1: Lots of Yummy Food

What a Maknae Needs

_______________________________________________________

*******************************************************

________________________________________________________________________

************************************************************************

 

First off, let’s be clear: Yesung was absolutely INNOCENT. He did nothing, nothing at all that might annoy or upset the maknae in any possible way.

But as soon as he set foot in the living room and saw that kid patiently waiting on the couch, it became painfully obvious Kyuhyun was up to something. Seated with his knees tight together, so conspicuously cute it can’t have been casual, Kyuhyun was doing nothing but staring strangely at his hyung. The TV wasn’t even on.

Pretending he had some kind of an urgent matter to attend to, Yesung slid over the polished wooden floor on his turtle-patterened socks as fast as he could without ripping them. Flying into the kitchen, he slammed the door behind him as if he’d been chased, and let out a deep breath.

Another unpleasant surprise came in the form of an empty fridge.

Suddenly, his mouth formed an “O” of realization. Of course – Ryewook was off visiting his parents. There was no magical little Wookie in the dorm, who would cook you delicious heavens in the middle of the night if you only told him he’s cute. Yesung couldn’t help but pant out a loud sigh, half-hoping that the frigde will somehow magically fill with food in the next 30 seconds, and that the little brat on the other side of the door would hear his sigh and give up on whatever his sick mind was planning.

Who was he kidding.

“HYUUUUNG! HYUUUUUUUUUUUUNG!!!” called a loud whine from the living room.

Ha! You think I’d come running? As if.

“HYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNG!!! YESUNGIE~”

No, Kyuhyun, you will NOT aegyo me into-!

“HYUNGHYUNGHYUNGHYUNGHYUNGHYUNG!!!”

Yesung could practically hear his pout, hear his chin pushed forward, arms crossed over his chest.

“HYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-”

“ALL RIGHT, ALL RIGHT!!!”

Making as much racket as he possibly could, Yesung marched into the living room as if to show off how furious he was. After all, he was extremely exhausted and starving after 12 straight hours of schedules and interviews and recording studios, which Kyuhyun knew very well.

Even so, there he was, the little bastard of a maknae, knees pressed together, the heels of his feet pushed out and the toes pushed inwards, eyes unblinking. Kyuhyun was sitting on the couch like a male parody of a shy teenage girl from a Korean drama, but too tall and too squishy to be considered cute.

Still, miraculously, he WAS cute. Kyu-te.

“Well, I’m here. What do you want?” Yesung recited, face betraying nothing. Despite his display of irritation a second ago, Yesung now decided he wasn’t about to give that brat the pleasure of noticing his annoyance.

Kyuhyun’s big round orbs were gleaming in that bizarre mix of slyness and innocence. It was an expression unique to him, such as Yesung had never seen on anyone else.

“Hyung, I’m hungry~!”

Ah, he’s just hungry, thought Yesung, mind somehow flipping from wanting to slap Kyuhyun to wanting to hug Kyuhyun. Maybe I’ve been too harsh on our maknae?

“Sure, Kyuhyunie~! What do you want hyung to make you?”

Two minutes later, Yesung was sourly regretting his words. Chopping the vegetables, he used thrice more strength than was necessary, so the chunks of carrot and onion flew freely from the counter and littered the floor. Only halfway through the towering list of stuff the damn kid had a sudden hankering for, Yesung was chanting to himself, as thought possessed: “I feel guilty for thinking bad about Kyu~ That’s why I’m cooking right now instead of sleeping in my warm bed~ I feel guilty~ That’s why I’m cooking for him~ I feel guilty…”

But the guilt had long faded, and Yesung was still stuck in the kitchen, cutting and frying and arranging and rummaging through the high shelves he could barely reach in search of Kyuhyun’s favourite spices. More than once, his eyes slammed closed from exhaustion, but he would instantly blink the sleep away.

“Well, Kyu, here you go!” Yesung finally exclaimed, slamming an overcrowded platter with all sorts of different side dishes and whatnot onto the little coffee table in front of Kyuhyun. With the limited ingredients he had, the result didn’t seem half-bad. Yesung even felt a tingle of pride… and instantly scolded himself for it.

“Uh-huh.” was all Kyuhyun muttered though his already full mouth. All over his food, Kyuhyun didn’t spare Yesung a single glance.

For a good few seconds, Yesung stood glued to the spot, anxiously waiting.

What the am I waiting for?! thought Yesung, willing his confusion away. Even on the best of days, Kyuhyun didn’t exactly throw compliments around. He must like my dinner, though, since he dug in like a starving child. A self-satisfied smile dancing on Yesung’s lips, he spun around on his heels, and returned to the kitchen to finally make dinner for himself. He tried to will himself to stop grinning like an idiot, but his face felt tight and cramped, stubbornly stretched into a bittersweet smile.

It wasn’t long, though, before the familiar voice called for Yesung hyung again.

“YESUNG HYUUUUUUUUNG!!! HYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNG!!!”

_______________________________________________________

*******************************************************

________________________________________________________________________

************************************************************************

Author's Note: This is kinda crappy and old, but if you like it even just a tiny bit, do drop a comment below ^.^

I'm already counting down to Yesung's return, cheering at Mamacita's succsess and praying for SS6 in Europe. :3

Updating soon!