this isn't goodbye.

this isn't goodbye.

he was in a coma and at most had three weeks to live. 

at least that was what the doctor said.

three months ago, he found out he had this rare heart disease and could collapse any moment, unless he received a heart transplant. 

but, he had been stubborn and refused it. death is just a matter of time, he said. 

since he had a rare blood type, it was difficult to find a matching donor.

 

that was until the doctor ran a test on me. it was found that i matched him and since i was a healthy person, i was a suitable candidate.

 

i didn't hesitate when i told the doctor i was willing to donate my heart.

think twice, he said, donating your heart means i have to sacrifice everything.

 

with a smile on my face, i told him that he has a promising future. it has been his long-time dream to sing and he is currently a successful and inspiring singer.

 

the doctor sighed and said, love is blind.

 

he continues, well then, the surgery is in two weeks' time, spend your time well for time will pass by in a blink of an eye.

 

i told my parents about it and although they broke down and asked me to rethink my decision, they supported me. 

 

i told my friends and boss and colleagues, they said, "why are you so foolish, it's foolish of you to sacrifice your life for love. you're korea's top lawyer, is it worth it?"

 

in those two weeks, i tried to fulfil everything so that i will be able to leave without any regrets. however, there is always a regret that i will never be able to erase - i'll no longer be able to be beside him, comfort him when he's down ; not being able to see him radiant smile and hear his beautiful voice.

 

time waits for no man, and before i knew it, two weeks has passed.

 

before the surgery, the doctor told me to pen down a last letter to him.

 

and so with a sad smile, i did.

 

dear sehun my love,

 

goodbye, thank you for everything.

thank you for loving me, supporting me.

thank you for being my light and hope when i'm at my lowest.

thank you for the wonderful times we had spent together, it was really worthwhile (you are worth it).

despite our fights and arguments, i am really thankful to have meet you.

i love you, i really do.

goodbye darling, keep smiling and stay cheerful as always.

do continue inspiring people.

remember, although i'm no longer beside you, life still goes on.

find a good woman and settle down and have kids. i'm sure you'll be a good husband and daddy. 

although i'm no longer beside you, i'm still in your heart.

oh, don't forget to bring your umbrella and take down the laundry when the weather forecast says there'll be a thunderstorm.

don't add more than two packs of sugar into your coffee, it's unhealthy.

don't forget to check your change after you purchase anything. don't be deceived like the other time, okay?

i still have a lot of things to say to you, but the one thing that i can repeatedly say and not get tired is, 

i love you, i love you and i love you.

goodbye, till we see each other again.

i love you, baby.

 

love,

your luhannie.