Final

I'm Not Leaving

Screaming.

 

That’s all that was heard as Krystal ran through the crowd of people littering the streets. A few bodies here and there, blood stains on the concrete ground, fires erupting from nearby buildings, fighter jets flying above the civilian’s heads as they ran for shelter, and yet none of that bothered Krystal.

 

The girl stopped and turned her head wildly in search of someone.

 

Amber Liu.

 

Krystal’s bandmate and secret lover. Well, not so much a secret anymore, since they saw no point in hiding their relationship from the public. With everything happening around them, they figured nobody would care enough to criticize them about their relationship.

 

But Krystal had lost Amber in the sea of panicking people. She lost the only person who was sane. The only person that thought logically after what happened to Taeyeon and Tiffany unni. The only person who was there for her after her sister disappeared into the night to go after a whacked up Yuri. And the only person she loved.

 

But she wasn’t going to give up. Not even if she died along with the rest of South Korea.

 

“Amber!!! AMBER!! WHERE ARE YOU?!?”

 

Krystal broke away from the crowd and ran down the almost empty streets, shouting for her girlfriend.

 

“AMB-- Oh no. Please, please no.”

 

A lifeless body lay in the streets. Normally Krystal would over look the body and continue on her way, but this body was just too familiar to her, and that scared her. The clothes and features of the body were still too far away for Krystal to make out, but she saw the small movements the body made before it rolled onto it’s side facing Krystal.

 

Krystal froze as she looked at the face before sprinting over to where the body lay.

 

“Amber?! Can you hear me?!” She shouted, looking over the older girl’s body only to see a bullet wound on the back of her calf. It didn’t look horribly bad, but her attention was quickly diverted back to Amber’s face, which was scrunched up in pain. It was only then did Krystal see the two bullet wounds on the dying girl’s back.

 

“K...rystal… You g-gotta get ou-out of h-here.” Amber stuttered and gasped for breath every so often. Despite how much pain she was in, she forced her eyes open to stare into Krystal’s tear-filled ones. “T-they’re...hidi-ing som-ewhere.” She anxiously glanced around them with the little strength she had left. She made a vow to protect her princess no matter what. But yet, here she was, laying in her own pool of blood. Dying in her girlfriends arms, while the entire country was in chaos.

 

“I’m not leaving you here. I’d rather die with you than go on living without you for the rest of my life!” Krystal sobbed and hugged Amber as tightly as she could without bringing too much pain to the tomboy. “We live together. We die together. I’m not going anywhere without you, Am.”

 

Amber’s always had sensitive hearing, which only intensified with the pounding in her head. She heard the approaching footsteps over Krystal’s sobs. They were too heavy to be a woman’s, and the material sounded rough against the ground when they stepped. The steps fell into a very militarized rhythm, which only lead to one thing. A soldier. And not a South Korean one to it at that. They would’ve said something to Krystal as they approached. No, this was a North Korean soldier.

 

Amber frantically began pushing Krystal away from her once she heard the footsteps. “Soojung...Please. You have to leave. Now!” Her words were barely above a whisper, but it was the best she could do without stuttering while pushing the stronger girl away from her.

 

Krystal knew Amber was being serious with her, as the latter only really called her by her korean name when she was serious. But she refused, for she knew what was to come. She didn’t hear the approaching footsteps, but the tingling in her bones gave her enough of a warning of what was about to happen.

 

Amber heard the multiple cockings of the gun and she used her remaining strength to look past Krystal and at the guns that were pointed right at them.

 

“Krystal…” Amber sighed. She knew the younger was too stubborn to leave her, but she had to try. “I love you.”

 

Krystal was shocked momentarily since she was expecting another plea from Amber for her to get away while she could. But a smile soon graced her face when she realized Amber had given up on trying to push her away. That probably wasn’t a good thing, but she just didn’t care right now.

 

Amber on the other hand was breathing heavily, her eyes drooping before forcing them to stay open so that she could stare into her lover’s eyes. Her body was getting weaker by the second and the world around her was fading faster and faster. Her heart was beating rapidly in her chest and made her vision go blurry.

 

“I love you too Amber.” Krystal whispered before connecting their lips together.

 

Everything that was happening seemed to calm down once their lips touched. Krystal pulled back and stared at the now peaceful face of her lover before everything went black.