Checklists & Deals

Bambi From Hell

“Okay,” Joonmyun began, clipboard in hand. All the girls (sans Luhan) and Tao, sat around her tiny and extremely neat single dorm room. “I researched a checklist of engagement party details, and I made copies for everyone.” Joonmyun passed out the sheets. At the top was a cheesy banner ‘XiuHan Engagement’ that she must have made in Photoshop, and the paper smelt faintly of strawberries.

“Xiuhan?” Yixing questioned.

“Yes! You know how couples and ships have joint names? I thought it would be cute!”

“We barely use Minseok’s nickname.”

“That is true Yixing, but that name is on his jersey, so I stuck with it. Plus Lumin, or Luseok, or MinHan all sound terrible, and Xiuhan looked prettiest on my banner. Luhan even uses it when referring to their apartment.”

“Yeah yeah yeah! Go on with your checklist, Joonma. I have a date with Yoda in… two hours? And I have to shave.” Baekhyun hurried.

“Oh… right! So checklist! As you can see some of the first things are picking a date, settling the guest list and finding a venue. After all that is done, we can move on to phase two, which would be sending out invitations, deciding on décor and finalizing the menu… then prepare toasts-”

“Who’s making a toast? Why a toast?” Kyungsoo asked.

“It’s a pre-wedding toast, it won’t kill us to say something nice to the guests and the couple since we’re planning it. Anyway, after preparing a toast, there will be shopping and setting up for the party. Then during and after the party, we will have a spread sheet of who sent money or gifts and prepare thank you cards accordingly. Doesn’t this sound like fun?”

“So much fun!” Baekhyun’s voice was dripping with sarcasm.

“Can we leave now?” Tao asked.

“Why? Do you have something more important to do? This is supposed to be the happiest time of Luhan’s life-”

“Relax Joonmyun. We’re all committed, but frankly the engagement party is the least of our worries. What about the bachelorette party? I say we go overseas.” Kyungsoo suggested.

“Overseas where?” Joonmyun asked, and everyone paused to think.

“What about Guam?”

“No! Malaysia?”

“Thailand?”

“Singapore!”

“Japan!”

“Hawaii!”

“Bali!”

“I will look into all of those places and see what I can do.” Joonmyun jotted down the suggested destinations. “I’ll even ask my parents and see if they’ve traveled to any of these places.”

“There has to be strippers!”

“Yixing! I would have never thought that you were into strippers… but I agree.” Zitao commented.

“Aren’t strippers everywhere?”

“Str-strippers?”

“Oh come on. Don’t be a stick in the mud Joonmyun.”
“I am not a stick in the mud, Baekhyun! I… I just don’t see why strippers are necessary.”

“Because the boys will most likely have them, so why not us?”

“I can do without some stranger’s…” Joonmyun lowered her voice for a second, “, in my face.”

“There doesn’t have to be full , and what? Is Jongdae’s enough for you?”

“I… have never.”

“You’ve never done the do?!”

“This is a joke right?” Kyungsoo asked, and Joonmyun began to turn red in the face. Zitao busted out in laughter.

“I’m sorry, but what?”

“Jongdae and I have never went that far. I wasn’t ready so he respected my wishes.”

“You two have been together for like forever… let him get some!” Kyungsoo teased.

“No wonder why you’re so uptight!” Baekhyun announced.

“You should at least try it, Joonmyun. It’s not as bad as you think.” Yixing added.

“I think we’re done here.” Joonmyun said smiling out of discomfort. “You all are free to leave.”

 

Luhan took a seat on the couch where Minseok sat eating a big cereal. “Why are you eating cereal during the day? It’s like two o’clock.”

“There’s never a wrong time for cereal.”

“Yes, there is. So… no eating it.” Luhan reached out and removed the bowl from Minseok’s hands. He frowned and tried to reach out for his snack but his hand was smacked away. “No more unhealthy foods.”

“Cereal is healthy. Its now made with whole grains!”

“Whole grains and a load of sugars.”

“What are you going to do with it?”

“I just want to talk, and then you can go back to your cereal.”

“But it’ll get soggy.” Luhan rolled her eyes, and got up from the couch the bowl in her hands. Minseok watched as she dumped the cereal out into the sink and the garbage disposal. She rinsed out the bowl and then dusted of her hands.

“There… now talk.”

“You are a cruel woman.” Luhan took her seat and Minseok placed an arm around her. “What do you want to talk about?”

“Some wedding planning and details.”

“Already?”

“I don’t want to be unprepared or blind sided. Also Joonmyun keeps asking me, and I could just answer for you, but I will at least try to communicate with you first. For color scheme, I was thinking lavender and white… or mint and white! Ooh, what about white and gold?”

“Why not just black and white?”

“That’s hella boring! This is why I didn’t really want to ask you, I knew you wouldn’t have a good input.”

“Fine… ask me about everything else but colors.”

“What about flowers?”

“Uh… pretty ones?”

“Obviously, but should we have roses, lilies, peonies, orchids, hydrangeas… like which ones?”

“The prettiest ones.”

“They all are pretty.”

“Ask me something else besides flowers and colors.”

“Okay… what about tablecloths? What kind of fabric should we have? Should there be an extreme centerpiece?”

“Is there more than one choice of fabric for tablecloths? Ugh, I’m not good at this wedding thing.”

“Yeah, you’re not. Let’s move on to something simple.”

“Like our honeymoon?”

“No, but where would you like to go?”

“Well, I kind of want to get married somewhere tropical, that way we can just stay in a tropical area for our honeymoon. What about the Maldives? We could get a nice bungalow on the water… or even in Bora Bora.”

“Hmm… we’ll see.”

“Cool. Kiss?” Luhan pecked him on the lips and then wiped her lip gloss off of them.

“Do you have any plans for your bachelor party? Like do you have any requests? I want to set some ground rules.”

“I want it to be fun, and have a lot of drinking.”

“That’s interesting. I don’t want you to get faced wasted though.”

“I’ll be content with a good buzz.”

“Okay, and no strip joints.”

“No strip joints for you either.”

“You’ll need a designated driver, so that way I know you’ll get back to your hotel safe. Whoever that driver is, will have to call and check up with me every two hours. If you end up breaking my strip joint rule, there better not be any body shots. If I find out you were taking shots off another woman’s body I will cut off your tongue. If you receive a , no . If she’s completely , I will hurt you and all of your groomsmen. If I find a mark anywhere that would suggest that some girl kissed or part of your body, there will be no honeymoon fun, and I just might skin you alive.”

“I think I can follow all of these rules.”

“You better.”

“I just trust that you won’t do anything to jeopardize our marriage before it even starts.”

“I can do that.”

“So, we have a deal. Let’s shake on it.” Minseok held out his hand and waited for Luhan to give him a firm shake. “Now, can you be a good fiancée and remake my cereal?”


A/N: Here you go, kiddies! I hope you enjoyed! :)