three

Life Support

Minah was completely annoyed after the little scene Jimin pulled. And the new kids jumping into conclusions made it even worse than it should.

 

If those guys didn’t interrupt, I would’ve punched Jimin already. That would’ve made my day a LOT better.

 

After taking a small trip to the bathroom, Minah headed towards her next class, History. When she walked in, only a few people were there, so no one was actually starring at her. She took a seat in her usual seat and tapped her foot while waiting for class to begin.

 

Kyungsoo on the other hand was forced to walk with his friends and the girls they met before. He couldn’t stop thinking about what Minah said to him earlier.

 

“I thought you were different.” Different from who?

 

“So, what’s your next class oppa?” Jimin asked, bringing Kyungsoo back from his thoughts.

 

“Uh- What? Oh… history I think,” Kyungsoo replied.

 

“OMG! Me too~ I guess we have the same classes again!” Jimin cheered.

 

Kyungsoo showed her a quick smile before continuing their walk to class.

 

When they reached their class, Tao, Kris, Sehun, Jongin, Bomi, Sohee, and Minseok bid their goodbyes with the rest as they headed to their own classes. The rest of the guys and Jimin walked in history class as they chatted out loud. Kyungsoo, who paid no attention to the conversation spotted Minah’s sleeping figure at the far back of the classroom. He was quite happy to see her, but also a bit nervous. He was sure that if he tried to initiate a conversation, she would probably curse him out.

 

“Yo soo, isn’t that the girl who cursed at us earlier?” Baekhyun whispered.

 

Kyungsoo replied with a nod as he made his way towards her. He though that if he couldn’t talk to her, at least he’s sitting beside her. It’s not like he likes her or anything, but somehow, she intrigues him in a way he can’t explain.

 

Jimin, who had her eyes on Kyungsoo for the whole time, eyed Minah. Although she had made Minah look like a complete jerk in front of the guys, the guy she likes the most is still trying to get close to her.

 

“What the hell is Kyungsoo doing…” Junmyeon mumbled.

 

“He’s trying to kill himself,” Chanyeol added.

 

“She’s going to kill him. We’ve got to do something…” Jimin said, trying to make matters worse.

 

The other guys looked at each other before finally making a decision.

 

“It’s either we tell him to sit somewhere else or tell her to go away… but the 2nd option is a bit too harsh.” Junmyeon suggested.

 

Jimin absolutely love the 2nd idea. How nice would it be to see that freak get humiliated AGAIN from the same guys.

 

“Awh come on oppa, the 2nd option’s not too harsh. It’s something I think would help her realize that bullying other people is a bad thing.” Jimin replied, using her innocent tone.

 

“OR, we could just wait and see what happens.” Yixing suggested, not liking the second or first option.

 

Yixing thought that it would be better to wait it out. See what happens between the two. Although he didn’t like Minah’s aggressive attitude, he wasn’t so sure that what the girls told what happened, was the real thing that happened. Something in his mind kept telling him that it wasn’t the actual story and that they’ve blamed the wrong person. He has a feeling that Minah’s actually a pretty good person. She’s just hiding herself with an aggressive mask of some sort.

 

 “Well that’s actually a not so bad idea. Let’s just see how things go,” Baekhyun replied.

 

They all settled down in their seats and glanced at Kyungsoo from time to time, making sure he’s okay and still whole.

 

Meanwhile, Minah, who’s been eavesdropping, felt extremely annoyed again. Well, it wasn’t so much eavesdropping because they were talking really loud, but she was thankful and touched that the Yixing guy told them to just wait and see. Patience is always the answer.

 

Minah knew that Kyungsoo sat beside him, but has no idea why he would do that. Although she felt kind of happy that she has an actual seatmate, she didn’t really want him there either. She would rather have no seatmate than have new students talk badly about her. New rumors would always lead to something worse.

 

When class started, Minah automatically fell asleep. History was too boring for her to bear. Most of the students were either asleep or playing with their phones. Unlike everyone else, Jimin had her eyes on Kyungsoo and Minah. She needed to make sure that the freak doesn’t flirt with her Kyungsoo, or she’ll make sure Minah would pay.

 

“Class, I’m going to assign a group task that would include making a poster about a philosopher and a 600 word write up that explains the content of the poster. I’m going to group you up based on a randomizer site… so don’t complain about your groups because that’s what the universe chose for you. And I have no control over the universes decisions,” the teacher said, trying to make a joke as everyone started to whisper among themselves.

 

“Woah, already a group project?” Luhan muttered.

 

The others who heard just nodded as they waited anxiously to see who their groups are.

 

When the document with their groups showed up on the over-head projector, some students cheered and others groaned. Upon seeing the groups, Jimin frowned at both hers and the guys’ groups. She didn’t like them at all.

Luhan, who was excited to see his group, frowned a bit upon seeing Minah’s name in his group. His group consisted of Minah, Yixing, Kyungsoo, and Baekhyun. He was happy that he could be with some of the boys, but the sight of Minah’s name gave him chills.

 

Meanwhile, Kyungsoo, Yixing, and Baekhyun seemed both okay and excited the their group. Sure, working with Minah would be a bit difficult, considering the fact that she hates them, but it’ll be fun to get to know her better. Chanyeol, Jongdae, and Junmyeon was in a group with another guy while Jimin was in a group with all girls.

 

Minah, who just woke up from her nap, groaned at the sight of her name being in the same group as the new kids. If it she was with the other students, she would just tell the teacher that she would rather work alone because of some ‘friendship’ issues. But since she’s in a group with the new kids, she can’t just tell the teacher that she got into a fight with NEW kids. That’s just…sad.

 

Next to their group names were the names of a philosopher. Minah was glad she got John Locke. His philosophical views were simple: humans are born with a blank slate, but what they experience determines if they’re good or bad. And they are born with natural rights: life, liberty, and property.

 

“Okay kids, this task will be due two weeks from now and I will give you all class periods to work on it. Do your best! And remember, quality over quantity! Now go to your own groups and discuss some ideas and brainstorm design, etc.” the teacher exclaimed.

 

Kyungsoo and Minah stayed in their seats while the other 3 dragged their chairs towards them.