In Your Dreams

Somewhere Only We Know (In Your Dreams)

 

Yifan knew that he was standing outside the jjangmyeon restaurant even without opening his eyes. It has been that way for the past week; he would knock himself out with sleeping pills, he would end up dreaming that he was outside the restaurant he and Junmyeon always visited after practice, he would call for a table for two, and sit by himself waiting for Junmyeon to turn up.

 

But he never would.

 

It's been seven whole nights. What would make tonight any different?

 

He took a deep breath and walked into the shop, and nearly bumping into someone very, very familiar. "...one," he hears the male in front of him say. That voice, he would recognize it anywhere. It was that voice, that sang lullabies to him whenever it has been a bad day, that was able to sooth him before a performance, that sent tingles down his spine whenever he performed on stage. His heart ached as  he realized that thousands of people would soon hear that voice of an angel sing during their own concert, but he would never would be able to.

 

Yifan stepped up next to the male and slipped his hand into one of his, not even bothering to check whether it was him because he knew it was. He squeezed his hand gently and almost sighed out loud for the comfort it brought him in that tumultuous week. He squeezed again, tighter, harder, to assure that he, indeed, was next to him. "Make it two, please," he hastily corrected.

 

He remained motionless as the male beside him hesitantly turned and looked up at him, and he inwardly breathed a sigh of relief. It's really him. It's- "Junmyeon."

 

"Yifan?" he heard Junmyeon ask.

 

He wanted to reply, to reassure him that it's really him, but he's too busy taking in every line and curve of his perfect face. He didn't miss the dark eyebags, nor the redness and swell of his eyes, and especially not the pallor of his face. He was disgusted by himself. What have I put Junmyeon through this past week?

 

"Yifan, please. Please." He heard the plea in Junmyeon's voice.

 

He smiled weakly, "Yeah, Junmyeon, I'm back." He expected Junmyeon to hug him, kiss him, but he didnt expect Junmyeon to start punching him and ranting about the past week. With each word, he found himself hating and loathing the monster within him more. How could he leave EXO just like that? How could he abandon his son, who was only so young, so vulnerable? And how could he leave Junmyeon behind, alone and exposed?

 

He was a monster.

 

So he did the only thing he can do at this point of time.

 

He engulfed Junmyeon in a hug, placing his arm on his back, softly patting it the way he knows Junmyeon likes it. Gingerly, he wiped Junmyeon's tears away, heart falling with each tear that fell from his eyes.

 

I'm not good enough for you.

 

He burrowed his head into Junmyeon's shoulders and whispered, "I'm sorry." That's all he could say. That's all he felt.

 

Yifan watched as Junmyeon opened his mouth to shout at him and again and before he could help himself, he had his lips pressed against Junmyeon's. He waited for Junmyeon to push him away, to reject him, but it never came. Instead, Junmyeon pressed tighter against him and grabbed onto chunks of his dark blonde hair. He felt the weight in his chest lift as he tasted the familiar flavour on his lips.

 

Perhaps it isn't that impossible after all.

 

He pulled away from Junmyeon, hand still on his cheek. He watched as colour filled those cheeks, as Junmyeon breathed a bit too quickly, and how the shine in his eyes was finally back.

 

"Stay, Junmyeon," the plea slipped out without him noticing.

 

His heart fluttered as he heard Junmyeon's response.

 

"Then make me."

 

I bam neoui gyeoteuro,

Tonight, I’ll be at your side.

 

And as he watched Junmyeon fade away into the darkness, he whispered, I promise I'll never let you go, and I'll make sure I hold you closer than I ever did before, then you'd never slip away. I promise I'll come back soon.

 

I promise.

 

. . .

 

Junmyeon looked out of window, his gaze occasionally following the couples who snuggled against each other or linked arms as they hurried across under their umbrellas.

 

He had been like that once.

 

He turned his attention to watching the dark grey clouds slowly move by, then the raindrops chasing one another on the cold glass window. Junmyeon brought his finger up to touch it, then quickly taking it back. He shivered, rubbing his hands together. Perhaps it wasn't a good idea to leave the building without an umbrella though the weather forecast already said that it would rain. Swirling the remains of his strawberry milkshake, he couldn't help but imagine what Yifan would say if he were here with him.

 

"Buying another non-caffeinated drink at a coffee shop?" Yifan would smirk while passing Junmyeon his drink.

 

"Sh-shut up! You know how much I hate bitter stuff!" Junmyeon would pout while shoving Yifan slightly.

 

Yifan would laugh while patting Junmyeon on the head. He only laughs like that around Junmyeon, he had realised for quite some time. "Seriously though, why not buy something that is coffee but sweeter?"

 

"But I just don't like coffee!" Junmyeon would whine while crossing his arms.

 

"Okay, okay, have fun with your vanilla frappe," Yifan would placate him in the end, while smiling that gummy smile of his.

 

The cafe made an ideal place for dates when they didn't have practice, it was quiet, cozy and most importantly, free from work. It was always a joke to Yifan that Junmyeon never tried caffeinated drinks in coffee shops, and Junmyeon never thought that he would need to either.

 

Junmyeon carefully walked down the narrow stairs to the first storey of the cafe. Standing in front of the counter, he rubbed his arms furiously with his equally cold hands. He was about to order a cup of hot English tea when he recalled what Yifan used to say. His eyes started to sting as he handed the cashier his card and cleared his throat, "I'll have one...one hot vanilla latte." Perhaps it was time to try something new.

 

He stood at the side, blinking back tears furiously, his mind telling himself to focus on staring at the painting on the wall in front of him to stop his mind from drifting away again. Dammit, even this stupid painting brings back so many memories.

 

Junmyeon was about to reach for the mug on the counter when a hand grabbed his. It was warm, large...and was painfully familiar. He remembered the feeling of that thumb rubbing against his hand, he remembered the way that very same skin felt, he remembered it all too clearly.

 

And he remembered how it was only last night he had felt it.

 

Junmyeon held his breath, his heart hammering against his ribcage. There was only one person who could make him feel like there was an entire zoo in him, and not just butterflies. He could almost feel himself falling in love for the first time all over again. He turned around slowly, bracing himself for the skipping of twenty heartbeats because he know he would soon meet that very pair of eyes he had so easily memorized and so easily lost. That very pair of eyes, which would look back into his like a mirror, reflecting the longing and pain they had both felt the past week. It's been seven whole days. His rhythmically throbbing head amplified the sound of his blood racing in his veins.

 

He could feel it all begin again.

 

. . .

 

"My galaxy has a hundred stars, but without you, I have none."

 

"W...Why?"

 

"Because 1 + 00 = 100%."

 

And he knew then that Yifan was back.

 

FIN


Aaaaand ths story has come to an end (-:
 
This is for our subscribers <3 and all those krisho shippers out there ofc!
 
We hope you enjoy the epilogue as its somewhat happier?
 
A big hug to all those who have read the story and ignored our terrible grammar and vocabulary :D
 
We don't mnd accepting requests (if y'all even dare to put your ideas in our hands) but do give us time to write what you want as exams are coming :< (feel free to talk to us via PMs or anything :-) )
 
-CCGteehee and yuntoh (Make friends with us; we don't bite ^o^)