This Is the Start

One In A Thousand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] CHAPTER 1: [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] This is the Start [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

It was rare to find peace. It was rare to find someone. It was rare to see reality. Everything should have ended when it happened. It was hard to survive. It is hard to think that maybe you shouldn't have been introduced in this world. A world full of problems and complications. A world full of mystery. Life is complicated, life is precious. I was told that I survived because I was one of the lucky ones who get to continue but that wasn't the case.

I'm Naeun, Son Naeun. I can be seen as a typical girl, a normal girl where you wouldn't look at twice. This is my life, these are my problems. I was raised by both my parents but instead of a happy family, I had a broken one. One where my mother died in a car accident when I was 4 years old. I never experienced the loving care I got from my mum, I never experience being close to my mother. My father, he was addicted to alcohol and drugs and due to his addiction he was caught and sent to prison. I became an orphan at the age of 10 years old, living in an orphanage wasn't all well. When I thought hope was suddenly coming to me, I got adopted by a couple who had no kids, to which I was happily welcoming them as my parents but instead I got what I didn't expect. I was abused and tossed around like an object. I was an object to them, an object where it could be used to satisfy their needs. I was their punching bag and their slave. I didn't have an education and a proper home. My life was a mess, this is my life.

I walked to the convenience store, wrapped in a jumper and sweat pants. I tried my best to cover those bruises and scars left from the abuse. Why didn't I tell anyone? Because, I didn't have a choice, if I told someone, I wouldn't be able to live. I had a dream, a dream of being an artist and that's what's keeping me alive, my dream is my goal. I walked into the convenience store to get some of the alcohol for my 'parents.' I placed them on the counter and took out some notes, I paid for the drinks and alked out of the convenience. This was my routine. Buying them alcohol and stuff that they needed. 

Once I walked out of the convenience store, I bumped into a person who was just about to enter. My plastic bag dropped and the glass shattered into pieces with the alcohol liquid pouring out. I bent down to see if there are remaining bottles and to my expectations, there wasn't any left. 

"I'm sorry" I said to the stranger.

"It's my fault, I didn't see where I was going" 

He bent down and saw the plastic bag full of poured out liquid. 

"I'm really sorry, I'll buy you some, com--"

I held him back. "It's alright, it wasn't important" 

Before he could say anything, I picked up the plastic bag and dumped it into the trash bin that was just a few meters from the store. Just when I was walking off from this stranger, he held me back by grabbing my wrist. I winced in pain. 

"I'm truly sorry"

"It's alright"

I forcefully knock his hand from my wrist and continued my way back home. I guess I was going to get into more trouble...

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm home"

I opened the door to the house and saw it was pitch dark. The sound of my steps sounded like a monster matching. I quietly closed the door behind me and silently made my way to my room. I was hoping they were asleep since I didn't want to get into trouble. I quietly made it up to my room and just when I was about to turn the door knob I was hit with a vicious smack. I held my head from the pain and turned around to face my 'dad', if I could call him that. 

"Where is my drink?!" He requested.

"I forgot, but let me ex---" I pleded 

I was smacked across the face once again. I felt the pain from the slap. I held my face as I looked at him again.

"There's no such thing as forgetting things, common sense!" 

"I'm sorry, I promise I won't do it again, I'll buy it tomorrow" I said desperately.

He walked off from me after that. Sometimes I wonder why I had to have a life like this. Why did I have to be the target? I quickly opened the door to my room and shut it tight. In times like this, I wished I never existed. I slid my back down the door and sat down with my knees still bent. I let a tear run down my cheek as I silently whimper. I would often cry to myself when I was alone. Crying to let the pain go away, not that it worked anyway. I let another tear run down and then started to ball out. I placed my face in between my palms and wiped my tears. Nobody is going to help you. Nobody is there for you. Your alone. Crying doesn't work because it just brings more pain than it already does. I tried my best to in my tears and got up from my place. My room wasn't anything grand. I don't think you would call it a room. It was a simple small room where I had to sleep on a rug while only have little to no clothes hanging on a string. I settled my self on the rug and just let sleep kick in. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"WAKE UP!" 

I woke up to the sound of my "mother" storming into my room. I blinked my eyes a few times to regain my conscious but before I could even respond, she pulled me up forcefully while gripping my hair. I sat up while trying to get her hands of my hair and from the pain that it was causing me. She continued to grab a fist full of my hair while trying to make me face her. As she saw me struggle she pulled harder.

"I have friends coming today and I don't want you to be seen so you got to get out" 

She continued to pull my hair but this time dragging me out of the house. I followed while trying to hold the pain. She forcefully tossed me out of the house in just my t-shirt and sweat pants. I touched my head as I could still feel the pain from the pull. I looked around the atmosphere but was greeted with a stron

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter