The Years, We Still Don't Know What Is Love

SeBaek/BaekHun One-shot(s)

Represent font :

Baekhyun's POV 

Sehun's POV

 

Rain start to pour down from the sky, it start with a small rain and it turns out to be a heavy rain all of the sudden. The smell of the rain fills in the surrounding of the air in the school. I walk alone on the long corridor after finishing borrow some books from the library to do my assignment. Usually i would spend my time with my friends together, but whenever it's a rainy day, i like to be alone. The rain makes me feels comfortable and happy. I stop in the middle of the corridor when i saw one of my friend is infront of the corridor, walking towards me. His name is Jongdae, but everyone calls him Chen. He's one of the basketball player in our school. I'm usually not interested in sport but i'm surprise that me and Chen can become close friends eventhough our hobbies are different, i prefer art and music. 

Chen told me that he cannot finish his basketball practice today because of raining. Well, i know that because i saw many of the basketball players are running to the corridor since the rain is getting heavy. I just look around and someone caught my attention. He just walking under the rain slowly toward the corridor from the other side unlike the others who's running like their life depends on it. That day,he wear a white basketball shirt, a black sport pants, a pair of blue sport shoes. his hair is in blonde colour which suits him well. i can see sweat and raindrops are streaming down from his hair and forehead. His front hair covers his eyebrows. He makes my heartbeat beating fast but i doesn't know the reason why.

I'm on my way walking towards the corridor because it's raining heavily and i have to stop practice for my basketball. I saw many of my friends running faster towards the corridor. Some of them almost fall down because it's slippy while raining, i walk towards them to help them eventhough i'm totally wet because of the rain. I doesn't really care about getting wet because i love the presence of rain which i don't know why. While i'm on my way walking towards the corridor, i notice someone is staring at me while i saw Chen is standing beside him while talking. I don't know why but he doesn't stop staring at me while i'm replying him with my stare too. He seems space out. 

When i stand on the corridor to wipe myself. He would stealing glance or secretly peek on me while talking with Chen. Chen who notice my presence starts a small conversation while he's standing between us. I happen to know his name is Baekhyun when Chen talks with him. He's wearing a simple black T-shirt, black pants and a pair of white shoes. His hair is in brunette colour. He's shorter than me and skinny than me, i found him cute whenever he smile, it's like a baby which doesn't suit his age at all. After a long peeking or stealing glances contest, the rain has stop. It's time for me to leave, i say goodbye to Chen and his friend, Baekhyun. I just turn around and give him a smile while walking towards the school gate and he returns it with his cute smile.

 

Exam is starting soon, the stress can be sense at the surrounding of the class, some of them keep doing revision to prepare for the exam later, while some of them take the opportunity to have a nap before exam while i'm just looking outside the window and stare at the big field and basketball court. It suddenly remind me about that day, and the boy. I never get to know his name before he leaves. The way he turns around and smile at me before he leaves makes me blush, luckily Chen didn't notice it or not he will start to tease me. I lay my head on the table, i'm getting sleepy until a familiar figure enter the class and sit on the empty seat besides me. It's him again. This is our second meet. I overheard my classmate says that someone will change to this class from another class, but i never expect that he's the one who change to our class. I can't help myself but smile when he sit beside me and he smile at me again. Those smile always melts my heart. We never start a conversation after the smile until the exam start. After we finish the exam, i peek on his paper secretly. I know his name now, his name is Oh Sehun.

