A Tree That Never Grows

SeBaek/BaekHun One-shot(s)

Baekhyun walks to the mountain alone as usual everyday,

People around him always wondering and ask him the reason why he always go to the mountain while there's nothing except trees. Baekhyun just ignore them because no one understand how he feels now.

He looks at a small tree, he signed.

The tree never grow, it's remain the same, it makes him angry and sad at the same time.

The tree has a meaningful story behind it that makes Baekhyun cry everytime he remembers.

 

...

This tree was planted by Baekhyun and Sehun,

it seems like a normal tree but for both of them, it was very meaningful. 

Everyday they will hold hands and visit the small tree.

 

Baekhyun was born from a rich family, his family always stop him to met Sehun just because Sehun was born from a poor family, and Sehun has only a father as his family, his mother dead from an accident. Sehun doesn't have much friends too. He's not that sociable to anyone, he always put on a poker face because no one understand his pain in the heart, he really need cares from others but he doesn't know how to show it. 

Baekhyun has been stalked him, he do not know why, but he has the special feelings that Sehun is different from other of his friends. He knew all the people sticked with him because he's rich, but Sehun was different, he's quiet. One day, he saw Sehun walking while holding a plastic bag in his hand and walk to the mountain. Baekhyun felt curious about what Sehun is doing at the mountain and he followed Sehun secretly but ended up being realise by Sehun. 

He thought Sehun is going to shouted at him but he did not. Sehun just smiled softly at him while kneel down on the ground and started to dig a small hole on the soil. It's the first time Baekhyun saw Sehun smile. It's cute thought. He walked closer to Sehun and kneeled beside him. Sehun took out the small plant from the plastic bag and put into the hole carefully.

" Do you like plants alot? " Baekhyun finally broke the silence.

" Actually no, it's just became one of my habit. " This is the first time he heard Sehun's voice, it's nice to hear.

Sehun started to felt comfortable around Baekhyun so he told him about his story since small. From the conversation, Baekhyun knew that Sehun was actually doesn't have any money to buy anything to play and he just started planting when he was bored since small. He was amazed when Sehun told him that there were plenty of trees at here were grew by him.

" Should i help you with this tree? i have never try planting before. " Baekhyun offered to help while smiling and Sehun stared at him before nodded his head.

He teach Baekhyun about the amount of water he should watered, and other things related to planting. 

At first, Sehun thought Baekhyun was just playing around, but he was wrong, Baekhyun was willing to listen what he told him, he was happy.

And this tree, started their friendship. That's the reason why it's special for both of them.

 

Sehun was having a secret crush on Baekhyun recently, because Baekhyun always helped him in their school work. When he got bullied, Baekhyun was the one who protect him. When he got sick, Baekhyun was the one who taking care of him besides Sehun's dad. Sehun never celebrate birthday before, but Baekhyun was the one who willing to celebrate with him. He even hug and kiss his cheek during his birthday, which make him blushed hard.

And same goes to Baekhyun, he has secret crush on Sehun too. Just because Sehun is so different and so special from others. Sehun always care about him unlike his parents who always cares about money only. He stills stick with Sehun eventhough his friends always cursed on Sehun, said that Sehun was poor and weak, but that doesn't bother Baekhyun for liking him.

 

Their love started when both of them finally confessed to each other on a day when they're going to see the small plant.

Baekhyun's family was shocked and try to stop Baekhyun from meeting Sehun. But Baekhyun never obey, he believed that true love can make them stronger and last long. Sehun never gave up on their relationship too eventhough he always get cursed by Baekhyun's parents and Baekhyun's friends. He believed on himself, he believed on Baekhyun.

 

But happy day was no longer for Baekhyun. 

Baekhyun's parents get cheated by a company. Their business was ruined. 

Just a single day, their money are all gone and they became poor.

Baekhyun was trying to get help by his friends. Guess what?  All of his friends didn't even bother him because he is not the rich boy anymore. 

This is what a cruel life called.

Until one day, Baekhyun's parents forced Baekhyun to marry Chanyeol.

Chanyeol always has an eyes on Baekhyun for a long time. His family is more rich than Baekhyun's family.

Baekhyun can't have any choice but marry Chanyeol, he wanna ran away with Sehun to a place where everyone doesn't know them but he can't. He can't just leave his family even they treated him bad, he felt bad if he really ran away. He cry the whole night in his bedroom, he doesn't said anything, silence filled the air, but his mind was filled with everything about Sehun, every moment they had, every touch, every words. They put so much effort and love to be together but it ended up for him to gave up?

 

The next day,

Baekhyun called Sehun to met up at the mountain. He can heard from the voice that Sehun was happy but it's pain for Baekhyun.

