OT5 - sleepover

Prompt Fills
hellotweetygirl asked:Ok so I'm talking a stab at this: band fic, ot5, on the road, rough housing, king sized bed, nothing but fluff and cuddles. (Because I miss my boys so bad!! Hope this isn't too specific, it's my first request!)

Prompt Fill #7 

Name: Sleepover

Pairing: OT5  

Genre: fluff 

Rating: PG-13

Word Count: 1044

Unbetaed

.

.

.

“You have got to be joking,” Kibum deadpanned, the five of them stood outside the door to their hotel room with their manager, dread washing over them all as they peered inside. 

The room was far from impressive, a bland version of a home away from home in their career.  Everything was pretty standard, from the aircon that was set too cold, to the floor to ceiling drapes and the hideous floral bedspread that matched the uncomfortable looking chairs in the corner.  The room itself was cramped, it was doubtful they could even fit all of their luggage inside it, let alone themselves.  In a word, typical.  Except for one small detail… there was only one bed.  One bed and five of them. 

 

“Unfortunately, no.  There was some kind of mix up with the booking and apparently there is some big convention or something in town this weekend,” their manager grumbled like the weight of the world was on his shoulders.

“And?” Jonghyun raised an eyebrow, waiting for a complete answer.

“And all the hotels in the area are booked solid.  We couldn’t find another room within the city limits if we tried,” he finished with a sigh. 

Taemin snorted, “Good to know we don’t get any special treatment for being idols.”

“Tae… It’s only for one night, we can make do,” Minho chide.

The group let out a collective sigh, dragging their bags into the room and waving their manager a begrudged ‘goodnight.’  They all knew it wasn’t his fault but after a full day of schedules, it was hard to maintain bright personalities at the idea of sleeping on the floor or all 5 of them scrunching onto one bed. 

“At least it’s a king sized bed?” Jonghyun offered, hoping to lighten the mood but he only receiving pointed glares in response. 

“Come on guys, its not so bad,” Jinki said, it wasn’t like this was the first or last time they were have to deal with less than idea circumstances.  They might as well accept it and make do. 

“Just stop trying, both of you,” Kibum muttered, sitting at the small desk and pulling out his make up remover, getting to work on his face. 

“No, really.  Let’s think of it like… Oh!!!  I know!  Let’s think of it like a pajama party!  We’re just reliving our childhood, having a sleepover with friends,” Jinki said, getting more and more excited as the words tumbled from his lips. 

“Hyung that’s stupid,” Taemin whined.

“No it’s not, what’s stupid is sitting around complaining and being all bitter about a situation we can’t change,” Jinki shot back.  “Besides, I have a little something we never had as kids that would make our sleepover way better,” stupid grin on his face that let all of them knew he was up to something. 

“And what’s that?” Kibum asked.

Jinki’s grin only widened as he pulled a bottle a whiskey out of his bag.

“Awesome!” Taemin exclaimed, his annoyance over their room nearly forgotten already. 

“Now, everyone go wash up and get changed.  We’re having a whiskey and pajamas party!” Jinki cheered, causing them to laugh and start joking around like usual, the tension ebbing as they play fought over who got to use the bathroom first. 

~~

In a relatively short amount of time, all things considered, the five of them were all seated cross-legged on the large bed wearing their pajamas, paper cups in hand.  Someone had the tv but none of them were really watching, too engrossed in their comfortable atmosphere and easy conversation to notice.  They couldn’t afford hangovers the next day, but between the five of them, they put a sizable dent in the bottle before they were tipsy.  They all started to spread out and relax, using each other as pillows as the alcohol seeped into their systems making them feel warm and happy.     

“What are some games we can play?  You know, like typical sleepover games?”  Minho asked, his eyes half closed as his head rested on Jinki’s thigh. 

“Truth or dare?” Jonghyun suggested. 

“Nah, we already know everything about each other, and manager hyung will kill us if we pull some stupid prank around the hotel.  Fans are everywhere,” Taemin countered. 

“Spin the bottle?” Kibum added with a laugh.

“I’m pretty sure everyone has kissed everyone at some point by now.  Seems kinda boring,” Jonghyun pointed out.

“Well what other games were there when we were kids?” Kibum shot back.

“I don’t know, I just remember drawing mustaches and es all over the first person to fall asleep,” Jinki filled in, causing the others to roar with laughter.

“Okay we definitely can’t do that, then manager hyung and all our cordi noonas would kill us,” Minho giggled.

“I know a game,” Jinki said, catching their attention.

“What game?” Jonghyun questioned, downing the last of his drink.

“It’s called, let’s all go to sleep because we have early schedules tomorrow.  The winner is whoever falls asleep first and their prize is the most sleep,” Jinki said, exaggerated smile on his face that only grew more real as the members all dissolved into groans. 

“Hyung, we thought you meant a real game,” Taemin whined, his bottom lip jutting out.

“Too bad,” Jinki replied without an ounce of sympathy.  “Up, up, up.  Everyone go brush your teeth because it’s time to go to sleep,” Jinki said, shooing them all off the bed and into the cramped bathroom.  Jinki’s leaderly duties finally overriding his desire for some relaxation with his band mates because it was already far too late and the alcohol only added to the drowsy feelings.

When they were all finished, Jinki herded them back to the bed, pulling back the covers as they clamored in.  All of them cuddling up, spooning to make enough room.  Jinki couldn’t help but chuckle, five grown men sleeping in the same bed made it look like the clown car of furniture.  It didn’t matter though, one by one they each drifted off to sleep, heads pillowed on chests, arms and legs tangled.  The situation wasn’t ideal, but they always seemed to find a way to make the best of it.  They were family after all, through thick and thin (and bad hotel rooms).