Back Again [Baro] (for Luuvingmusic)

✶B1A4 Oneshot Requests [REQUESTS OPEN]✶
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This one is for Luuvingmusic! Sorry it took so long! But here it is. :)

 

 

You hummed along to a catchy song that was stuck in your head while you window shopped in the busy city.

Walking along the sidewalk, you casually browsed the cutely dressed mannequins in the store’s window displays. 

You paused in front of one of the stores, as your eyes scanned the mannequin standing in the large display window, wearing the most adorable and quirky sweater, adorned with embroidered squirrels. 

Cute.

Moving along, you hummed along to the song that was stuck in your head. For being winter, it was a fairly nice day out. The sun was finally peaking through the clouds and thawed your chilly cheeks.

You had nowhere to be all day, so you wandered around the beautiful city simply enjoying the day.

You were preoccupied, when ran into something firm and warm. The backside of a person.

“I’m so sorry!” You apologized embarrassed. At times, you could be quite clumsy, and this was not the first time you literally ran into someone.

You cringed, preparing for the verbal lashing you were bound to receive from the stranger that you had accidentally disturbed.

The person who turned around was probably the last person you had ever expected to see. 

Your ex-boyfriend, Baro.

 

You were surprised as you hadn’t seen him in some years; ever since he broke up with you and moved away shortly after. You stared at him, your words failing you at that very moment.

Your friends couldn’t really understand why you were hung up on the breakup for so long, and no words were enough to explain it to them. You and Baro had been so close. You did everything together, you knew each other’s secrets, you practically could finish each other’s sentences!

"Hey!" Baro greeted, surprise also evident on his face.

He looked really good. His chocolate brown hair was swept up and out of his face, revealing his expressive eyes. His hands were tucked into the deep pockets of his dark peacoat that hugged his torso, showing off the muscle he had gained over the years while the dark skinny jeans he wore, displayed his long slender legs that you had always loved.

"Uh, hey.." You smiled awkwardly.

You didn’t really know what to say in this situation. You hadn’t exactly ended on the best of terms. You successfully pushed away the snarky, bitter and sarcastic inner dialogue that was playing in your head.

"How are you? You look good.." Baro scratched the back of his neck. You could tell he felt the awkward atmosphere also.

"Good. Just enjoying life. How about you?" you ambiguously answered back and shrugged.

"I’m doing good too. I’m back in town to work on some music with a few friends."

He had always talked about his dream of becoming a rapper and composing music with his friends from high school, whom also had similar passions. I guess his dreams are working out for him.

 

"Are you busy right now? Do you want to grab some coffee with me?" he asked you, looking at you with hopeful eyes.

"Sure." You had hesitated before agreeing. You partially agreed hoping for some sort of closure. Maybe he wanted to talk about why he left? Maybe then you could finally close that chapter of your life and move on.


When he broke up with you and moved, you were absolutely crushed. You never saw it coming and he never gave you an explanation as to why he decided to end the relationship. All you got from him was the cliché “It’s not you, it’s me.” line. 

Like seriously!? Who says that anymore?

Just merely a week after that, he packed up and left town. You were frustrated, hurt and heartbroken.

You hadn’t been in any serious relationships since. You tried dating a few times, but you couldn’t connect with anyone else, like you did with Baro.

It always frustrated you, that you always ended up comparing other men to him. Even when he wasn’t there, he still had a hold on you.

 

You both walked to the quaint little coffee shop just a little ways away. The short walk was quiet. Both of you didn’t really know what to say.

The heavy silence was broken by the chime of the cafe door. Alerting the staff that a customer had arrived.

The waiter led you took a booth in the far corner of the cafe.

"What can I start you off with?" 

"I’ll have a Caramel Macchiato, please." you ordered your usual beverage.

The waiter took Baro's order as well, and left to prepare your drinks.

"Can we start over?" he suddenly asked. You quirked an eyebrow.

“I mean like friends. I miss.. talking to you..” he quickly clarified.

"I know we didn’t really end on good terms but I’d like to make it up to you. What I did was completely wrong, and I know you deserve an explanation, I just.." he trailed off, exasperated. He had so many emotions displayed on his face. 

You also remembered how hard it is for him to open up and share his feelings, so you didn’t pressure him into continuing.

You bit your lip. Even as hurt and for the lack of a better word — pissed, as you were from the breakup and his sudden unexplained departure, you could never deny how much you missed him too.

"Ok." You agreed.

You figured, when the time was right, he’d tell you.

 

———

 


The next day, Baro texted you asking to hang out. The day before, you had agreed to exchange numbers to keep in contact.

He suggested a simple movie marathon right at home. Just like old times.


You opened the front door revealing Baro standing right there with an armful of snacks.

"I brought your favorites! Red Vines and strawberry Hi-Chews!" He smiled as he walked through the front door and into the living room. He kicked off his shoes, tossed the assortment of snacks onto the coffee table and shrugged off his jacket before making himself comfortable on your plush leather couch.

You smiled slightly, reminiscing to old times when you two had the same routine of movie marathons. He would always bring along Red Vines as you loved to bite the top and bottom off and use it as a straw in your soda.

"I’ll make us some popcorn, go ahead and pop in the first movie." you shouted over your shoulder as you made your way to the kitchen.

 

You grabbed a bag of microwaveable popcorn out of the cupboard, unwrapped it from its packaging and placed it in the microwave while pushing the popcorn button.

While waiting for the popcorn to pop, you leaned against the kitchen counter in thought.

The initial awkwardness of has worn off at least.

Quickly, you and Baro had sort of fallen back into your old comfortableness.

You found it so crazy that you had run into him so suddenly, and now 24 short hours later, he was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter