Jessica

It's so Hard to Say Goodbye

Jessica

 

My eyes wandered around the hall looking for that certain woman. She was just standing across me the last time I saw her and now she’s gone.

 

“Hey honey. What’s the problem?” My “boyfriend” Tyler asked me when he noticed I was being fidgety.

I smiled at him while shaking my head “It’s nothing I was just looking for my members.”

“Okay then.” he smiled while he drinks the wine in his hand. Good thing one of his friends came over to us and started chatting with him. Great this is my chance to get away from him.

“Ty.. I’ll just talk to my members first okay?” I said before leaving him. He was so busy talking to his friend that he just nodded.

 

--

 

“Yoong have you seen Yuri?” I asked Yoona when I saw her walking to the buffet table. This choding never really changed.

“Unnie! aish! You startled me!” she pretended to clutch her heart tightly! Aigoo such a kid.”Have you eaten already?” she asked

“Later but have you seen your unnie?”

“I think I saw her with Taeyeon unnie earlier. They went outside I think?”

“Really? Awww thanks Yoong.” I patted her shoulder before leaving her.

I was about to go outside when my eyes suddenly caught the sight of her. Of the woman I was looking for. She was giggling while holding a glass of wine in her hands. My heart suddenly clenched when I noticed how close she was to the guy she’s talking to. What are they even doing here? Are they really invited? I shrugged the feeling off and went to them.

“Hi guys!” I greeted them and Yuri immediately tensed up. What is wrong with you Yul?

“Hello Jessica noona.” Luhan greeted me while bowing down slightly.

“Hey Luhan? Where’s your other members?” I asked as I mentally scrutinized him. 

 

“Luhannie! Come on inside first! CEO wants to talk with us.” Baekhyun suddenly shouted making the younger guy leave. Finally! 

 

When Luhan left the atmosphere between us two suddenly became awkward. Yuri was just sipping her wine while I was stealing glances at her. She looks beautiful even with the light make-up she has now. But her eyes were quite puffy and red. Did she cry? 

 

“So watcha think about this party?” I asked while looking at her

She just nodded “It’s okay?”

“You aren’t havin fun?” she chuckled while taking a sip on her drink “Don’t get too drunk Yuri.” I said with slight concern in my voice. I don't want to sound too desperate.

“I am just having fun Jessica.” she spat “I’ll drink what I want and get drunk if I want too. What is it to you?” she said the last part more of whisper. I was taken aback by Yuri’s attitude but I didn’t say anything. 

“Stop acting like you care.” she said and I looked at her hurt really evident in my eyes

"Yul."

 

“Honey?” we both turned and saw Tyler walking towards us. Great timing Ty! Yuri scoffed and shook her head. “I’ve been looking for you where have you been?” He asked as he kissed my head. I looked at her and she just frowned taking a sip again on the wine glass. 

“Hey Yuri!” Tyler greeted her nicely. I know that she's feeling uncomfortable now and I can't help but feel really guilty. I really want to hug her right now and tell her what I really feel but all I could do was look at her sadly. She just smiled half-heartedly at me. 

“I’ll refill my glass. See you guys around.” she said sounding as nice as possible but I know better. “You lovebirds enjoy here.” 

 

I sighed to myself.  It is my fault. I did hurt you.. I broke you and I am sorry Yuri.

 

--

 

Flashback

 

“Jessica honey can we please talk?” her mother asked when she knocked on Jessica’s door. Her mom went in and sat on the corner side of her bed.

“What is it mom?” Jessica asked as she removes her make-up

“About your relationship with Yuri.” Jessica stopped what she was doing and looked at her mother

“Mom?”

“I know Yuri’s a lovely girl honey.” Jessica’s mom held her hands tightly “but this won’t do for you two Jessica.”

Jessica looked at her mom with a confused look. “Mom what are you talking about? Me and Yuri are just fine.” She chuckled

“One of the company staffs went here earlier and told me some stuffs.” Jessica’s mom sighed “They asked me if I could talk to you about your relationship with Yuri.”

“Mom I already told the CEO about this!” Jessica frustratingly said

“Honey listen to me first.” She squeezed her daughter’s shoulder and looked straight at her

“They gave me this.”

 

And there she handed Jessica a small envelope containing photos of her and Yuri being so intimate. They looked really happy and inlove.

 

“They said that they had to pay the reporters a big price so they wouldn’t publish this.” her mom sighed “Do you know what happened to that one artist who came out to be gay.”

Jessica started tearing up as her mom held her close to her, She told her about that incident where a certain Korean artist came out to the public.

“They send him out of Korea. Everybody hated him. I can’t bare you getting so much hate like that honey. And Yuri too.. I know she’s really a nice girl but.. your relationship wouldn’t work in here.”

Jessica sobbed in her mother’s embrace. “But mom.. I…I love…Yuri.”

“It’ll be easier to let go now..”

 

Just then Jessica’s phone ring and it displayed their CEO’s name. She wiped all her tears and answered the phone.

 

“Neh.” She answered as she looked at her mother. “I’ll come tomorrow… Yes.”

 

Jessica turned the phone off and embraced her mother again crying her heart out.

 

“I’m sorry honey..“

 

--

 

“I know it’ll be hard Jessica but you have a brighter future ahead of you.” Mr. Kim their CEO said as he finished discussing “Jessica and Yuri’s issue”. “I hope you explain this to Yuri really well.”

“Yes Mr. Kim.” She said as she wipes the tears from her eyes

“I’m sorry but we can’t let you two ruin your careers and your members Jessica.” She just nodded “You’ll probably have to disband if this news broke out to the public.” He sighed

“I know Mr. Kim.. I… I’ll explain this to Yuri.”

“That’s my girl now you can go.” He smiled while turning his back on her

 

I’m Sorry Yuri.

 

--

 

I clutched my heart tightly as I remembered how I broke the woman I loved so much. I  was restraining myself from crying, years may pass but my feelings still hasn’t change. Oh Yuri how much I was sorry for what I did.

 

“Honey are you okay?” Tyler asked me when he noticed that I was being weird again

“Uhh yeah? I’m just really happy that’s all.” I looked at him and smiled. He pulled me closer and kissed my forehead. Yuri used to do that to me. I thought.

 

--

 

Happy 7th anniversary SONYUH SHIDAE!

 

And there the confetti’s started throwing and loud cheers were hooted from the crowd.

 

SONYUH SHIDAE JJANG! More years to come for GIRLS GENERATION!

SNSD WOOOOOT!

SNSD NOW! SNSD TOMORROW! SNSD FOREVER!

 

Random cheers and shouting were heard as we the 9 girls were being crowded in the middle. I was positioned to sit infront of Yuri and I can't help but stare at her sadly. 

 

I guess I lost you already when I left you Yuri. I was so stupid but what could I do? I know you’ll find someone who’ll love you just like I did or maybe even better. I know you’ll be happy Yul even without me.

I’m sorry that we have to suffer like this. I really am.

 

And that’s when I noticed that tears were starting to fall off from my eyes and you caught me.

 

But what made me cry harder was you didn’t even budge and pretended like I wasn’t there.

 

It hurts Yul.

It freakin hurts.

 

**

 

End 

 

There we have Jessica's POV

nuff.