Chocolate Kiss

Chocolate Kiss

Standing behind one of the tall lockers, Mirae poked half of her head out and peeked at her crush, who is also the captain of the basketball team. His friends, forming a small circle around him were laughing at the joke he made and Mirae felt as if his smile was the brightest of all. Her fingers tighten around the box in her hands as she let out a heavy sigh. Its Valentine’s Day today and she’d been waiting for this day to come since the beginning of the year.

Taking in a deep breath, Mirae finally have the courage to step out from the locker and was more than ready to approach him. She, after all, spent the whole night making these chocolates for him as her valentine gift. She’s not going to make it a waste.

Lee Jeongmin has the looks of a model, the voice of an angel and the appearance of an idol. Who wouldn’t fall for him? But it turns out that Mirae was not the only one having a crush for him when a group of squealing girls pushed past her towards him and she tripped over one of their shoes.

Mirae thought she was going to fall but instead, she was caught by an unintentionally pair of arms who held onto her tightly. Her eyes widen when she realized who it was; No Minwoo, one of the flower boy of the school. He’s a senior but he looks like a junior to most of the students there.

Quickly regaining herself, Mirae pulled back and straighten her back and immediately bowed. “I’m so sorry.” She was about to slip away when a hand held onto her wrist.

“Apology not accepted and is these for me?”

In a swift move, the box in her hands is now in his. Mirae stared back at him and gasped.

“No. I’m sorry but it’s not-”

“Chocolates, eh? My favorite.” Minwoo stated, shaking the box with a smile.

For the first time ever, Mirae actually thought someone besides Jeongmin, cute. But she suddenly remembered why she was here in the first place. Those chocolates, were for Jeongmin, not Minwoo.

Without thinking, Mirae blurted.  “No! Those are for Jeongmin oppa!”  Her cheeks turned crimson red as she tried to reach for it.

The smile on Minwoo’s lips dropped instantly but he got hold of himself and took a step back. Swiftly in one moment, he kept the chocolates in his backpack.

“If you want your chocolates back, try to get it. I’ll give you until school ends or else it’ll be mine.”

Minwoo turned away but not forgetting to send Mirae a smirk before walking away.

Mirae stared at the spot where Minwoo just stood 5 seconds ago and let out a groan, stomping her leg lightly incase she create a ruckus in school. Why meeeee?

 


 

Throughout class, Mirae couldn’t focus as she could only think of her box of chocolate falling into the wrong hands. She didn’t stay up the whole night making chocolates when she hates them for nothing. The week before, she overheard girls talking about how Jeongmin adores chocolate so much. If it wasn’t for him, she wouldn’t make it, despite hating those small tiny brown desserts.

She looked out the window, letting out a sigh, resting her head on her hands. Mirae puffed her cheeks; continue glancing at her watch every now and then.

At the sound of the bell, Mirae immediately stood up, running out of the class after greeting the teacher. She ran to Minwoo’s class and glanced around the class. Minwoo must have left earlier.

“Excuse me; have you seen Minwoo-shhi?” Mirae asked one of his classmates.

The girl gave Mirae a look but eventually points at the balcony where a figure is leaning his back against. Thanking her, Mirae ran her way to the balcony. As she tried to catch hold of her breath, Minwoo gave her an amused smile.

“So, you’re here for the chocolates, eh?” He said waving the box before her eyes.

Mirae nods, straightening her back and reach a hand out to take it but Minwoo kept it out of her reach. He leans down next to her ear as she lean back.

“I was just wondering. Would you change your mind and decides to give them to me?”

Mirae took a step back and shook her head.

“I- I can buy you chocolates but not this.” She looked away. “I stayed up making this…for him.”

Mirae heard a sigh from Minwoo.

“Do you like him that much?”

Mirae thought of the question hard. She didn’t know herself. Does she like him? Or was it just out of curiosity as he’s the basketball captain? Mirae didn’t know but she nods her head. “Yes.”

“Go give it to him then. He’s about to leave now.”

Minwoo held out the box to her, forcing out a smile. Mirae stared at him and was about to take it when someone knock into her from the back, pushing the box off the balcony. It landed on top of a tree.

“I’m so sorry.” The boy who pushed Mirae by accident said, running away with his friends who were just fooling around.

Mirae stared at the box hanging on a tree branch as if her heart was about to jump out any moment. What am I going to do now???

 


 

“Come back down! It’s okay!”

Mirae shouts to Minwoo who was on one of the tall tree branch, reaching his hands out for the chocolates.

“Yah! I said its okay. Please come back down!” Mirae shouted worriedly. “It’s so dangerous!”

“Just a little bit.” Minwoo muttered, stretching his hands out more. His fingers got hold of the corner of the box and he let out smile, waving the box out to Mirae. “Got it- ahhh.”

The branch he was sitting on broke off and Minwoo came falling down. Leaves and dirt were sticking out from his shirt and pants as he let out a groan.

“Oh my gosh! Are you okay???” Mirae rushed to his side, pulling his up. “Don’t ever do it again!” She unintentionally wrapped her arms around his neck tightly, letting out a cry.

“The chocolates…” Minwoo said awkwardly pointing at the box lying next to him.

Mirae let go of him and took the box. As expected, most of the chocolates are ruined. She let out a sigh, putting the box down.

“I’m sorry…”

“Here, although there’s only one, I would like you to have it.”

Mirae held out a chocolate to him but he just stared at the piece of chocolate blankly. Mirae sighed and plops the piece in .

“It’s okay if you don’t want it-” The glowing, summery colors of the sun are fading away and Minwoo’s soft lips landed on hers, before she could finish even her words.

Mirae watches as Minwoo’s eyes flutter closed, his long, chocolaty-brown eyelashes almost sweeping the bride of his nose, the sun shone brightly onto his delicate features. Mirae fingers held onto the fabric of his shirt, everything melted away while her heart beat fasten. She quickly pulled back and looked around nervously as she tried to hide her blushing cheeks when the bitterness of the chocolate started to kick in her taste buds. Minwoo was sharing the exact same look.

“It tasted… bitter.” Mirae said as a matter of fact, turning away but Minwoo held onto her shoulders, staring straight into her eyes.

 

“Nah. It tasted sweet… because I’m sharing it with you.”

Minwoo leans in, eyes fluttering close.

 

‘When you’re in love, even bitter tastes sweet.’


Okay. Thanks for reading!~
Sorry that this took long and you're uncomfortable with my English. :P

Anyways, have you guys watched BOYFRIEND's WITCH?
It's damn awesome! The song is catchy, the cheoreography is amazing and the boys are just perfect! <3 <3


If you're also a fan of BangtanBoys' Jin, do check out my angst oneshot of him. here