{ Jongin x Kyungsoo } Give It 2 U

Siren Song Short Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

October.

It's a month loved by many for a variety of reasons. Leaves change colors, pumpkin spiced lattes make a grand comeback, and it marks the beginning of sweater weather. 

These are only a few of the reasons for loving October, however there's one thing that sets it apart from the eleven other months. One day where grown-ups and children alike can express their fun and creative side through costumes, pranks, and candy. 

That day is Halloween.

Behind New Year’s Day and Super Bowl Sunday, Halloween marks the third largest party day in the entire world, and why wouldn't it? Little girls can be their favorite Disney princesses, boys can sport the masks and weapons of famous superheroes, and adults can be whatever they desire. Countries spend millions on decorations, candy, and costumes for a single day of celebration that everyone would remember for years to pass. Halloween is a much-loved holiday that has been a timeless tradition for centuries.

Kyungsoo hated it.

It's not his fault for hating the day, he would reason with himself every year as the hype for the day would gradually grow stronger around him. He quite liked pumpkin spiced lattes and going for strolls in the park whilst the leaves fell to the ground. He even liked the jack-o-lanterns that so many people would place out on their front porch as the big day drew closer.

It's just that Kyungsoo was born on Halloween. 

While some think it would be amazing to have their birthday on a famous holiday, the exact opposite was true; having a birthday on a day such as Halloween absolutely . He hated scary movies with a passion, never understanding why people would want to subject themselves to days or even weeks of being unable to sleep well at night. He hated how that even if he became the most famous person in the world, October 31st would never be known as Do Kyungsoo's birthday. 

The main reason, however, was that no matter how much he protested or complained, his friends and family would attempt to mash his birthday and Halloween together. Forget having a simple party with vanilla cake and normal presents. Instead, Kyungsoo suffered through Halloween parties where everyone would dress up, he would receive Halloween related gifts, and the endless issue of candy would arise. Kyungsoo loved sweets, he really did, however he would always get nearly four times the amount of other kids in his neighborhood. His elderly neighbors would always dump between half to the entire bowl of candy in his goody-bag, and he hated the jealous glares shot his away after embarrassingly getting all the candy.

Kyungsoo truly loathed Halloween; however there was one reason that beat all others when it came to why he hated the holiday so passionately. The man only realized it when he was in his teens, yet he never told anyone because it made his cheeks flush and eyes turn down with pure embarrassment.

"C'mon, Soo, we could totally win the costume contest if you went with me tonight," Kyungsoo's boyfriend, Jongin, groaned as he tried to persuade the older to go to a party that night with him. "Four years we've been together, yet you still haven't told me why you hate it so much. Don't even think of giving me that bull about it being on your birthday, because I know that's not the real reason."

Jongin's words quickly made Kyungsoo press his lips into a thin line, which he had previously opened to express that very excuse. Sighing, he lifted a heavy stack of books and made his way toward the back of the store, grumbling to himself the whole way. It was only ten in the morning and he wasn't fully in the mood to turn away his lovers' requests. 

"Jongin, you go to Baekhyun's party. He and Chanyeol really want you there," Kyungsoo murmured as he placed each book in its designated spot on the long row of dusty shelves. The bookstore he worked at was old and cramped, yet he loved every part of it unconditionally even if the particles in the air made his eyes water and his throat tickle with every breath.

Jongin sighed; he knew he wasn't going to get anywhere with the older male. It had been this way for years, and he already resigned from talking his boyfriend into going to a party. 'Stubborn' was Kyungsoo's middle name. 

"Alright, I'll go alone, but you don't realize how much of a loser this makes me look like," he teased with a small grin, wrapping his arms around Kyungsoo's waist and pecking his neck affectionately.

"Yah, you don't just look like a loser, you already are one," Kyungsoo giggled before turning and lightly pressing his lips against Jongin’s' before ushering him out out the door of the shop with a light grin. "Get out, dummy, I need to work. Go start on your costume!"

The rest of the day flew by in a flash and before Kyungsoo knew it, he was locking up the shop and preparing his journey back to his and Jongin's apartment. It was eight in the evening, so he knew the other would still be getting into costume when he got home. After quick bus ride and a ten minute walk, Kyungsoo trudged through the door of the apartment and kicked off his shoes.

"Jongin, I'm home," he called out as he shed off his scarf, gloves, and coat. "Where are you- oh!"

Kyungsoo couldn't stop the small squeak from escaping his lips when his boyfriend emerged from the bathroom with a wide smirk.

"Do you like my costume?" Jongin asked with a coy smile, spinning around to fully showcase his tail, cat ears, ripped black skinnies, and a black button down shirt that was open halfway, showcasing a beautiful set of smooth, chiseled collarbones. He had also drawn black whiskers and a pink triangle nose on his face in addition to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter