Past or Present?

Chances (AmberXBambam)

Three Weeks Later

Happy Campers Day 1

Amber's POV

I think I can be officially called an idiot now. This is We are Dating's seventh episode for the BaMi couple, and I'm still watching like some fan in the living room. The two have a very natural chemistry together, that I can tell.

"Yu Mi-ah, let's switch icecreams." Bambam, who just recently dyed his hair blue, requested upon seeing the difference in toppings of the two glass of sweets.

"This is why I told you their strawberry sundae is better. Why order a vanilla sundae, really?"

"C'mon! Let's switch!"

"No!" She then scooped some ice cream and started eating.

"Aigoo! You have some on your face."

I had to turn the T.V. off though when Bambam nearly kissed the girl. My heart is not exactly made of stone.

So I went to my room and started packing up. For sure that WaD episode was shot before, as I and Allen are going to Happy Campers shooting today with the Bambam and Yu Mi couple. Weird coincidence, I know. I honestly nearly wanted to kill Allen when he signed us both up for that variety show all because he said he loves camping. Oh well, I guess this is simply fated. I'm in no position to complain either, as I was the one who caused a lot of pain last time Bambam and I met. Really, his crying face that time had been haunting me ever since.

Ring! Ring! ApJFAKNK@!$#1!

"Yo Allen. What, you're downstairs already? Damn you, I'm still packing up-"


After a few hours, we finally found on our way to the shooting site. The place turned out to be a very beautiful natural park, and the air is so fresh it's as if I'm in a different planet altogether. I stretched and breathed in the sweet scent of the mountains right after leaving the car.

Right then, I heard a familiar voice. "Amber-noona!" It's JB! When I turned to look, I saw a black van parked a few spaces away from us. From it came leadernim, Jr, and finally the familiar shock of light blue hair. I smiled at them and greeted them with a hug, but Bambam simply avoided me and smiled coldly before walking towards the other members who came out first.

"Aish that kid." Got7's leader frowned a little towards the younger member's direction. "His moods are seriously unpredictable lately when he's not around Yu Mi-ssi. I apologize for his behavior sunbaenim."

"No, it's cool." My eyes followed my ex-lover's back for a moment. "Shall we take a look at the place?" I faked a smile to lighten up the mood.

"Yeah, let's go!" Jr came from nowhere and swung his arm around me. Soon we're walking past everyone. And then I remembered that I was with The Prince. Oh. Looking back, I shouted. "Yah, can you hurry up a little Allen?"

I noticed everyone look at us. Ah, damn. I got so used to our screaming matches at home, it's seems to have become a habit now. The raven-haired just snobbishly glared daggers at me without even turning his head. "Go first. I need to do some phone calls."

"Okay!" I swung an arm over Jr's shoulder as well, and resumed walking. "Let's go sight-seeing boys!"

Since the show is set to begin when the cast gets completed in the afternoon, I spent that morning hanging out with my Got7 friends. Except Bambam, of course. He simply went all silent; he's honestly become like another version of Mark. By lunch, Yu Mi and other casts arrived. Finally, Bambam's face brightened, and soon he's laughing with the girl.

Afternoon came, and the show started by filming us cooking by pairs. To make it interesting, the PD said, we were paired according to "rumors". Well, the other couples sure aren't dating in real life, including Allen and I, but Bambam and Yu Mi are real. I mentally sighed when I saw them highfive and embrace each other after being able to catch fish.

"Do-m, darou?" I don't speak Japanese, but I'm very familiar with how it sounds. However, whenever Allen speaks it, it's like the entire language just turn into curse words.

"Huh?"

"I said you're a masochist. You know you'll get hurt if you look at them, but you still keep on doing it."

It took me a while to process what he just said. "What, masochist?!" I think I reacted a little too loudly. Once again, the people around looked at us, including the BaMi pair. Jackson nearly choked on the banana he was eating. After I motioned that it's nothing, everyone else returned to what they were doing. That I thought. Except I caught Bambam still looking at us in my peripheral vision.

"Yah, if I'm a masochist, then you're the sadist, the main cause of all my suffering. You're the one who took me here!" I whispered angrily while juddering a finger to his chest.

I then saw his usual malevolent smile. "I was just really curious about you and that kid." He then tasted the soup I'm stirring. "Let's add more gochujang."

"What do you mean curious about us? There's nothing to see about us- Hey, that's too much gochujang!"

"Nothing? I'm seeing a lot of things." Then he scooped a little of the red broth. "Try it. It should be good." He said while directing the spoon to my mouth.

"Yah, you're planning something again, aren't you?" He pointed at the spoon with his pursed lips. "Aish, I'm telling you you put too much spice paste."

"We won't know if we don't check."

"Why should I check it for you? You taste it first!"

"Anieyo. What if it's too spicy?"

Really, this freak! What does he think I am, some hired help or lab rat?! He still wouldn't put the thing down, however, so I finally gave in.

"Ah! So hot! So hot!" I held my mouth in pain. The liquid was still very hot and the spiciness of the soup made it worse. Allen even disappeared. "You... You really..."

"Here, drink it." He brought me a glass of water. I'm not sure if it's my imagination, but he actually sounded worried. I took a sip, but the pain in my mouth remained. "Let me see your lips."

Only then did I notice that Bambam was still looking at us, a look of panic apparent on his soft face. Yu Mi seemed to have noticed, so she tapped him in the shoulder.

♦♦♦

It's already dark when we finished cooking. After eating, we did a Truth or Dare game. Of course everything was filmed, so I decided to act cool, even though I am literally shaking while facing Bambam whose hand is holding Yu Mi's beneath the table. My partner, on the other hand, remained looking like he couldn't care less and wouldn't even look at me. Thank goodness my Got7 dongsaengs and the other guests are funny as hell.

"Really..." Jackson blushed after being asked the who-is-your-first-love question. Then our eyes met for a moment. "Just dare me!"

"Sure, why not?" Youngjae even cracked his fingers. "I want you to... Kiss Yu Mi-ssi's hand."

At this, Bambam's face changed all of a sudden. "What are you saying, hyung?"

"It's just a hand kiss. They do it all the time in American movies."

"But hyung!"

Yu Mi laughed and pinched her boyfriend's face. "It's okay, Bam. You know I love you only. Here, Jackson-hyung." She offered her hand.

"She's even calling me hyung! You did this to embarrass me, didn't you Youngjae?!"

Laughter ensued. Soon, Allen's turn came. He got an easy question and proceeded on choosing me as the next player right away. "Truth or dare, Amber?" He asked in his usual deep voice. Everyone went "Whooo!" as he just called my name without any suffix. They probably think it's a form of endearment, when it's actually just pure lack of respect. By the way, judging by his character, it would be extremely risky to choose dare.

"Ask away."

"Good choice." He then smiled again. Man, his smiles are like harbingers of misfortune. "This is a simple question: Past or present?"

Both my eyes and Bambam's opened wide at his question. He's referring to us, I'm so sure of it. I mentally chopped his head off. Forever a pest to the world, aren't you Allen?!

"Wow, nice one." Finally, Mark spoke. I almost forgot that he's one of the few people who knew about me and Bambam. That silent kid must be having fun observing us all this time.

Soon enough, everyone's eyes fell on me. I don't know what to do. For sure my answer is past, but this is going to be on television. "...Present." I said in the lowest voice I can manage to utter.

I don't know why, but Allen chuckled at my answer. Bambam, on the other hand, looked so hurt it's as if he's about to break down soon. He regained composure though after Yu Mi squeezed his hand. Amber, you monster. You did it again! Seriously, just drown yourself in the river or something!

"Okay, are you satisfied with her answer now, Allen-ssi?" The emcee questioned my partner.

"Yeah. I already knew the answer though, I kind of regret asking it now. I could have asked for something more interesting."

"Well, you just used up your turn. It's time for you to choose the next player, Amber."

I don't know what came into my mind but my mouth just uttered, "Bambam."

He looked up at me with a scared and pained expression.

"Then, what do you choose, truth or dare?" The emcee asked towards him.

"Dare."

"R-really?" I asked.

"I'll do what noona likes. What do you want me to do, Amber-noona? Tell me." His voice shook at the end; it honestly felt like he was asking a completely different question. It's as if I have full control over his life, and he's willing to do what I choose.

"Then, kiss Yu Mi-ssi." I gulped while trying to remain calm. Lead him to the right path, Amber. Help him choose the bright path... away from you.

"Are you sure, noona?" He closed his eyes tightly.

"Yeah."

"That's too easy. It's not even a dare." And he kissed Yu Mi deeply in front of me and everyone else. The whole room erupted in chaos at the sudden french kiss of the two youths.

I felt my everything crumble, and yet I have to remain smiling and look happy for them like an older sister would.

You did well, Amber. That's the way to go. Just bear the pain for a bit longer, and you can let it all out when the show is over.

When the show is over.


Happy Campers Day 2
Amber's POV

The following day was full of games and missions. We were still paired up, and the BaMi or the so-called Strawberry Couple were the sweetest of all, as usual. Allen and I, however, were just like the most awful pair to ever grace Earth to the point that we were even called the "Nuclear Couple" because of our tendency to argue and mostly shout at each other. We seem to be gaining a lot of fans for some really unexplainable reason, though.

Before lunch, we played a game in which the losing couples get the mission to dive from a cliff to the river. The BaMi couple and us, the so-called Dangerous Ones, lost and had to jump into the river. I can definitely swim, but getting in the water in such a cold weather is just ridiculous.

Oh well, when I saw Allen jump in, I knew I had to do it. Before I jumped though, I looked down and found him with arms wide open. "The water's not cold, and it's not even that deep. This river is perfect, there's nothing to worry about. Jump now, Amber!"

Whenever he tries to reassure me, that's when I start to fear for my life. But the heck- This is going to be on t.v.

"Jump! I'll catch you right away!"

Everyone cheered for me after that. "Okay, okay!" I tossed myself into the water. The impact sure was painful, and the water was so cold it's as if my body got frozen all over right from the moment I entered the river. I was wading non-stop beneath the surface for a while, and my feet never reached the bottom. I knew it. That Allen!

Soon enough, I felt his arms pulling me up, though. I was catching my breath when my head finally bobbed out of the water. "You really- You were lying Allen!"

"Hahaha!" His insane laughter made my blood boil even more. "You looked like a frog from down here when you jumped."

"I'll kill you!" And he remained laughing while holding my hands before I hit him. The crowd went laughing and cheering at us still, despite my threat to erase his existence.

"Araseo, araseo. I want to kiss you, too."

So we were told to move out of the water soon after that to make way for the Strawberry pair. The two jumped into the water while hugging each other, though. And were even playing around sweetly when they floated. Surely, nothing beats those two in cuteness. They're just... Perfect together.

"Another critical hit, huh?" Allen commented once more.

"Shut up." I stood up and proceeded to walk away.


 

◊◊◊

We are Dating is my lame version of We Got Married. lol sorry about that. And yeah, I know Happy Campers doesn't exactly describe our bias campers. Anyway, hope you enjoyed reading. There's more to come. Please comment!