Chapter 1

Going Unnoticed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"Hey Taeyeon?"

 

 


"Yes, Sica?"

 

 


"I hope you don't mind me asking, but....what kind of girls do you like?"

 

 


"Why do you ask?"

 

 


"I'm just curious...that's all."

 

 


"Do you want to know everything that I look for in a girl?"

 

 


"Well...if it's not too much trouble..."

 

 


"Oh okay then...first...ummm...they have to have a nice smile."

 

 


*****

 

 

Jessica eyes them from across the stage, her brow twitching in anger. She can hear the fans chanting: Taeny! Taeny! Taeny!

 

 


Nice smile? Now she knows who Taeyeon likes, it's so obvious.

 

 


Tiffany with her perfect, white teeth, and eyes that curve into crescents. Her smile is perfect!

 

 


She sees Taeyeon wrap her arm around Tiffany's shoulder, pumping her fist along with the fans. Oh my god, she's a Taeny shipper!

 

 


Jessica groans, watching them longingly, wishing she could be the one with Taeyeon's strong, protective arm over her shoulder, shielding her from all the angry anti-Taengsic shippers.

 

 


The entire group knows Taeyeon is gay. Jessica is gay too, they just don't know that yet. She has to confirm that Taeyeon likes her first.

 

 


But she's losing all hope because Taeyeon is never with her, it's always Tiffany. Stupid perfect, eye-smiling Tiffany.

 

 


Later that day, when they get back home, Jessica runs to the only bathroom in the dorm and shuts it tight behind her.

 

 


"Yah, Sica!" Hyoyeon calls out after her. "I already called first on the bathroom!"

 

 


But the spunky blonde is ignored, and her cries slowly fade as Jessica looks at her reflection in the mirror.

 

 


She gives a wide smile to herself, revealing all her teeth. 

 

 


What does Tiffany have that I don't have?

 

 


Her teeth were nicely shaped, pearly white and perfectly aligned, she doesn't see why Taeyeon would choose Tiffany over her.

 

 


Then she makes eye contact with herself, still smiling, and an imaginary light bulb suddenly goes off on top of Jessica's head.

 

 


Eye smile!

 

 


And so she smiles harder, getting her cheek muscles to stretch as high as they can to cause her eyes to curve.

 

 


They're curving, but it isn't enough, it's not like Tiffany's.

 

 


She tries again, harder this time, her nostrils involuntarily flaring and twisting in an uncomfortable angle.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter