Pink Notes [Sandeul] for jandii

✶B1A4 Oneshot Requests [REQUESTS OPEN]✶
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

This one is for jandii!

As per request: Angst, High School AU, Sandeul oneshot.

This is actually my first time ever writing anything angsty! So I hope it's okay and somewhat believable! :o

Thank you so much for requesting! I hope you like it~ 

 

 

It was another woeful day of high school for Sandeul. The senior clutched the straps of his backpack as he walked through the gates, slowly, as usual, dreading the day that was ahead of him. He prepared himself for the onslaught of nasty words and dirty glares he would receive from the other students. Something he was growing accustomed to, but it still hurt the same, each time.

 

 

Loner. 

 

Weirdo.

 

Freak.

 

Monster.

 

 

If he had to pick, he would choose the verbal abuse over the actual physical bullying. Always being shoved into lockers, being tripped on purpose..

He tried to defend himself once, but that provoked the bullies even more. The next day, they locked him in the school's boiler room. Nobody noticed he was even missing. He was stuck down there for the remainder of the school day until the janitor stumbled upon him when he came to reset the mouse traps.

 

Many times he had been cornered by the school's jocks on his way home from class. He would come home with a black eye and a nasty cut on his lip, but his mom never spoke of it. Though the teachers noticed the constant bullying, none actually disciplined his tormentors. They chalked it up to "Boys being boys."

 

He previously had a nice school life. He was one of the top students in his year, he had a good group of friends and he was always kind to everyone. His hobby was singing as his younger sister always loved it when Sandeul sang to her. She always encouraged his singing and was beyond estatic when he landed a solo in the school's holiday performance. 

 

That had all changed when his younger sister died nearly 4 months ago. 

 

A group of bullies started a vicious and elaborate rumor that Sandeul had pushed her in front of a train, killing her instantly in a nasty and gruesome fashion. Most of the young and easily influenced students believed the horrible lie, propelling him into exile.

 

That was far from what really happened. The fact that she died that night, was the unfortunate and painful truth. But the details of how it happened, couldn't be any more false. 

 

She had snuck out one night, after Sandeul and their mother had fallen asleep. Her friends had invited her to a house party a guy in their grade was throwing. She, being the adventurous type, left without a second thought. She never turned down a chance to have a good time.

 

Her best friend had picked her up and the drove them to the party. However, they never made it to their destination. 

They were on their way there when a drunk driver struck the vehicle they were in, killing Sandeul's sister instantly and her leaving her friend, whom had been driving, in a coma.

 

Sandeul was absolutely devastated. He locked himself in his room for an entire week refusing to speak to anyone nor would he eat.

He loved his sister greatly. He would do anything to protect her. Many nights he spent pleading for God to bring her back, offering his own life in exchange. He beat himself up for not preventing her from going to the party. 

 

If only I'd known, I could've stopped her. She'd still be here.

 

 

After the funeral, their mom turned to alcohol to numb the pain. She came home at late hours, sometimes not even until the next day. She inadvertently began blaming Sandeul for the accident, even though he had absolutely nothing to do with it. He himself was grieving, and his mother blaming him and abandoning him when he needed her the most, caused him to become even more depressed.

 

He eventually attended school again. Though, he became quiet; talking less. He never paid attention in his classes, his grades dropped drastically and he was close to failing her first class. 

 

Those who once told him many times how handsome he is, now criticized the bags under his eyes and how disheveled he looked every day.

 

He once was the lively and optimistic boy who never turned down an eating challenge (and always won)

But now a quiet boy whom mostly kept to himself. Ultimately, he became the school's easy target of humiliation and torment.

 

His friends began to abandon him, one by one. Their popularity was in jeopardy; hanging out with 'that kid who killed his sister'.

 

The accident was all over the news channels and in the newspaper. He couldn't understand why they all blamed him. It was clear that she sadly perished in the result of a tragic automobile accident.. Not by the hands of her own brother.

 

Most of Sandeul's fellow classmates were scared of him and refused to associate with him, while the others mainly picked on him for their own entertainment. 

 

Sandeul ultimately gave up denying the accusations and resorted to silence. He could never comprehend how everyone could be so dense. Had he actually killed his own sister, wouldn't that land him in jail? Surely he wouldn't be able to continue his studies here.

 

He spent his lunches alone, pretending that he was really having lunch with his sister. He would always talk about his day, and fill her in on what happened on her favorite k-drama. 

 

"Did you know, Jan Di picked Jun Pyo in the end? Can you believe that? I know how mad you must be right now." he smiled while reminicing. His sister always ranted about how the good guy never got the girl in the dramas. It drove her crazy!

 

He liked to think the she was really there with him, in spirit, listening to him. He always set out a bottle of banana milk for her. After all, it was her favorite.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter