What Leads to the Bottom

Chances (AmberXBambam)

M! Countdown Studio

Got7's Dressing Room. Friday Night.

Bambam's POV

"So, as we promised earlier, we're going to wow you guys once more tonight." Ye Won announced while smiling sweetly at the camera.

"Yeah, I'm sure they'll be screaming when they get a glimpse of this lady. My jaws literally dropped when I saw her backstage just now. Just, wow." K. Will commented.

Soon enough, the curtains drew back, revealing a familiar silhouette in the middle of the stage. It felt like time literally stopped when I saw what came next.

The whole studio fell silent when Amber-noona's beautiful voice filled the air.

"Is she really Amber?" "I always knew she's pretty despite being a tomboy, but this is daebak. Just daebak." "She looks like a doll. Shall I hit on her?" "Whoa, her figure is just- Boom!"

Even my hyungs commentaries in the dressing room weren't able to distract me. It really is noona. My Amber-noona...

"Hey, what are you guys up to?" Yu Mi came in carrying containers of what appears to be home-made food. "Is that... Isn't that Amber of F(X)?"

I sensed her glance towards me. At that, I stopped myself from staring and nervously checked out the food she brought.

"I heard from Yugyeom that you barely touched your breakfast earlier, so I brought you some kimbap."

"K-kumawo Yu Mi-ah. You shouldn't have bothered." But my eyes just won't keep on getting distracted by noona's y dancing on T.V.

No, think straight Bambam. She's not the noona you knew. She's someone else, now. And you have someone else, now. Just-

"-"

I'm not sure if the others noticed, but I'm sure I saw her twist her ankle. She continued dancing, but she's shaking. She shakes when she's controlling her emotions.

"Hey Bam-"

"I'll need to use the restroom."

Before I knew it, I'm already running towards the stage. There's a lot of people, so I wasn't able to get to her as quickly as I wanted to, but when I finally found her-

"It's Allen!" A fangirl screamed from the crowd.

Allen appeared beside her, spinning her around. I'm not sure if he's a part of her performance, but it seems like he's holding her up while dancing. I felt all my energy disappear in an instant.

I stopped being able to think. Seeing noona and the man she was kissing that night dancing passionately in front of me... I can only stare in pain. It's been almost two years since I last saw her, but the wounds she left in my heart are still so fresh. Now, it's like she's literally slicing my heart open.

Suddenly, a hand grabbed my arm.

"I thought you went to the restroom, and then you're on T.V., what's going on Bambam?" Yu Mi asked.

"On T.V.?"

"Yeah, your moments while watching unnie were all caught on camera. Thank goodness they focused on those two right after." She continued pulling me away. Soon, we arrived in the fire exit. "Really... You're really pathetic, don't you know that?!"

"Mianhe Yu Mi-ah..." I tried to hold the railing as I fell to a sit on the stairs. Really, totally pathetic.

"She's Allen's girl, right?"

I nodded. As usual, only Yu Mi sees things the same way as I do. Soon enough, the feelings came rushing onto me again. "She disappeared just like that, and now... How can noona-"

"Yah!" She suddenly held my face with both hands. "I'm here with you, so don't you dare cry for some other girl."

"I... I just..."

"Ugh, really. Just when I thought you finally moved on."

But I ended up collapsing on her shoulder. I sure started to bawl so much, it'll probably end my career if fans see me like this. "Why is she doing this, Yu Mi-ah? My heart feels like it's going to burst."

"Don't you dare explode your heart on my new white dress, okay? Talk to your noona later."

"I'm so sorry. All this when you're my girlfriend."

"We were friends before lovers, so I can handle this. Moreover, I know how much you loved her when you were dating two years ago, but remember that right now things are different. You should be able to handle your feelings for her, too. Better talk to her after the show."

"Araseo... Kumawo, Yu Mi. As always, you're here for me."

"Because you're such a pabo, I just automatically look out for you."


Dressing Room

Amber's POV

Wow, what a mess. Seriously, I prepared so much and I still ended up twisting my ankle in the middle of my precious comeback?! Dammit!

"Here, apply some minty cream while the show isn't over."

"Minty cream?" I took the random-looking ointment from Allen's hand. "Isn't this for insect bites and such?"