 

Everytime when i saw you in the school area or in the class, i will always smile at you. I always wish that you can see my smile even just a few seconds. I really want you to know the meaning behind my smile. That time i always believe that " We can't fall in love during our high school life , or not, he/she will be the person you will never forget in your life. " I don't know since when, he makes me change about this thoughts eventhough we never talk before. I don't know since when, we start to have some telepathy with each other. Whenever i stare at you, you will return my stare. We stare at each other for a few seconds and then we will just look down and smile silently. During lunch time, after finish eating my lunch, i'm heading back to the class slowly by walking on the corridor again. Suddenly i remember the first time when i meet you. The cute smile you gave me never forget in my mind. While i turn my head to the other side, i'm surprise that i see you because almost everyday when i wanna look for you during lunch time, you were no where to be seen. There's a boy standing beside you while wrapping his arm around your shoulder. I don't know why but feel a little jealous, I pretend that i didn't see it and walk back to the class. When i saw you return to the seat beside me, I can't fight with my urge of talking with you. " Baekhyun." I look at you while try to start a first conversation with you. You look kinda surprise because we never speak before. You smiles again while i continue. " Can i have your number? " After the conversation, we start to talk and message each other everyday. Another year has passed, we're still talking with each other, it seems like our topic are endless. We always talk about our future and what did we wish to do. We would say good morning and good night with each other everyday, It seems like this has become our habit. Because of the shyness that surrounding us, we never dare to confess with each other eventhough we know something is going on between us. After another year of studies, our studies become more busy and hard, we must put all our effort on studying so that we can get a great result and went to our ideal college. Because of this, our conversation become lesser and lesser. When the times passes, we never even talk with each other sometimes but only a simple good morning and good night.

 

Few days before the final exam, i have prepare myself to confess to you. I even prepare a box of chocolate. When we finish our class like usual, and everyone has get out from the class. I quickly stand up and wanna make a confess, but in just a sudden, i'm afraid and nervous at the same time. I can't even speak out a word. I ended up staring blankly at you. " Let's go, Baekhyun." Your whisper is enough for me to heard. We walk slowly and the day start to become dark. I look up to stare at your face while walking, you never change, your face, your hair, your body, it's still the same especially your eyes. It seems like your eyes are always trying to tell me something. We never talk until we parts our way. After i reach home, i just throw away the box of chocolate into the dustbin. I felt lifeless, we always use to talk with each other. Even we're going to parts our way, we will still stand for awhile and talk with each other. Its feels like we never wanna leave each other. But today was different, i know the reason why, because we never talk much during the time, we have to focus on exam. I felt regret for not confess to you earlier but the cruel things is, time will never goes back. After the day we finally finish our exam, is the last day of our school, we are still like usual, you will walk infront of me while i follow behind you. I really wish i can do it like the movie, i wish i can run to you and hug you from behind and tells you everything that keeps in my heart. and let the time stand still so that our feelings will not fade away. But coming back to the reality, i guess life cannot compare with movie. The reality is, we have to parts way in our life. I just pretend like the usual day. I look at you for the very last time, i did not want to forget about you in my life. After that, i turn around and walks away from you. My tears can't help but start to stream down from my eyes. This will be our last meet, Sehun.

 

Our life must go on whether we're happy or sad. No matter how much we go through in our life, how much we miss a person, or how much we regret in something, the time will always passed, until we get used to it. After our graduation, i saw your social channel and knows that you're currently study in New Zealand, and i still stay in Seoul to proceed my college life. I guess, this is the meaning that we cannot continue our story and we have to end it here. Our future will not be the same too. My tears begin to roll down on my cheeks again when i remember every moment that we have since we meet until the last time you leave me. After few months later, i'm surprise that you send me a private message on my social channel. We just have a little conversation about our current life. During our conversation, we still didn't brings out the feelings that we keeps in our heart. Maybe the feelings are already sink deeply in our heart until we can't bring it out. After some times, i realize and understand something. Maybe the love that we never start, is the best ending for us. Both of us will just remember our smile, our innocence, our happy moments. I will always remember those memories, and put those feelings of love in my heart forever. Perhaps the destiny will lead us to meet each other again. We are the only one who knows about the feelings forever.

 

The years, we still don't know what is love.

 

= THE END =

 

 

How is it? ;;

I feel like writing a sequel for this story, but afterall, this is a one shot.. T.T

Feel free to comment about your opinion! :)

And sorry for not updating for a long time,

i will try to update as soon as possible since i have time now.