Congratulate Me

Bambi From Hell

“I’m getting married.” Luhan announced to her best friends. In the snack booth of Seoul Mini Zoo she sat near the fryer, eating a bag of popcorn slowly. Yixing, who sat on the freezer with Kyungsoo almost, dropped her ice cream. Baekhyun, who stood by the soda dispenser, stopped cleaning the hose (not that she wanted to, but it was her job). Joonmyun giggled behind her hand.  “Well… aren’t you going to congratulate me?”

"Congrats! How did Minseok propose?" Kyungsoo asked Luhan.

"More importantly, where's the ring?" Baekhyun questioned.

"The ring is in my locker because I haven't gotten it sized yet and I don't want it falling off in the deer pin. He asked while we were on a spaghetti date. He put the ring around a breadstick. It was so sweet!"

 

"That sounds adorable!" Joonmyun gushed. She loved weddings.

"Yes! Yes! I can't wait to marry him and have a bunch of beautiful soccer playing babies. I like the name Mae Lin for a girl or maybe Bao..."

"You're thinking of baby names already?"

"Can I be the godparent?" Yixing asked, dimple saying hello to everyone.

"I think I should be the godparent!" Baekhyun interjected, "I'm more fun!"

"You're more offensive. I would like pure and innocent children." Luhan protested and Baekhyun scoffed.

"I'm very happy for you, Lu." Kyungsoo added making Luhan smile widely.

"Thanks Soo. I'm so happy too! I don't think I've ever been so happy."

"If Luhan’s getting married you do realize that we need to throw an awesome bridal shower." Joonmyun then suggested. "I will start planning!"

“What about an engagement party?” Kyungsoo asked.

"Forget the bridal shower and engagement party. What about the bachelorette party? The last fling before the ring!" Baekhyun added.

"We should get bridal party shirts!" Yixing added as well.

"Luhan probably hasn't even thought of her bridal party yet. I think we’re getting ahead of ourselves." Kyungsoo quickly deflated the mood.

"Ugh, you're such a kill joy." Baekhyun groaned.

"I have thought of my bridal party… kind of.”

“So, are you going to tell us or beat around the bush?”

“I’m going to tell you all in a special way… so expect it sometime this week.”

“You can’t do that!”

“I can to! I can do whatever I want! It’ll be my wedding after all. Now, if you excuse me, I’m off to go make out with Minseok before my break is over. See you at lunch!” Luhan waved and flipped her hair dramatically before leaving the snack bar.

 

“I always knew Luhan would be the first to get engaged out of us.” Yixing smiled.

“Really? I had money on Joonmyun and Jongdae. The poster couple of our group.” Baekhyun teased.

“Jongdae and I haven’t been dating as long as Luhan and Minseok.” Joonmyun corrected.

“Whatever. I just hope they aren’t rushing or anything… do you think Luhan might be pregnant?”

“Baek, it’s a bit mean to jump to conclusions like that.” Kyungsoo countered.

“You’re right, but Luhan’s a good friend. So is Minseok. Marriage is a big step, and I want to make sure they both are thinking clearly.”

“I’m sure they are… Minseok wouldn’t propose if he wasn’t ready. Now… Kyungsoo and Yixing, you two should leave too. I don’t want your break to end, and you both are late or something.”

“You worry too much, Joonma.” Kyungsoo said hopping off the freezer and walking over to pat Joonmyun on the cheek. “I’ll be leaving first. See you later.” Kyungsoo left the snack bar and made her way back to the Arctic zone.

 

A lot has happened in the past year. After three months of dating, yes three months, she finally trusted Jongin again and was willing to officially become his girlfriend. He had asked every week only to get turned down, but it never faltered his feelings for her. So here they were, a solid couple for the past nine months. It made Kyungsoo happy. Jongin made Kyungsoo happy. Now it was Luhan and Minseok’s turn to share their happiness! Kyungsoo always loved the idea of weddings, and the beauty of them. She was excited for her friends. She greeted Jongin with a kiss once the door to the supply room closed. “Your break is over already?” He asked her.

“Mhm… did you enjoy your break?”

“Yes, Minseok told us some interesting news before he was swept away by Lu.”

“Ah, Luhan told us too.”

“So… should I wait for us to receive a formal invitation to ask you to be my date to the wedding?”

“You don’t have to.” Kyungsoo said, giggling at his cheesiness.

“I think I will anyway though. I’ve been to like… two weddings in my lifetime. Both were my older sisters’ and my date was Sehun for both weddings. It’ll be nice to switch things up.”