Baekhyun prepared himself, maybe today is the last day he saw Sehun's smile, the last day he met him. His footstep felt heavy every step he walked to the mountain, he doesn't wanna say goodbye.

Both of them look at the small tree like usual. Sehun was hugging Baekhyun from back. Baekhyun closed his eyes and try to swallow his tears into his heart. 

" Sehunnie, what's the reason that the tree never grew? " Baekhyun asked while closing his eyes.

" Because there's no sun on this area and it's lack of love, we should love each other more and more so that the tree grow faster. Don't worry, i believe the tree will grow up like our relationship, we're going to stay forever with your parents agreement. " After Sehun finished his words, Baekhyun turned around and he was shocked that Baekhyun was crying and he hug him tightly. Sehun was worried.

Baekhyun told him everything about marrying Chanyeol just to paid for the liabilities. Sehun was more shocked this time, tears started to form from the corner of his eyes. 

" Baekhyun.. don't marry him, I will try to find money and help your parents to paid the liabilities. " Sehun hold Baekhyun's hand tightly, they stared at each other. Sehun was giving hope to Baekhyun, he knew he must do something to make Baekhyun happy. They doesn't wanna to end their love like this, it should be an endless love.

Baekhyun doesn't know how Sehun will have money since Sehun was not rich. He knew it was impossible, but he was touched by Sehun's words, he believed him.

 

These days, Baekhyun kept telling his parents that Sehun will get money for them to paid the liabilities. He tried to told his parents to give Sehun some time. He even kneel infront of his parents. His parents agreed to wait.

After a week, there was no news from Sehun. Baekhyun's parent were getting impatient and they scolded Baekhyun.

" Just marry Chanyeol! I begged that stupid boy has ran away from you because you're not rich anymore! " Baekhyun's father shouted.

" No! I believe in him! He promised to help us and come back! " Baekhyun shouted and get slapped by his father on the cheek.

" Well,you can just call him now, see if the stupid boy answer your call! " His father shouted again while Baekhyun cried while dialing Sehun's number.

His phone dropped when he heard the phone said ' The number you have dial is not in service ' .

He felt like his heart has broken into million of pieces, he can't believed that Sehun would do that to him. His tears just can't stop flowing. Does Sehun really lie to him? Is Sehun giving him a fake hope? But Sehun promised to make him happy and they're going to stay together forever.

 

The next day,

Baekhyun prepared himself to get going to Chanyeol's house to get engaged. His eyes was swollen because of crying the whole night. Even now he can't accept the fact that Sehun lie to him. He felt like dying but breathing. 

Just the time when Baekhyun's car was out from their house, a familiar man stop his car. 

Baekhyun's parents got out from the car and scolded the man and Baekhyun realised that he has hopes now because the man was Sehun's father.

He quickly got out from the car but he doesn't have a good feelings, Sehun's father eyes was swollen like him and he felt anger in his eyes. 

" Byun Baekhyun! Because of you, my son was dead! Its all because of you! " Baekhyun got a thunder strike, he can't believed what he is hearing, the whole world for him suddenly turn black and white, without any colours. 

" He's selling drugs just to get more money in a speed way! and he gave me the money before getting killed by mafia! " Sehun's father continued to slap and punch Baekhyun, but Baekhyun doesn't dozed off because he knew that it was all his fault. Baekhyun's parents tried to stop Sehun's father while they're getting shocked at the same time.

Baekhyun kneel on the floor and look down, he really need someone to stab him with a knife on his heart so that he will never felt the pain. He really felt bad, he wanted to die so badly. 

" Oh Sehun! Is this the happiness you said you would give me?! I'm not happy at all without you! I don't need those money, i just need you, come back! " Baekhyun shouted loudly while looking at the cloudy sky. The day started to rain, Baekhyun didn't even know which is tears and which is raindrops anymore, he doesn't have any feelings at all. He let the rain falls on him. Another second, everything went black.

...

 

And now, Baekhyun is looking at the small tree again.

He remember what Sehun told him before,

' The tree never grow because it doesn't have sun at this area and it's lack of love... '

But Sehun is not on with him anymore, how can they fillful their love? He left him alone at this world that has only the colour of black and white for him.

His tears doesn't listen to his order and it flows down again.

 

" Such a cry baby like before."  He heard a familiar voice, it's Sehun's voice! 

He wides his eyes and look around, but there was no one here. Baekhyun thought he is just imagine things and he heard it again.

" You should be happy for me and stay strong, i don't want to see you cry. " Baekhyun turn around and found nothing again.

 

" Sehun... " Baekhyun whispered to himself. 

He know Sehun must be watching him from a beautiful place now.

He close his eyes and feels the presence of Sehun.

This time he doesn't turn around, he stay still...

 

= THE END=

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments are always welcome!