The Railway (Part 1)

SeBaek/BaekHun One-shot(s)

 

Just like a usual day, the railway station are fill with people in the morning. Most people are going to work, students are going to school, families are going for a trip, and so on. Baekhyun look around the railway station while walking down the stairs. It's time to change shift for the train. Baekhyun has been working as a train driver for 3 years. He smile to the people around him before changing shift with one of his friend, named Suho. He always feel energetic everyday and always believe that giving a simple smile or help everyone will make someone's day, and he will feel satisfy. 

" Good morning hyung! " Baekhyun smile to Suho who is going to change shift with him. 

" Morning Baek, good luck for today, don't overwork yourself. If you're tired, just take some rest. " Suho smile and leave. He must be tired because he's incharge of the midnight shift. The railway station are operating 24 hours, Suho will start working from 12am until now, 7am.

While he is always worry that Baekhyun will be very tiring with his work, because Baekhyun always overwork himself. He's unlike the other workers, he's taking two shift, working from 7am until 11:45pm. At first the employer disagree with Baekhyun, he doesn't want to overwork his workers, but Baekhyun is so stubborn, he insists to do two shift. His employer always thought that " Does Baekhyun have other things to do in his life? He must need some time to relax but why is he working all day long? " No one know the reason why, except for Baekhyun himself. Baekhyun just want to fill his time with work because he doesn't want to think about something that happen in his life before. 

~~~

 

After a long day of working, Baekhyun feel satisfy with his work today eventhough he is just a train driver. He looked at his watch, 11:46pm. Just on time, he arrived the first railway station and change shift with the other workers who has midnight shift. He take his backpack and leave the driver's seat while waving to Suho and the other workers. 

Compare to the morning, midnight are not crowded with people, only a few people waiting in the station. He look around and saw there's a boy sitting in the corner, and he is asleep. The boy look abit pale, probably because of the coldness,but Baekhyun can't deny the boy is good looking, and his figure is like a model. He walks to the boy and tap his arms lightly. The boy open his eyes slowly and stare at Baekhyun.

" Excuse me sir, you are not allowed to sleep here, are you going to board a train? Because the train is leaving in 5 minutes. " Baekhyun said and smile politely to the boy. While it takes some time for the boy to finally respond to him.

" I'm not boarding a train, and i don't have place to stay, can i stay at your place? " The boy smirk while that startled Baekhyun. Before Baekhyun speak,

" Sorry, i'm just kidding, i will take my leave now. " The boy turn back to his poker face and stand up begin to leave. Before Baekhyun call him out, the boy is already out of his sight. 

~~~

 

As usual, it's time for Baekhyun to start his day with working again. He wake up early in the morning and prepare himself to work. He arrives the railway station and smile to every passengers as usual. He stop when he saw a familiar person, it's the boy again. He's wearing the same shirt like yesterday. " He doesn't go home yesterday? " Baekhyun feel confused but he struggle it off since he have to change shift with Suho. 

After a long day again, he felt shock right after he arrive the first station to change shift, he saw the boy again. The boy must be sitting in the station for a long time already. At first, he wants to leave and pretend he doesn't see anything because the boy is a stranger to him, but his feet and his heart never listen to him, like he's being drag to the boy.

" Hey, i saw you in the morning, and now you are still here, are you okay? Don't you need to go home? " Baekhyun speak and notice the boy have some cuts and bruises in his body and his cheek. The boy just stare at him without respond to him.

~~~

 

15 minutes later, they have arrive Baekhyun's house. Baekhyun decide to bring him home since the boy is injured. 

" Just sit here, i will prepare some food for us, and you can take a bath if you want, i have some extra new shirt. " The boy follow Baekhyun's gesture and went to the bathroom to take a bath eventhough his body is injured. 

After Baekhyun finish preparing the food, he walks out from the kitchen with the bowls of food in his hands. He almost drop the bowls when he saw the boy only covering his lower body with the towel after taking a bath. He almost forget to give the boy the extra new shirt. He blush when he saw the boy's upper body, he looks firm but not too muscular. Baekhyun quickly look away and headed to his bedroom to take the new shirt for the boy. Luckily the boy fits the shirt because his body size is bigger since Baekhyun has a smaller body. 

They enjoy eating together. Baekhyun give him more food since he notices the boy must be starving for a day. They never speak for a single word right after they arrive home just now. It's like both of them enjoy the silence. They feel comfortable eventhough they are still strangers to each other. After washing the dishes, they sit in the living room and Baekhyun offer to put some medicine on the boy's cut and bruises. The boy just smile, it's the first time Baekhyun saw his smile. 

" So.. what is your name? " Baekhyun ask him while putting medicine on the boy's bruises.

" Sehun.. and you? " Sehun just stared at Baekhyun while he helps him. They are sitting so close and Baekhyun blush and look away. 

" I'm Baekhyun. You have a nice name. " Baekhyun smile and try to clear the awkward situation between them.

After that, they decided to sleep because it's late and Baekhyun have to wake up early and work again. He allows Sehun to sleep on his bed while he sleep at the couch. But Sehun insists that they can sleep together if he wants or Sehun will be sleeping at the couch, he doesn't want to burden Baekhyun. Baekhyun can't help and agree to sleep with him at his bed. Baekhyun did not know why he brings Sehun back to his home, he did not know why he would cook for him, he did not know why he would willing to let a stranger to sleep on his bed, with him. What if Sehun is a bad guy? What if Sehun is a murderer *a handsome murderer*? Or maybe because he reminds him of someone..someone he used to love.. Baekhyun shake his thoughts and slowly close his eyes and drift to his dreamland. He does not realise Sehun who lay beside him haven't sleep yet, Sehun move closer to Baekhyun and wrap his arm around him and slowly fall asleep.

~~~

 

The next morning, Baekhyun wake up right after he heard his alarm clock is ringing. He slowly open his eyes, he is still tired since last night he slept late because taking care of Sehun. He look beside his bed, he's surprise because Sehun is not here. He look in the bathroom, his living room, and everywhere but he is no where to be found. Until he reach the kitchen, he saw some french toast and fried eggs on the table. And there's a note beside the food,

' Good morning, i'm sorry i have to leave before you wake up, i'm going somewhere..

 Don't worry about me, my injury are getting better, thanks for taking care of me yesterday.

 And i cook you some breakfast, eat it before you go to work,

 Take care.

 Sehun :) '

Baekhyun just smile while reading the note, he prepare himself and eat the breakfast that Sehun prepare for him. He can't deny but the food was delicious. It's been awhile since he's eating homemade food, since he always order takeout while working. He feels regret for not asking where is Sehun staying because he need to find a way to contact him, maybe they can become friends, or maybe more than friends..

 

 

To Be Continued~~~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's been awhile, I just finish my exam and i'm free to write stories again! 

I decided to make this stories into two parts,

I hope you enjoy it,

and please do subscribe and comments! I will truly appreciate! :D

I'm trying hard to do a sequel for my previous one-shot stories as requested by some of the comments :)