onkey - cliché

Prompt Fills
Anonymous asked:Hellooo~ congrats on the followers, you deserve every one of them^^ For the drabble prompt: onkey, telephone booth, glass slipper PLEASE AND THANK YOU!^^
 

Prompt Fill #4

Name: Cliché

Pairing: Onkey

Genre: Fluff?  I guess?  

Rating: PG

Word Count: 908

Unbetaed

.

.

.

Cliché. 


His whole day had been one big cliché, from the alarm clock that didn’t go off that morning to the splash of coffee across his shirt and tie as soon as he sat at his desk.  He was a walking billboard of Murphy’s Law and predictability.  Files were lost, bosses were angry, pens exploded and by 3pm Jinki was ready to call it quits.  He just wanted to curl up in his bed with a mug full of gin and forget this day ever happened. 


So naturally, he had to work late.      

 

The sun had long set, his stomach growling in protest, needless to say, his dinner of vending machine junk food was less than satisfactory.  Jinki didn’t have the mental strength to care anymore, pulling on his coat and dragging his tired feet out the door, the promise of his nice warm bed the only thing that was keeping him going. 

It was as if the planets had aligned to create the perfect storm of torment for him, the sky opening up as soon as he left the building.

Of course, he had forgotten to bring an umbrella that morning.  Of course. 

Jinki let out a bone-deep sigh, debating if he should just keep walking despite the weather, but when the rain started falling even harder he resigned himself to his fate.  Corporate buildings that were long past their closing times surrounded him; no convenience stores or restaurants nearby that could be his saving grace.  The rain had already soaked through his thick hair and was starting to trickle unpleasantly down the back of his neck.  He needed to move and he needed to do it now.  He last, and really only option, was the poorly lit phone booth on the corner, rundown and abandoned by a mobile world.  It was far from ideal but Jinki didn’t have a whole lot of choices, deciding to wait out the worst of the storm before continuing his commute back home. 

Jinki darted inside the small booth, struggling to get the rusty door to close again when a set of slender fingers curled around the frame, tugging it back open to reveal a handsome man as equally drenched as Jinki himself.  Their eyes locked for a brief moment, an awkward tension snapping between them, without much thought to the implications or possible dangers Jinki relented, wedging himself farther into the booth to make room for the newcomer.  The man’s face softened at the gesture, squeezing himself in beside Jinki. 

The space was far too small for two people, strangers at that.  There was no room to breath without it being felt by the other and that was just all kinds of uncomfortable.  Jinki cleared his throat, choking on the air that hung thick and heavy around them as they stood, chest to chest, listening to the rain patter all around them.

“Thanks,” the man finally muttered, catching Jinki’s gaze with shy eyes.

“No problem,” Jinki responded with a weak grin.  The silence that fell between them was so tangible now; Jinki grew more and more aware of how their bodies were molded together, their wet clothes clinging.  Jinki’s eyes followed the raindrops as they raced down the glass, the only distraction he could find to keep himself from staring at his companion. 

Should he try to make conversation?  Would that make things more or less awkward than they already were? 

Seconds transitioned into minutes and Jinki was still debating in his mind what he should do when the stranger let out a muffled curse, his eyes glued to something over Jinki’s shoulder. 

“That’s my bus, I had better run,” He mumbled, shuffling through his pockets before pulling out a transit card, clutching it in his tight fist.  “But thanks, really,” he said as he pulled the door open again, the faintest hint of a dimple on his cheek and then he was gone, vanishing as quickly as he had appeared. 

Jinki blinked, his mind unable to process anything that had just happened.  He whipped around in the small space, nose pressed to the glass as he watched the dark silhouette run across the street, disappearing from Jinki’s life forever.  Jinki had only said two words to the man, but for some reason his absence was palpable.  He had been the one ray of sunshine in Jinki’s otherwise horrid day.  It felt like a missed opportunity, as if he had just squandered the hand fate had dealt him. 

Before he could invest much thought into these feelings, a sparkle of light caught his eye.  He knelt down, feeling around on the dirty floor before his hand wrapped around the object, holding it up to the window to see it better. 

A cell phone. 

Attached was a small crystal charm in the shape of a high top sneaker, the cut of the glass making it catch each little bit of light before reflecting it back out in every direction.  It was pretty and unique and Jinki had a good guess who it might belonged to. 

Maybe he hadn’t folded that hand just yet.

There was only one thing to do; he needed to return the phone to its rightful owner. 

It seemed fate wasn’t out to get him after all.

There was even a “glass slipper” of sorts. 

How cliché. 

He smiled to himself, the rain easing up enough for Jinki to continue on home, a newfound spring in his step.