1/1

Buy me that!

Walking down the street from their dorm, Minseok turns his head to spot three or four fans following them with phones in hand. No doubt this outing will be posted online before they even make it back to the dorm. The sun may have barely risen but the fans are already sharing new material on their favorite idols, as always.

“You know, I didn't expect you to do quite that well right after last week's episode,” Luhan continues, walking next to Minseok, “I mean, of course I thought you must have improved since Showtime, especially after you voiced your wish to become better at variety, but I was pretty nervous to watch the episode since I wasn't there to support you this time around and I knew the kids would tease you. Which they did! Oh Minseok, it was hilarious when they made you do all of Hyesung sunbae's variety dances!”

Luhan is grabbing at his jacket as he bends over while walking due to his laughing fit. Minseok pouts and rolls his eyes, careful not to let the cameras behind them capture his face. Luhan's embarrassing laughter mug will have to be enough to sate their fans on this fine morning.

“It wasn't that funny, Lu ge. Besides, that kind of stuff is what everyone must brace themselves for when doing variety. I know it by now.”

Luhan can't the hint to stop teasing Minseok and continues once his chuckles finally allow him to breathe normally again: “Ah! And your reaction to Tao and Sehun! The managers have told us to try to pretend as if it's nothing, you know?” Luhan whispers the last sentence but the tone of jest never leaves his voice. “Although the way Sehun approached that photo of bare Shinhwa members was a more obvious tell than either your or Jongin's reaction!” Luhan, having swung his arm across Minseok's shoulders, is now quietly laughing right into his ear.

Sometimes Minseok wonders why Tao and Sehun's relationship makes Luhan so happy. His pondering always ends with the assumption that not being thought of as Sehun's girly boyfriend helps Luhan think he can boost his 'manly man' image. Although shipping two twinks as hard as Luhan does hardly makes him seem masculine in Minseok's opinion.

“Yahoo! We're here!” Luhan celebrates as the familiar window of their favorite neighborhood café comes into sight. The fans will begin to gather outside while they're waiting for their orders – they always do, thanks to the Internet. A few brave ones will step inside the café, more hardcore shippers of “XiuHan” may already be waiting for them indoors with their phones ready to snap some candids. Minseok takes a deep breath the moment Luhan opens the door for the two of them and all worries about invasion of privacy quickly disappear. This not only makes his morning but his entire day.

The dark and robust French roast with its unique bittersweet feeling, Dominican coffee beans roasted to bring out their tones of chocolate and ripe tropical fruit, a Nicaraguan blend bursting with notes of hazelnut and sour strawberries... A piece of heaven only three blocks from the dorm – Minseok's mood improves in an instant.

“Morning! Two cappuccinos to go, please,” Luhan places their order at the counter where a barista writes it down. He places his elbow on the counter and leans against it, watching the barista work on their drinks.

Minseok pats his pockets to locate his wallet but each pocket turns out to be empty, aside from the pocket of his jacket where his phone is. “O-oh...”

“What is it?” Luhan asks, turning to look at Minseok.

“I forgot my wallet at the dorm. Would you mind treating me?” Minseok smiles and opens his eyes really wide in an attempt to win Luhan over with cuteness.

“Nuh-uh,” Luhan scoffs, clearly amused. “Looks like I'll be having two cappuccinos today. Maybe I'll even throw in one of those scrumptious looking cupcakes, diet be damned.” The smirk on Luhan's face is bordering on annoying and the fans are picking up on the fact that something is going on.

“Luhan, come on...” Minseok pleas in a low, quiet voice as he gets closer to Luhan, “I really need a pick-me-up right now. If you can afford to buy all that Givenchy, you can afford to buy me a cup of coffee just this once.”

“Let me think about it...” Luhan teases as the shutter sounds around them become more frequent due to their physical closeness.

It's early and Minseok really needs his coffee.

So he decides to give the fans something to post on the web about.

After all, wouldn't his newly gained variety skills be going to waste if he didn't make the most of them?

Minseok is staring Luhan square in the eye and ignoring the screams and squeals around them as he places the index finger of his right hand between his lips while his legs and wiggle up and down and his left index finger takes turns pointing at the barista finishing up their drinks and the glass counter filled with cupcakes.

In a matter of seconds, Luhan's face is bright red and he is reaching his arms out toward Minseok in an attempt to make his fellow 90-liner stop what he is doing. His mouth is stuttering out syllables in a jumbled mess and his body is squirming in its place next to the counter. Minseok stills his movements, a bright smile on his face. The fans sound like they're about to burst.

Luhan pulls the hood of the sweatshirt he's wearing underneath his jacket over his head as far as it goes, effectively hiding his face from the cameras.

“Fine,” he says, quiet and visibly defeated. “I'll treat you today. But you'll have to promise me never to do that again when we're in public.” Minseok doesn't see the pout, the red cheeks or the knitted brows but from Luhan's voice alone, he can tell they're there, right under the hood.

“And you have to promise me you'll finally post a photo of us on Instagram,” Luhan continues, “I posted a photo of us in June and you still haven't done it even though you said you would.”

Minseok leans over to grab his to-go cup and Luhan's cupcake from the counter and whispers into the Chinese boy's ear: “I promise to do it if you'll perform the Buy Me That dance for me when we get back to the dorms.”

Minseok can see Luhan's Adam's apple bob but Luhan says nothing to him, just takes his cup from the counter, asks the barista for another cupcake and swipes his credit card to complete the purchase. He then follows Minseok out, completely silent.

The sounds of fans talking to each other and snapping photos fill the air on the way back to the dorms. Minseok sips on his cappuccino and occasionally turns to look at Luhan. Luhan is facing forward, his hood still covering his face. By the time they reach the dorm building, the screaming around them intensifies and staff members arrive outside the building to make sure they safely get in.

Ten minutes after Minseok and Luhan have arrived, Jongdae and Yixing are sitting in the living room of their dorm, confused about the noises coming from Minseok and Luhan's room. It sounds a lot like Minseok was cooing and howling in laughter at the same time.

Mere seconds later, Sehun gently elbows Tao in the arm in a quiet breakfast place a few streets down from the SM Building to get his focus on Sehun's phone and the news that Minseok has finally updated his Instagram.

For the entire week that follows, Luhan feels cheated over the fact that the photo Minseok posted didn't even show his face.

 


A/N: It's been a while since I posted this fic but recently I've noticed people have been taking an interest in this little crack piece and I feel really appreciated and flattered. ^^ A really big thank you to Xiu26min, twerking-xiumin and luhanfics for recommending this fic on Tumblr! ❤ Your support really warms my heart! (If someone was directed here by a blog that isn't one of the three already mentioned, please let me know so I can thank them, too.)

If you enjoyed this piece, you might also like I don't know your name but I remember how you feel.