The Storm

Prank vs. Prank

“Guys, I need some good ideas to spice up my life with _______,” Chanyeol announced as he walked into the main room. He had been late to show up to this congregation of his own band mates, and with this shocking announcement they all looked at him as though he was a giant idiot. They all knew you well. You loved Chanyeol, probably more than your own life half the time. If anything you were possibly the most understanding girlfriend they had all seen, and many of the guys had been quite jealous of how Chanyeol had lucked out on such a fabulous girlfriend. Where in the world was he coming up with this sudden need to spice up your guys’ love life? This could have only been bad, but no one had the guts to tell Chanyeol that he was wrong about the whole situation.

Chen, being the absolute little that he always was, smirked and got up. “You know what Chanyeol, I’m the kind of guy you need in situations like this!” He pointed out as he led the tall teddy bear to the sofa and sat down with him. “The best way to bring you two together is to rattle her, give her a scare and then be there to comfort her. You should totally prank her! She’ll love it! I’ll even help you!”

“Chen…” Luhan warned with a surprisingly stern voice as he glared at the younger member of EXO-M.

“It’s okay hyung!” Chanyeol chirped with a bright smile, “Jongdae hyung wouldn’t do something like that to me!” Oh how naïve the poor boy was. Everyone just groaned as Chanyeol and Chen started to plan an elaborate cheating plan in order to prank Chanyeol’s girlfriend. This could only go wrong, and the only one who couldn’t see that was the one who needed to notice the most.

It hadn’t been the first time you had distinctly smelled perfume wafting from Chanyeol’s clothing. Not only that, but he was very distant, always texting some other girl. At least, you assumed it was another girl because the initials in the phone were ‘JD’ and he always referred to her as noona, even though you had already met his noona and you knew it wasn’t her. Although, you didn’t find this all out right away. First it started with the texting, the distance, the lack of physical contact. It hurt. It stung more so because you didn’t know why there was a sudden disconnect between the two of you, as opposed to the actual disconnect itself.

Followed that came the perfume, it was the same perfume every time. There was a musky mature scent to it that drove you nuts because you knew you couldn’t pull of such a womanly scent like that. You preferred the floral perfumes, but this seemed like it would be owned be a kept woman or a sugar mama. In other words, someone who was not you, someone older than you and that could easily take Chanyeol away from you. It started your fears about his fidelity to you. Something that you had never doubted before with Chanyeol was his fidelity, and now you had your entire relationship in question. Nights had become heart wrenching as you texted him, and slowly he took longer and longer to reply. Your desire to even go see him started to slip between your fingers because the more you saw him, the more likely he could take the chance of you being there to break up with you for this mysterious JD noona.

But at the same time, maybe you were wrong. You’d have to talk with him, and although the idea petrified you, you decided to finally get the guts to do it. It happened one day when you were cuddled up to him on the sofa watching some TV. He had just gotten to the dorm moments after you, pulling you into his lap and nuzzling your neck. But the moment his nose hit your neck you sniffed the recent puff of that stupid woman’s perfume clinging to his clothing for dear life. Grumbling and pushing him off you, you got off his lap and stood up, turning to look at him. “What’s that smell?” You asked, staring at him right into his big chocolate puppy eyes. Only to be returned with confusion. Fake confusion too because you saw his mouth twitch into a little smirk before settling into apparent stupidity. You had half a mind to smack that look right off his face and demand the truth.

“_______, jagiya, I don’t know what you’re talking about.” He said simply, not missing a beat. Had he trained to say this?! How long had he been planning on breaking up with you if he had been so ready to say that line that he was so composed? This was not your Chanyeol!

Frowning, you heaved out a sharp sigh of frustration and glared at him properly. “Who is JD noona?” you demanded. Again, he seemed to be completely confused by what you were talking about. “Chanyeol stop lying to me!” You yelled at him, glad that no one seemed to be home. But you were wrong, you were so wrong. All the guys were hiding because they had all arrived just moments ago as you started to interrogate your beloved boyfriend. Those who were on your side were listening intently to make sure you didn’t break down in front of him, maybe they could just interject and save this whole fiasco from blowing up, but Chen waltzed right into the room, saving Chanyeol from caving in and spoiling their ever so fun “surprise”.

“Chanyeol-ah, what are you two doing here?” He asked, plopping down next to his friend, acting completely oblivious to the situation.

“I don’t know hyung, _______ is just getting mad at me for no reason.” He pointed out with a chuckled and a relaxed shrug.

Angry and hurt, you headed for the front door. Tears were streaming down your face but you were too angry to notice. Following you out, the other members of EXO continued to sneakily trail after you until you started audibly sobbing, hugging yourself tightly by how hurt you felt that your boyfriend would play off your concerns so easily. Coming up behind you, Luhan gave you a big hug. Immediately you turned and returned the favour, wailing into his chest. “What did I do?” You asked through broken sobs. “I thought I was a good girlfriend to him!” Your fingers tightly gripped at his shirt as you continued to wail. “Who is she?!” you begged, pleading for someone to take your side and help you settle your concerns.

Sighing, Luhan shook his head and rubbed your back. “It’s no one _______.” He said pulling you into a big hug. “Chanyeol and Chen are pranking you, and we warned him not to do it but Chanyeol was insistent on following through with this because he figured your guys’ love life was a little too monotonous.” He explained, wiping your tears with his thumbs.

You were lost, dazed and confused by all this seemingly unreal information. “No… Chanyeol wouldn’t do something so stupid.” But you were wrong, he totally would. You always gave him more credit than he was worth though. Looking amongst the other members their facial expressions told you that Luhan was telling you the truth. Everyone seemed embarrassed for their own band member’s stupidity. The little lamb had been led astray by the big bad wolf. If anything it was like the blind leading the blind, what did Chen know about relationships? There was obviously a reason he was single.

“But no worries ______, we’ll help you get him back for this.”

A few days later Chanyeol invited you over to their place, saying that you really needed to talk… badly. You hadn’t talked to him since the fiasco when you found out about the prank, and you made sure to keep your distance so that your boyfriend would know he screwed up. Maybe he had gotten the message, but knowing him Chanyeol would attempt to finish his prank before letting you off the hook. Too bad for him, he was going to get a taste of his own horrible medicine. Arriving at the apartment you were wearing a cute black dress that you had just bought, with him in mind of course. It was nice, and it showed off quite a lot of leg without being overly tight fit or y. That kind of style was one of Chanyeol’s favourite ways for you to dress; hot, but without being overly or outright y. Walking into the dorms, when you caught eyes with Chanyeol he froze and bit his lip staring at you. Yeah, you definitely had his attention. The apartment seemed empty, but you knew all of EXO was likely hiding somewhere waiting for the storm to blow over. “Let’s talk…” you said as you approached him in the living room.

He nodded and sat down, “babe, try not to get mad… but I’ve really ed up.” He said, putting his head into his hands, trying to contain his own smile. You could see his cheeks poking out either side of his hands, what a ! Frowning you watched him through pursed lips and furrowed brows. “I… I had an affair…” before he could even finish his sentence, you decided to cut him off.

“You what!?” You screeched, throwing him completely off guard as he looked up in shock. Working up a set of impressive water works, you smacked him hard on the arms and chest a few times. “You ! How could you?! After all I’ve ever done for you!” You sobbed and ran into his room quickly, shutting the door behind you and leaving him alone in the living room. You opened the window and shot a thumbs-up signal to Luhan. Immediately you hid under Chanyeol’s bed completely. Grinning to yourself, you heard his feet running after you and entering the room in a panic.

Cussing after himself, Chanyeol had realized that this trick might not have been good after all. Running to the open window, Chanyeol screamed in horror. “Jongdae!” He yelled, his voice breaking as did his heart. Outside in between two cars were a pair of feminine legs in a black dress, face down and most likely dead on the street. As fast as he could the giant ran down the stairs, giving you the time to look at Luhan sprawled out on the floor in a wig, and matching dress, pretending to be you. That was the greatest idea EXO had ever given you in your entire lives. Grinning, you went and slid on your shoes, following Chanyeol down the stairs.

At the bottom, your boyfriend was given the surprise that his beautiful girlfriend had not killed herself over his lame joke. Crying, he sat down on the sidewalk, regretting what he did. Smiling softly, you walked over to him and gave him a hug. “They told me the day I asked you who JD noona was…” you admitted as you wiped his tears. He crushed you into a hug, repeatedly saying sorry and promising he’d never pull a stunt like this again. Was this cruel? Yes. Was it worth it? Oh most definitely. Your big baby had learned his most important lesson yet. Never to with his girlfriend, because his friends obviously liked her more than they liked him.