This is It

One In A Thousand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] CHAPTER 2 [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] This is It [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3] 

Days flew by like a blur, you couldn't remember what you did after the clock 12. It was like a Cinderella story but it didn't involve a happy ending. For the past few days I was abused even more, I was kicked and the old bruises will come back to become new ones. Nobody knew I was treated like this and nobody should know but ever since I met Myungsoo we've been talking, hanging out and enjoying our time together. It was new to me, I've always forgotten the pain I had when I'm with him but the pain would come back when I stepped into my house. He was just a typical stranger where I wouldn't look at twice but after a simple encounter we've been liking each other presence. Was this love that everyone talks about? I didn't know. I wouldn't know. Everyday I would go out, I would encounter him, we would talk until the sunset was in the horizon, we would walk miles to who knows where, we talked, we talked about things that was little in life, he would always find out my new bruises and cuts but I would ignore his questioning and told him I'm clumsy. He didn't need to know. I didn't believe in love, I didn't have a reason but this is probably a sign to get out of my shell and experience reality. 

Here we were again, walking in a quiet environment with nothing but the breeze as our sound, nothing but the silence in the air greeting us as we walk further. It was one of those days where I had encounter him once again from going to the convenience store. I was walking with plastic bags filled with alcohol for my father in my hand. I was suppose to be home by now but I just didn't seem to want to leave him. To leave Myungsoo and go back to my nightmare but I knew this isn't a wishing world where miracles would happen so I knew I had to get home before I was beaten to death. I turned my head to look at the beautiful sunset in the horizon. The sky was filled with the urban colors of pink, orange and yellow, it looked like a typical painting with the calm ocean as the foreground. I sighed as I knew this was the time for me to be getting home now. He noticed and turned back to walk me back home. After that incident where I was almost violated, Myungsoo had taken the courtesy to walk me home, but not the entire way, just in a safe distance so I would walk home safely. He still doesn't know about my life, my environment at home. He didn't know how dangerous it is compared to reality. In times, I wish he would come to my rescue and take me to the heavens on his horse but that was a fairytale and this was reality. 

"Thank you again" 

I bowed to him for respect and was about to leave when he caught my wrist. 

"Can I see you again tomorrow?" He asked.

I smiled and nodded. He gave me back a smile and let go. He gave a simple wave with his face still glowing. I turned back to walk the rest of the way home. I guess I could look forward to tomorrow again. 

I walked into my house with the same darkness that greeted me and the same smell of wasted adults. I placed the plastic bag of alcohol on the kitchen table quietly and walked silently to my room but the sudden noise of flickering lights and I stood still. This wasn't the time to start but I knew this has already started when I stepped into the house. I tense as I knew what was coming. SLAP. I held my head in pain as I knew this was my life. I turned around to face my 'mother'. She had looks like it could kill and this was the first time I could see she was flaring with rage. Did I know why? no, sadly no. 

"What did I do this time?" I said to her.

"What have you done?! Well, for the past few days you've been coming home later than 4"

"I went to pick up the alcohol for you already"

She slapped me again on the face and now I was holding onto my cheek.

"DON'T think I don't know what your doing, it's a boy isn't it?"

"No, it isn--"

Slapped again.

"You listen to me, your not leaving this house tomorrow."

"But-- "

Slapped once again.

"No buts, I could get into trouble because of your stupidity"

She walked away once she had finish. I held my cheek with the throbbing pain. I opened the door to my room and sat down on nothing but a dirty floor. I wasn't upset cause I was abuse again but the fact I couldn't go and meet Myungsoo tomorrow. I looked out the window to see the moon shining bright. There was no light source in my room besides the light of the moon glowing through my window. I lifted up my knees and placed my arms on it. I continued to stare out through the window with the stars and night being my scenery. Was I going to get anywhere? No, I guess not. Sleep caught me in a matter of minutes and I fell asleep in a position where I would get pains tomorrow, like it mattered anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to the sound of glasses in the kitchen breaking and crashing everywhere, I got up in a instant and opened the door to investigate the source. I walked slowly and quietly and peered out behind a wall into the kitchen but as soon I peered I got a piece of glasses swiped onto my forehead and it started to bleed. I lift up my hand and run through the bleeding wound. My dad probably had witness my presence and came storming to me. I stood still behind the wall hoping probably something would prevent him from coming closer. I know he had spotted me and I know what I was getting into. My hopes was beaten when my dad came up to me and cursed at me.

"THIS BOY?! Why do I hear something about a boy?! Who would like you?! Who would want you?! Your just as useless as anyone."

My dad continued to ramble on about me and as he continued, my self esteem continue to sink. I stood silently yet trying to hold my tears in. He slapped me on my cheek and I turned my head from the sudden contact. He pushed me too hard that it made me fall straight onto the ground. He got his feet and started to kick me on my stomach as I laid down looking hopeless. I really wished some miracle would happen. My dad continued to kick, slap and push but no miracle was heard. I let it continue as the pain continued to form. I was hurt but I wasn't physically hurt but emotionally hurt. I finally let a tear run down my my face and drip onto the floor. I let out a cry of a faded request.

"Help me"

Nobody would come and I knew that but as I was letting my hopes down, the door slammed open and my dad stopped. My mum got up from her seat and my dad turned to face the stranger who was at the door. I opened my eyes to see a familiar figure standing but it quickly ran up and punched my dad in the face, after that intense scene, I let my eyes close and that was last thing I saw.

I opened my eyes to see a white ceiling, it was clean ceiling as well, not the one in my room but a real ceiling. I blinked my eyes as I let my vision come clearer. I turned my head

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter