Receiving the Letter

틱턱 (Tik Tok)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sorry for the late chapter. I’ll start writing Tik Tok again.  This chapter is pretty long so enjoy and comment! Now we’ve moved to September, things will get serious now and there’s a long description here.

---

 

08.

 

2009년9월

 

Jaebeom and Junsu continued to ignore each other’s presence after that night. Nichkhun and Chansung had no idea what had started this but now they had become wary of how the two carried on as if nothing had happened. How was Junsu able to act like nothing had happened after wanting to punch their leader in so much anger? Junsu was a big softie, it just puzzled them. Even when they tried to talk to them separately, it was as if they had both rehearsed what to say.

 

“It’s nothing” or “We had a misunderstanding.” The “misunderstanding” that would  never be talked about any further. It was all Nichkhun and Chansung could get out of the two who would respond with a fake expression that the members could see right through. Together, they wouldn’t speak or look at each other, only to the two. One time, Junsu excused himself and Jaebeom gave him a deathly glare.

 

Between the two, Junsu always made sure he stayed far away and although it was not quite noticeable to the fans, it was becoming obvious to the members and staff who expressed their concern and believed his reason for it be fatigue or forgetfulness.

 

But now that Nichkhun and Chansung had enough, they decided upon doing something else. They had told all the members beforehand that on September 4th, they were all going out and they were going to pay. Unaware of the situation, even Junsu and Jaebeom agreed to it.  So it was a plan in motion.

 

But no-one could predict the future and what was about to befall 2PM. Netizens had managed to bring to light an old Myspace conversation between Jaebeom and an American friend of his.

 

“Korea is gay.” That one sentence he had said years ago had now angered the public and left many in confusion over the meaning. Even though representatives of JYP tried to explain it, it still left the public in a rage. A suicide petition was created even after Jaebeom had apologised. It left the company in shock, the 2PM members had no clue what to do or the next move so they laid low in the days that followed.

 

Any hatred towards Junsu was non-existent now as Jaebeom had locked himself up in his room now wanting to face anyone in case they would judge him or worse. Leaving meant going out into the world and being judged. He didn’t think anyone would understand what it was like back then when he was only 18, not even s. It was a mistake, couldn’t the netizens understand that? No, they weren’t the ones alone in a foreign country with none to little language skills. They weren’t the ones treated as an outcast by some of their peers. No, they wouldn’t understand at all.

 

The more he thought about this, the more Jaebeom started to feel bad for this actions. And closed off talking to anyone except maybe Nichkhun. The only time he would face people was to go to the bathroom or eat but even that was rare. So he decided upon calling JYP before the performance at the Incheon Korea Music Wave Festival. His emotions were all over the place when he called his hyung and Jinyoung could tell. He poured his anger and tears to JYP and anything extra he felt to say. Jinyoung decided it was best for him to take a short leave, see his family and relax for a while. If he stayed in Korea, his mentality would have gone unstable.

 

September 8th saw Jaebeom departing from Incheon Airport with hundreds of fans telling him not to go.

 

It seemed like everyone in JYP Entertainment was aware of Jaebeom’s situation…all except YURA, that is. Out of the country for a few days and they didn’t even receive a phonecall from anyone in JYP. This is why they felt like outcasts sometimes. Same company, same group of friends yet a lack of communication passed to them.

 

Nyoko was annoyed but she understood why Junsu didn’t contact her. They had too much on their hands with netizens and their fans, all their electronics were probably confiscated to find out the source of who brought it up to the media because it could be anyone. Still, they passed each other at a music show before the 8th. Why didn’t he say something then?

 

Excluding Junsu, Jaebeom and Taecyeon were the only 2PM members to really talk to YURA but if Nyoko didn’t hear the news from her best friends let alone her boyfriend then she and YURA knew where they stood now.

 

From then on, the girls distanced themselves from JYP Entertainment

Please log in to read the full chapter