Give A Little More

Crystallized

I left work early that day, Donghae didn’t have an issue. He encouraged me to leave anyway, insisting that my mood was scaring away the customers.

“You look like .” Yoona commented as I dragged myself into her house. “For someone who’s been branded, you look like absolute .”

“Thanks for the reminder.” I weakly replied as I crumbled onto the couch.

She sighed as she lifted my head to sit and placed my head onto her lap. “I don’t get it. I know you’ve sworn off love but soulmates… Aren’t they suppose to make you feel the most ‘you’ you can be?”

I raise my head, examining my best friend. If anything, she’s a lot surer about herself nowadays, there’s an air, authority and confidence in the way she speaks. She’s a lot happier too.

“You’re destined for each other. Maybe for you, not romantically since you don’t believe love exists but she exists. You don’t have to believe in love, but you can believe in her. “

Silence. I don’t know what to say. And I know Yoona understands that words are beyond me right now.

“Go out with her, see how it goes. What’s the worst that could happen?”

“You teasing the life out of me?” I meekly responded.

“Pft, you’ve been through worse.”

She’s right though. I have been through worse. A broken heart can’t be broken anymore can it?

She didn’t show up the next day, or the day after, or the day after that. By the end of the week I’d thought she’d forgot about me. It hurt, because that kiss left me breathless and wanting for more and the fact that she’d just forget about it…hurt. By the end of the second week, I’m convinced that she wasn’t coming back. Why would she come back after I so adamantly turned her down?

It was midweek but the crowd was a reasonable one. It’d been raining and there were many patrons hoping to seek shelter while having a beer.

I honestly just wanted to go home and sleep. It was past midnight when the door opened but I paid no attention, too absorbed in the song I was singing. I felt a pair of eyes on me, which isn’t rare, but it felt different than usual and I looked up meeting a pair of eyes that penetrated me.

Taeyeon.

I felt the ends of my lips curl upwards. She took a seat at the bar, sitting on the same high stool, only this time her back faced the bar as she watched me. She was wearing a pair of denim shorts, a white sleeveless shirt and the same grey checked flannel and a pair of maroon boots. Her messenger bag was slung over her shoulder and she’d fiddle with the straps occasionally.

In the middle of the song, I realized how ironic the song I was singing was.

You've been bad, and it goes on and on and on
Till you come home with me, Till you come home
You taste past the poison, you learn to love is wrong
I'm all alone baby, I'm all alone

I'm waiting for something, always waiting
Feeling nothing, wondering if it'll ever change
Then I give a little more, oh babe
I give a little more, oh babe

I'm not gonna love with ya, I'm not gonna love
And I'm not gonna love with ya, I'm not gonna love
Till I get a little more from you baby
I get a little more from you baby

You were wrong for and on and on
And on and on, yeah
You make it so hard


I'm waiting for something, always waiting
Feeling nothing, wondering if it'll ever change
Then I give a little more, oh babe
I give a little more, oh babe

I'm not gonna love with ya, I'm not gonna love
And I'm not gonna love with ya, I'm not gonna love
Till I get a little more from you baby
I get a little more from you baby

I have no defense
I know you're gonna get me in the end
And I cannot pretend
I ever want to feel this way again

A couple hours later, when there was barely anyone left in the pub other than her and some other customers, I ended my gig and approached her. She’d switched positions halfway through and I slid beside her in the booth that she was in.  

“What’re you doing here Goldilocks?”

She frowned. “You didn’t forget my offer did you?”

I laughed. How ironic, when I was the one who thought that she’d forgotten all about it. “I didn’t.”

“And?”

“Kiss me again, and then we’ll see.” I blurted. Where this new found courage came from, I had no clue.

Taeyeon was surprised but it was soon replaced with a smirk. She reached for the back of my neck, pulling me forward. My lips molded against hers instantly, claiming mine. Yielding to the soft strength, the warmth of sent a current running through my body. My hands travelled down the length of her body, stopping to bracket her hips, pulling her closer. We reluctantly pulled away, desperate for oxygen but yet wanting more of each other.

My lips were tingling and I my lips receiving a groan from her.

“For my sanity’s sake; don’t do that.”

“This?” I said, as I ran my tongue over my lips again.

Her pupils dilated and she leaned in again, kissing me once again. It was strange. I’ve never felt this way. Kisses have not left me as weak as hers have. I rested my head against the backrest. In my most nonchalant attitude I turned to face her. “Fine, I’ll go out with you.”

 

*

A/N: It's a little short, my bad. I've got loads on my mind gajhh. 
But anyway, holler is da bomb gdi