"I use it anywhere that's painful. Give it back if you don't like it."

Whoa! This dude sure is weird. All that chicness, and he uses these things like some grandpa?

"No, this is better than nothing." I looked down and let my bangs hide my growing smile. Applying a little on my ankle, I grimaced in pain when I accidentally moved my foot a little.

"Let me see." All of a sudden, Mr. Ebil knelt in front of me and touched my ankle.

"Ah! That hurts!" Then he even pressed on it. "I'm telling you it's painful!"

"Do you think you can stand onstage later? They'll have to interview you."

"I can do that. Don't wo- Ah! Told you to not touch it!"

He sighed. "This won't work. We need to bandage it tightly."

"Anieyo! That'll make it obvious!"

"Then wear boots or socks-"

Suddenly, a loud knock resounded through the door.

"Noona, it's me... Bambam."

My eyes opened wide.

He's here? He saw everything earlier? Even our dance... No.

"Noona?"

At that, Allen stood up and opened the door. "Come in." Then he glanced at me one last time. "I'll be back when I'm able to find something. Don't get up from that chair in the meantime, or else." The ice prince instructed, before leaving me with Bambam.

A few seconds passed after Allen left, and neither of us are still speaking.

"Bambam, how are you?" I finally asked, not being able to find anything else to say.

"I'm doing fine. How about you? That was a great performance." He said in a very natural tone. "We brought you flowers, but I thought people might think weirdly if I come in here with flowers."

"Ah yeah, since you're dating that girl, right? You were with her when I got in that accident."

I saw him panic a little, but he returned to normal in a split second. "Y-yeah. She's been with me ever since we... we parted." His voice finally turned serious.

"I'm sorry, I didn't have time to tell you about it. Actually-"

"Anyway!" He broke me off before I could explain. "Yu Mi-ah and I are going to be on We are Dating starting next week. And also, ugh..." He scratched his head frantically. "We're also going to be on that... What'd you call it? Happy Campers or something? We'll be with a couple of other celebrities. You... You should go with us, noona. I mean, we'll be going to the mountains, and do some fishing..."

"Y-yeah sure." I know him. He's grown even taller, and he's well-built now just like his hyungs, but this is still the same old baby Bambam that I know. He's trying very hard to keep his feelings from pouring out. "By the way, I need to apologize, Bambam. For not letting you know where I've been the whole time. Glad to see that you're doing fine now, though."

"It's fine, noona. I mean, with Chailai gone, there really wasn't any reason for you to-" At that his tears finally fell. "Ah, chincha..."

I instinctively made my way up to hug him, but because of my ankle, I nearly fell over. He caught me right on time, though. "Thanks." He then helped me up and placed me down the sofa.

"Are you okay?" He asked while our faces remain very close together. I'm sure I blushed when I suddenly remembered our first kiss. That was in a sofa also, if I remember it correctly. "Amber-noona, did Allen-ssi take up my place?" He asked in a whisper while his shiny round eyes remain focused on mine.

I felt as if the earth beneath me is about to split into two when I heard his question. Of course not. No way. Never ever will there be anyone to take your place, Bambam. But I can't let you know that...

I felt my eyes get heavy with tears, so I looked away and cleared my throat. "I'm sorry, but Allen and I are dating now, and we're engaged." For the first time in my life, I seriously wanted to die right on the spot. Amber, you should just die and go to hell. Go to the end of the universe where Bambam will never find you. "Although we're still not decided on a date, which might after a few years... but yeah, he's now my fiance."

I couldn't face him or he'll see my tears, but I can definitely see his face on the reflection on the window. My precious Bambam is crying. He remains motionless and is breathing heavily, while tears continue flowing freely down his cheeks. I suddenly remembered the twelve year old him I saw crying in the baseball field because of homesickness many years ago. Did I put him in that much pain?

Then he quietly left my side.

"Araseo. I'll go back now, noona. Congratulations on your solo debut... And for getting engaged." He said before he closed the door.


♣♣♣

Drama alert! Drama alert! And more drama to come! :P

Sorry, I actually have a certain love for irony. So since our characters are both fun and cute people, I decided to put some serious twist on their tale here in Chances. Anyway, I hope to know what you think about the story so far.