two

Life Support

For the whole class, Kyungsoo couldn’t stop thinking of the girl beside him. Did he do something wrong to upset her? All he did was introduce himself to her. Meanwhile, Minah couldn’t stop worrying about what might happen to her later. Although she didn’t care about the girls that love to bully her, she was scared that they would do something a bit more extreme than usual because of sitting next to the ‘new kid.’

 

Why the hell is he sitting next to me? Those girls are going to kill me for real this time. …

 

After class was over, it was time for a small break. Minah’s heart started to fasten its pace as she walked towards her locker. Every once in a while, she would glance back, making sure no one was following her. The rest of the students were on the other side of the school because they didn’t want to share the same locker area with Minah. She was an outcast in school and favorite target for the bullies. Whenever they attack her, she would always stay reply with something harsh. If she was in a bad mood, she would say something back and attack them. When it came to physical stuff, she could always fight back, but the kids would always tell the principle and get her into some kind of trouble, even though it wasn’t her fault.

 

As she reached her locker, she quickly opened it and dump her books in. She then grabbed her notebooks for the next three classes and locked her locker. When she turned around, she was met by 3 fierce-looking girls, starring down at her. Minah noticed them quickly since they were her regular bullies.

 

“How did this piece of trash manage to catch Kyungsoo oppa’s attention unnie?” A girl with pigtails asked.

“She probably paid him to sit next to her. No way anyone wants to sit next to this thing.” A girl with bobb haired answered.

 

All of them laughed at Minah and dropped her books.

 

“Oops… I didn’t mean it.” The tallest one teased and shoved her back.

 

Minah was clearly annoyed by them. Her face had already turned red and her hands were balled up into fists.

 

 “Bomi-yah, we should teach her a lesson for flirting with the new kid. She deserves this.” The bob haired girl suggested, grabbing Minah’s hair and pulling it.

 

Out of reflex, Minah grabbed the bob haired girl’s collar and turned around while shoving her to the lockers. The other girls stepped back, startled at Minah’s actions.

 

“Don’t ing touch my hair, Jimin”

“Why? Did your mom tell you not to let anybody touch your hair? … wait, your mother’s dead! She can’t say anything or tell you to do anything because she’s ing dead.” Jimin replied, laughing at her own joke.

 

Minah tightened her grip on Jimin’s collar and raised her fist. As the two girls behind were about to stop her, a group of guys passed by.

 

“Hey! Don’t hit her!” One of them yelled as he ran to Minah and pulled her away.

 

Minah, who was breathing furiously, harshly pulled her wrist out of the guy’s grip and looked down.

 

“Luhan oppa! Thank goodness you came! That freak almost punched the hell out of Jimin!” Bomi exclaimed as she held onto Luhan’s arms.

 

The other guys looked at Minah. Some of them were shaking their heads and the others were just shocked. It’s their first day and there was already a fight! Out of them all, Kyungsoo was the most disappointed. He thought she was a sweet girl.

 

Maybe that’s why she ignored me this morning. She’s the school bully.

 

“Is that true? You know you could get into serious trouble.” A tall guy with big ears said.

 

“Can’t you mind your own business? Know-it-alls like you should listen to the real story before jumping into ty conclusions.” Minah replied, sick of hearing the new kids talk.

“But you almost punched that girl! She could’ve gotten seriously injured if we didn’t jump into this fight.” One of them said.

“So what?  It still doesn’t give you the right to judge people before even knowing them.” Minah replied.

“Well, we saw your fists ready to punch her square in the jaw. We have enough evidences to judge you.” Another said.

“ Well, if she didn’t provoke me, I wouldn’t have almost punched her.” Minah asked.

 “Stop lying, Minah! I didn’t provoke you! I accidently dropped your books and you went ape- on me after that.” Jimin lied.

 

Minah rolled her eyes. She was really disgusted with Jimin. She always tried to act like the innocent one.

 

Suddenly, the guy with blonde hair stepped forward and put his hand on Minah’s shoulder.

 

“Uh, Minah-shi, is it? I think you should just apologize to her. We don’t want this to go serious right? My family owns this school so I could get you in trouble right now if you don’t apologize.” He said.

 

Minah let out a bitter chuckle before shoving his hands off her shoulder.

 

“ I don’t give two s if you own the entire world, . I’m not apologizing to her because it’s not my fault.?!”

 

The blonde guy was about to say something before Minah interrupted him.

 

“Honestly, I don’t care what any of you think. It’s stupid to listen to such idiotic opinions. And you,” Minah pointed at Kyungsoo, “I thought you were different. Turns out you and your friends are the same as every ty s here.”

 

With that, Minah took grabbed her books from the ground, flashed smile at them, along with a middle finger, and walked away.