Yuri

It's so Hard to Say Goodbye

YURI

 

I stared at the figure standing across me. She was laughing and her eyes are twinkling as she listens to whatever that guy is telling her. I laughed bitterly. I used to be the reason of those smiles. 

 

Why am I so pathetic?

 

I shouldn't be feeling this way. She left you a long time ago Yuri. WHY THE DO YOU STILL CARE?

 

 

flashback 

 

"Seobang-ah!" Jessica cooed to Yuri who was busy talking to their manager. Jessica insisted that Yuri should stay the whole day with her for she missed the younger girl 'coz of their busy schedules and Yuri being the whipped girlfriend she is agreed.

"Sica-baby you know that manager oppa will be nagging at me again with the sudden change of my schedules."

"But I wanna spend my time with you seobang." She pouted which makes Yuri's heart flutter. Even though Jessica could be demanding at times Yuri still loves her for it.

"Fine." She said as the two cuddled up once more on Jessica's king size bed.

 

--

 

"Yuri. Yuri! Psst. Kwon Yuri." Jessica was annoying Yuri since the two of them got home from their date at the amusement park.

"Hmmm?" Yuri looked up at her lover "What is it?"

"Nothing." Sica smiled as she looked lovingly at Yuri "I Love You."

Yuri grinned while pulling Jessica closer to her "Nado."

"Yah! Say it properly!" The older girl glared while pinching her girlfriends side "You want death Kwon?"

"Arasso! I Love you too my princess." She said as she kissed Jessica's lips. The older girl smiled as she wrapped her arms around Yuri's neck.

"I Love you so much Yuri."

"Me too Sica. I Love you so much."

 

End of flashback

 

--

 

Yuri was poked on the shoulders by Taeyeon. She didn't notice that she was staring at Jessica and her boyfriend for a long time already.

 

"You okay buddy?" Taeyeon asked as she looked at what Yuri's been staring at. She scratched her neck then patted her friends shoulder "Yul. It's been a year already."

Yuri chuckled bitterly "I know Taeng but I can't help it. It still hurts." Yuri said as she tried all her best to prevent her tears from falling off.

"Yul.. Let's get out of here first." Taeyeon suggested and dragged Yuri away from the place. It was a thanksgiving party of Girl's Generation for their 7th anniversary and of course some expected visitors were present there.

 

The two went to the rooftop and just relaxed for a while. The view up there was breathtakingly beautiful.

 

"I know how it feels Yul." Taeyeon started as she looked at her friend who was starting to tear up.

"It Tae. This feelings ! Why can't I just forget her? Why do I have to suffer like this while she just stands there looking so damn happy with that jerk?!" Yuri can't help her tears fall off. It was too much for her. She's being miserable while Jessica looks just fine as she is. But who can blame Jessica it's been a year already maybe she already had moved on. 

"How'd you do it Tae? How did you cope when Fany revealed that she's dating the brow guy?" Taeyeon chuckled recalling how they used to give silly nicknames to those guys being linked to their friends.

"I guess that I just needed to accept the truth.. That I wasn't the one she needs.. That I am not enough.. I can't and will never be enough Yul.." Taeyeon said with sadness in her voice "I want her to be happy and I know she can't be really happy with all the people judging us. I love her so much Yul but I just can't."

 

Yuri looked at her friend and pulled her into a hug. They're almost in the same situation except that Taeyeon is much better now and had willingly accepted the truth that she can't be with the woman she loved so much in her life.

 

--

 

Flashback 

 

"I'm sorry Yuri but we need to stop this." Jessica said she tried her best not to crack her voice

"What are you saying Sica? I can't understand you?" Yuri said as she held Jessica's hands in hers but the older girl swatted it away.

"I can't see you anymore. We.. We need to stop this relationship Yuri!" And tears started falling freely from her eyes

"Si..sica? Did I do anything wrong? If it's what you're seeing in the news then it's not true! I swear I'm not cheating on you! I only love you Sica!" Yuri said pleadingly as she tried to hold Jessica close to her "I love you so much Jessica! Please don't do this."

"I'm sorry Yul but I can't.. We can't! This just wouldn't work for us." She tried to pull away from Yuri's grip but the younger girl was stronger

"No! Jessica! If it's about what people are saying then screw them! What they say don't mind!" Yuri cried

"It's not that simple Yuri! Don't you see! We're not just the one who'll get affected! What about our members! Our family Yuri! Everything that we worked hard for will be put into waste! Can't you see that!" Jessica spatted and Yuri just couldn't stop crying. "I'm sorry Yul but we can't be that selfish. I can't do this to them."

"But I Love You Sica."

"I'm sorry Yul."

 

Yuri just stood there frozen, crying, feeling nothing but the pain in her heart as Jessica turned her back on her and leaves the door.

 

"Why can't you be selfish just this once Jessica? Why!"

 

--

 

"You deserve to be happy Yul." Taeyeon said as she got up "Memories will always be memories but you can put it all in the past now. Look forward to your future." Yuri nodded as she herself got up too. "I'll join them down. You join us too if you like."

"Maybe someone wants you back down there?" Yuri didn't forget to tease

"Silly."

 

Yuri walked towards the railings and sighed.

 

Jessica Jung Sooyeon! I Love you! 

But....... 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I accept my defeat now.. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I hope you'll always be happy with him.

 

Maybe in another world Jessica. 

Maybe if I meet you in another life I would be strong enough to fight for you. No I would do my best to be with you. 

I promise Sica that in another world maybe in another life the two of us wouldn't have to suffer like this.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

I Love You Jessica Jung Sooyeon.

 

Please be happy always. 

 

** 

end