“Yeah, Joonmyun is thinking about planning the bridal shower, and she might turn it into a couple’s shower, knowing her.”

“Does that make a difference?”

“Yes. If it’s just a bridal shower, then no groom allowed, meaning no groomsmen. If it’s a couple shower, then groom is allowed and he can bring his boys.”

“What about bachelor parties? Can those be joint too?”

“They can… but who would want to?”

“I think it would be cool to have a joint party.”

“Only couples with extreme trust issues have joint parties, which can turn out a dud, because no groomsmen would want to go to a joint bachelor/bachelorette party.”

“That’s assuming that questionable things would happen at these parties.”

“That’s because questionable things do happen at these parties. Now, enough talking… you should go feed the polar bears.” Kyungsoo said washing her hands before she began to prep her penguins’ snacks.

 

“So, bachelor party, I’m planning it.” Jongdae announced as he, Chanyeol, Kris, and Sehun walked to the employee cafeteria for lunch.

“I think I should plan it to.” Kris stated.

“Why you?”

“Because I live alone.” Jongdae thought for a second… he wouldn’t be able to shove a bunch of people into his tiny dorm room… Kris’ apartment would come in handy.

“Okay, fine.”

“I can help with catering.” Chanyeol added, “and by me, I’m really saying my mom can help with catering.”

“That’s a good idea, and we can get discounted food because it’s your mom!”

“Is Tao invited to the bachelor party?”

“That’ll be a toughie. I mean, he’s one of the guys, yes… but he’s one of the girls too. I’ll get back to you on that.”

“Hey guys!” Jongin called out as he ran up to them. They all muttered greetings. “So what’s up?”

“We’re thinking of bachelor party things.”

“Oh, Soo was telling me that Joonmyun was also planning a bridal shower.”

“Do grooms get showers?”

“I don’t see why not.”

“What happens at bridal showers?” Chanyeol asked.

“I have no idea… we can Google it later.”

“No wonder people complain about weddings all the time. There’s so many parties to plan before you even get married.” Sehun said before the small group entered the cafeteria. “What’s for lunch?”

“Today’s salad bar and hoagies.” Chanyeol answered his lips.

 

“Where’s Luhan and Minseok?” Baekhyun asked Kyungsoo as Chanyeol stole a bite of her personally constructed Chicken Caesar salad. She thumped him on the head before kissing his cheek when he offered her some of his sandwich in return.

“Maybe they’re skipping lunch today?”

“Maybe…”

“Or not.” Tao stated as the duo entered hand in hand.

“Sorry we’re late. Did everyone start without us?” Luhan asked as she took a seat and Minseok went off to fix them some food.

“We all just sat down.” Joonmyun answered. They waited for Minseok to be seated before Joonmyun spoke again, “So… we all really want to say congratulations you two!”

“Thank you.” Minseok said sincerely.

“It’s going to be great! Although I never planned a celebration this grand, it will be perfect, I just know it.” Luhan said resting her head on her fiancé’s shoulder. It felt great to call Minseok that, and soon she’ll be able to say husband.

“Well… I think a great way to plan is to stay organized.” Joonmyun began as she pulled out a small notepad and pen. Jongdae looked around, wondering where she had the two items hidden. “So, I will happily help you Luhan. We don’t want you stressing, and as you know I’m very organized and efficient when it comes to planning. Let’s start with the engagement party. Do you want to throw one?”

“If this is Joonmyun’s way of up to Luhan for spot as maid of honor, she’s really milking it.” Baekhyun whispered to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo swatted at her.

All the boys sat at lunch, trying to enjoy their food, but it was hard when the girl’s kept talking about wedding things. Minseok looked like he was about to die from boredom, while Joonmyun and Luhan were still talking about décor for the engagement party with the occasional in from Baekhyun, Kyungsoo or Yixing. If all wedding planning was like this, what did he get himself into?


A/N: The first chapter isn't very special, in my opinion. Next chapter will be more eventful since planning for the engagement party will officially begin. As you can see Luhan is still quite mellow for now. :) 

Also... khunash --> dumbochan. Originally my AFF account was for me to just stay updated on some fics, but then I started posting my writings. I'm using dumbochan, because it's my tumblr as well as livejournal (which i don't even use wtf) usernames as well. Gotta keep it simple and consistent or I'd lose my mind. Talk to you later friends! Oh... expect this to be updated biweekly, meaning every two weeks.