two.

Oblivion
   two; ANEW  

 I rather bend than break.

 

“Jihae!” A voice calls for her from behind.

She turns her head around to see Luhan waving almost frantically at her. Jihae snickers lightly and walk towards him with her food tray in her hands. Taking the seat opposite of him, she grabs her fork and is about to stuff a piece of lettuce into when he gets a hold of her wrist.

“Wait!” Luhan says in a loud whisper. “I’ve got something to tell you.”

“Then just spit it out,” she rolls her eyes, already foreshadowing that he’ll probably bother her with another of his trivial dilemmas.

“Who do you think I should go out on a date with? Bora or Hyora?” Luhan speaks with his lips twisted to his right, a finger underneath his jaw and his eyes rolled up in thought

“Hmm do I look like I care?” Jihae tries to sound as mean as possible but Luhan interprets it another way.

“Aww I knew I could always count on you sis!” He says.

Jihae sighs, “Just go out with neither. And remind me again why I’m even seating beside you? Where are all your ‘bros’ ?”

“They all have classes now so I decided I could spend a little more quality time with my lonely little sister!” Luhan smirks.

drops agape as she rebuts, “Hey! I’m not lonely okay! And I like being alone, I feel more—” secured is what she wants to say but the truth is far from that. In fact there were times where she wished she has a soul mate or at least just a true friend.

“Go make some friends will ya?”

“I have plenty.” Jihae snaps. “I can name all of them if you want.”

“Do it then.”

“Miyoung, Mihyun, Miyoon—”

“They’re all just the same person aren’t they?” Luhan raises his brow.

“Yea” Jihae sighs, knowing she can’t fool her brother. My life is pathetic. She thinks.

“Then why aren’t you hanging out with her?”

“Because she only wants to get closer to you.” Like they all do. Jihae says inwardly.

“Is she cute?”

“Luhan!” She hates it when her brother is so insensitive.

“Okay okay, look just go get a life okay.” Luhan says it like it's the most valuable advice someone can ever give.

“Gee, thanks a lot.” Jihae forces a smile that is a little too wide and finally starts on her food. She munches on them as her eyes scan around the cafeteria randomly as she sees cliques of people crowding around their respective tables, all of them happily chatting with smiles on their faces.

The self-pity sets in again as she compares herself with them. She, a girl that just came back from Beijing with nothing. Nothing except for doting foster parents, an annoying but caring brother and a decent roof above her head. She should be thankful. Thankful for being left on the doorstep, thankful for being accepted into the Lu family. Thankful for being alive.

But all she can think of are the things that are lacking from her life. Real parental love, true friends or even a genuine smile.

And that is when something catches her eye. Or perhaps someone.

She squints and notices a boy at the corner of the cafeteria looking at her. Correction, he is staring at her. He doesn’t even turn away when their eyes meet.  

“I didn’t know this school had weirdos.” Jihae comments.

“Only after you joined.” Luhan jokes.

“That’s not my point.” She says in an annoyed tone. “Someone is staring at me.”

“Who?” Luhan asks.

“Him.” Jihae points in the direction of that mysterious boy, only to find herself pointing at no one. “Funny, he was just there a moment ago.” She scratches her head in confusion.

“You must be seeing things,” Luhan laughs.

“I did see someone! I’m sure of it!” Jihae argues. Strange. She thinks to herself as the mental image of the boy keeps flashing in her mind.

“I think you’re just desperate for boys to notice you.” Luhan points out.

Jihae doesn’t utter a word but just shakes her head as if to express the words I’m done with you. She gets up from her seat and returns her tray at the tray return area before heading over to Chemistry class.

 

The bell rings, signalling the end of yet another boring lesson of history class. But for Baekhyun, its worse than that, it's the start of chemistry. The start of yet another hour of inner turmoil that he can never escape.

He tries not to make any sound as he pulls his chair backwards from the table. Swiftly sliding onto the chair, he can’t help but steal a quick glance over at her. Jihae is still as beautiful as ever. Seating beside an empty seat with her eyes fixated on the window.

A comfort smile forms on Baekhyun’s lips as the same thought pushes its way into his mind just like how it did the first time he saw her. I wonder what’s on her mind. He thinks. But the smile disappears just as quickly as how it arrives as he thinks about the price of getting to know her. About how a simple thought escalated to a deadly game of life and death. And heartache.

His eyes then fall onto the empty seat beside Jihae and dangerous thoughts once again flood his mind. Desires of wanting to sit next to her, to be close to her, to feel her warmth all start to show through his fluctuating heartbeat.

Baekhyun holds on to his table leg, squeezing it tightly as if to warn himself to stay put. To not do something rash that will make him regret. He has already come so far, and nothing is going to ruin it.

It’s already five minutes past the start of class, and for some reason Mr Kim is late. Baekhyun realises that when Sooyeon sneaks out of her chair and heads toward his direction. He already foresees what is going to happen through her train of thoughts. He groans mentally but doesn’t show any signs of annoyance as she approaches him.

“Oppa!” She adopts a squeaky nasal voice that she assumes is cute but rather Baekhyun cringes even more on the inside after she speaks. “Are you free after school later?”

“No.” Baekhyun rejects without a second thought. “I have plans.” He tries to sound as convincing as possible.

“What plans?” Sooyeon asks further.

“It’s none of your business.” He snaps, regretting almost immediately.

The expression on Sooyeon’s face turns sour instantaneously. She creases her eyebrows and says, “Why are you so mean today oppa?”

Indeed, the Baekhyun from a year ago would never have said something so rude to another girl. But all Baekhyun can think of is the sufferings Jihae went through because of her. But then again, it was because of him that made Jihae the target.

“I’m sorry Sooyeon, I’m just a little tired today.” He quickly tries to redeem himself. “How about another day?” He flashes a sweet smile at her, effectively melting her heart.

“Oppa you’re such a cutie! Okie dokie then! Don’t miss me too much!” Sooyeon says before hoping back to her seat.

Baekhyun has to seal his mouth to prevent himself from vomiting. Disgusting. He thinks to himself. He tries to forget about it because he knows in a few moments time he’ll have something much more to take care off.

The door opens once again and the teacher, Mr Kim strides in. But before it can close shut, someone else enters. The boy has messy unkempt hair and obviously doesn't look like he is from around here. He take small quick steps into the classroom, eyes sparkling as he glances around the room.

“Class, let us welcome another new student.” Mr Kim begins, his voice startling Jihae as she quickly turns her head around to face the teacher. But someone else catches her eye.

It’s him. She thinks and looks at him for a prolonged period of time for the conformation to set in. And as if on cue, he turns his head to face her, eyes locked on hers. And just as Jihae is about to turn away, she sees his lips moving.

With a slight smile, he mouths the words ‘Hi Jihae’.

I lied about updating once a week I'm so sorry >.< School has been eating me up so I could only update during school break(which is ending alr omo). BUT ASDFGHJKL Kai's pathcode teaser *O*

Kai_1426692065_kai3.jpg

I'm so so excited for exo's comeback!! hope they release Baekhyun's teaser tmr keke. My favourite song is hands down playboy(for now) go listen to it if you haven't! And back to the story. hmmm what do we have here? lol I bet everyone can alr guess who that person is (my fail foreshadowing)

POSTED ON 19/3/15