Rendezvous

KrisHo in my delulu world

 

Yifan fixed the collar of his trench coat. It has been chilly in Beijing but the weather did not deter him from standing a kilometer away from the Korean Music Wave venue. He listened to song after song, hiding in between trees.

And then he heard familiar songs. His feet tapped the concrete while his fingers tapped his thighs. His smile curled upward.
Before the concert was done, he fled the scene. He had calculated everything but he needed to be quick. He only had limited time before his loved one’s scheduled flight. He walked faster to the hotel where his former group members were staying. He hoped luck would be on his side.

When he stepped inside the hotel, a staff recognized him and inserted a hotel key to his hand while they passed each other. He chuckled inwardly. He knew he could always rely on Luhan. His friend might lay low but Luhan’s network was no joke, especially in Beijing.

Yifan entered the room and stayed there for half an hour before he heard a key being inserted. He knew who would come in but he still hid behind the curtain, just in case.

He waited for a few seconds before he took a peek. Standing in the middle of the room was the love of his life. He stayed still. He just wanted to make sure that no others would come in.

“Kris?” Suho’s voice was heard.

Yifan stepped out. Hearing his stage name being called out by Suho felt like a stab in his heart.

“Hey…”

But before Yifan managed to do anything, Suho already launched himself into his arms. He was startled when his boyfriend sobbed silently in his chest and soon his T-shirt was wet by the tears. He waited until Suho calmed down while his hand rubbed the petit guy’s back to comfort him.

“What is it?” he softly asked Suho. He lifted the other’s chin to meet his eyes.

“I’m a bad leader, aren’t I? I lost two members in five months. I don’t work hard enough for EXO,” Suho said while sobbing.

Yifan said nothing. He just tightened his arms around the smaller male. His eyes were teary but he should not shed tears. He was the one who gave a heavy burden to Suho. For many, he triggered the whole scandals that tainted SM’s reputation – including Luhan’s exit from the group.

“It’s not your fault. People see you’ve tried very hard to keep EXO as a group. It’s me who is at fault. Please, don’t cry… You have to be strong Joonmyeon,” he said, referring to Suho’s real name. His favorite name.

“I hate you for leaving… I hate you,” Suho said in between his sobs.

Yifan was deadpanned. He could not blame Suho. He left at a bad timing. He sued SM a week before Suho’s birthday, before EXO’s first concert and some fans called him a traitor.

“I’m sorry… I truly am. You have every right to hate me,” Yifan said. He was anticipating if Suho would smack him or punch him but the petit guy just tightened his grip around his waist.

“Luhan said he was sorry too. He was much better now,” Yifan said again.

Suho looked at him while wiping away his tears. “It’s good to hear that.”

They both stared at each other.

“You’re getting chubbier,” Yifan said. He could not help pinching Suho’s cheeks and his boyfriend squealed.

They both laughed.

It felt so good.

It was like the old time when they were still together, living under the same roof, sneaking into each other’s bedroom or going to the dorm’s rooftop to see the moon and the stars.

Yifan leaned closer to capture Suho’s pouty lips. Their kiss was getting more passionate until suddenly Suho slightly pushed Yifan away.

“Why didn’t you come to Shanghai? I was waiting for you,” he said with a harsh tone, a signal that he was upset.

“I can’t. It’s too risky. People would see me on the plane or the airport or the hotel. I can move much freer here,” Yifan argued.

Suho pouted again.

Yifan sighed.

It was his weakness and he knew Suho did it on purpose. But he just followed the game.

“I’m sorry…. Please forgive me,” Yifan whispered and then playfully bit Suho’s ears.

His boyfriend giggled.

“It tickled,” Suho protested while smacking Yifan’s arms. “You have to eat more, you’re getting skinnier.”

“No, I'm not. I’m okay.”

Yifan grinned when Suho starred at him. “You’re going to be busy with your next movie soon,” the smaller male said.

Yifan nodded. “Yes.”

“Take care.”

“I will. And you too. Don’t let the boys get on your nerves. Don’t forget to eat because you look so cute with your chubby cheeks.”

Suho smacked Yifan’s arms but with a wide smile on his face. “I… I have to pack. My flight will be in a few hours.”

“I know. Need help?”

Suho just nodded and Yifan began to help his boyfriend packing. It was actually a thing they could do in just five minutes because Suho just stayed in Beijing for two days. But they took it slow because they wanted to remember those days when they did things together, when they stayed in the same bedroom in the name of “leadership’s bond” although they believed their members knew they did naughty things behind closed door.

They smiled when they accidentally touched each other.

Yifan could not help to ruffle Suho’s hair and pat his head while Suho kept poking Yifan’s side. Then they laughed again.

They were startled when Xiumin suddenly burst in. “Duizhang…” he greeted Yifan.

They hugged each other. And Yifan pulled a white envelope from his coat’s pocket and handed it over to Xiumin.

“It’s from Luhan,” he said.

Xiumin smiled but his hand trembled when holding the letter. He put it inside his jacket. “I’ll read it later on the plane,” he said with a low voice. “We’ll sit next to each other, okay?”

Suho nodded.

“We have to go Suho, everyone was waiting at the lobby.”

Xiumin gave Yifan a quick hug. “Take care, duizhang. And please tell Luhan to take care of himself.”

Yifan nodded. “I will.”

Suho stared at Yifan. His eyes were full with mixed emotions. He wanted to hate his boyfriend for abandoning their group but he could not. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” Yifan replied before capturing those lips again. “I don’t know when I can see you again but till then, take care.”