Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?

Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIKQqvt-sWM

{To "enhance" your reading, I have a link to the song that inspired me to write this oneshot :) }


Ugh. School. That one word just seriously kills me. We're in the last month of school, but guess what teachers are doing? They're giving us tests like there is no tomorrow. It was already 11 pm and I'm barely studying for my test tomorrow.

"I swear, why do I always leave things to the last minute?" I mutter to myself as I flip my textbook to chapter 12, the last chapter of the book. I scratched my head as I started to take notes for the test. I let out a sigh, and then is interrupted by a vibrate from my phone. It was my best friend, Taehyung. I guess you could call him my best friend. Because I love him SO much, I pick up.
"What do you want?" I immidiately say as I raise the phone to my right ear. I lean my head onto my left palm.
"Heeeeey," he says and chuckles.
"Jesus Christ Taehyung," I respond, "Don't effing tell me-"
"I'm with the boys, Jiminnnnn say hi," he says laughing and I could hear laughter in the background. I hear Jimin's high pitched laughter.
"Annyeeoonnnngggg Minah," he says, and even more laughter. Are you kidding me?
"Hey, Taehyung, ugh, I mean Jimin, put the phone on Tae," I say rubbing my forehead.
"Arassssooo, Minah, Tae says he loves youuuu, HAHAHA," Jimin says and again, his high-pitched laughter is all I hear from the phone.
"Yah, Minah, don't listen to him, what did you want to tell me?" he asks in a bit more of a calmer voice.
"I'm trying to study for that test-" I start to say.
"CRAP," he says and then giggles. I'm pretty sure Jimin was doing something stupid. And I just thought he was starting to calm down.
"What? I'm trying to study right now-" I try to say but get interrupted.
"I forgot about it," and I hear him whine to the phone, "Can you pick me up pleaseee? I'm only like 10 minutes away Kwon Minah-ssi." I sigh.
"Can you get someone else to do it? I'm trying to really study," I say to the phone, switching the phone to my left hand. I hear him sigh. Ugh.
"Alright fine," I say and sigh.
"Thank you Minahhhh," he says, "I'm at Jimin's okaaaaay?"
" off Taehyung, I'm on my way," I say and hang up. I shake my head and ask, why do I always give in. I get up, throw on a coat, grab my keys, and make my way out.

It took less than 10 minutes to get to Jimin's. But, honestly all I thought about was the test and why exactly I gave in. It's always been like this. As much as I hated the title, I felt like I was his, "driver" whenever he got high or drunk. It was because of those ing girls in middle school. Always has been, it was like I was in some kind of ing movie. They made fun of me every single day, every single day, and guess who was there to be there for me? Taehyung. I laugh about what those girls said now but at the same time I can never thank them enough for letting me meet someone like Taehyung who always stood up for me when I didn't stand up for myself, BUT at the same time I still hate them because now look who I'm stuck with. After making it to Jimin's and having one hell of a pointless conversation, I finally pick up Taehyung, and we were on my way back to my house. I didn't even bother dropping him to his house because he had always preferred being at my house.
"Minah-ssi, thank you again, okaaaay," he says laughing on the passengers seat. He tried sitting up straight but always ended up slouching down.
"Whatever," I say. He looks out the window. He laughs to himself.
"Why are you laughing?" I ask him, trying to make atleast one decent conversation with him.
"Nothing," he says and smiles at me with his cheeky grins. I look at him and there it is. I give in, again.
"Sometimes I just don't get how you do it," I say to him and let out a small smile.

Once we got to my house, we sat side by side on my bed. I had the textbook open on my lap as Taehyung leaned his head on my shoulder, using his phone.
"Yah, I thought you were gonna study," I say to him. I face him and feel his hair tickling my chin. I still couldn't believe he dyed his hair orange, but for some reason, it matched him. He held out his phone and I saw the camera facing us.
"Say gwiyomi," he says holding a peace sign. I sigh, because I knew he was going to upload this so I put on a fake smile. He giggles as he reviews the photo and shows me.
"We're cute," and there he goes holding out the phone again. But right after, there I see him uploading it, see told ya so.

After about 15 minutes, of complete silence, I can feel Taehyung getting heavier as he still leaned his head on my shoulder. He was falling asleep, but yet he couldn't shut up.
"Minah-ssi, let me borrow your notes tomorrow, okay," he says and crosses his arms. I see him closing his eyes.
"Ugh, Yah, Taehyung-ssi-" I start to say, trying to pull away but he turns his body to me and rests there. He slings his arm over my stomach, covering half of the textbook. He lets out a sigh of comfort and digs his head just below my shoulder. I sigh.
"Taehyung, what happened to you?" I ask him. I can feel him breathing onto my sweater. I put my arm up and pet his hair like he was a cat.
"Hmm?" he asks me.
"You were such a good student in middle school," I start to say, "Then you're like this."
"Like hmm?" he says slowly. He was starting to fall asleep.
"You were student's inspiration, now look at you," I sigh, "Always getting high with Jimin or Hoseok."
"Minah-ssi, you don't think I know that?" he says in a tired but calm, deep voice. I wasn't expecting that kind of response, though. I stay quiet for a minute. I his hair. We sat there for serveral minutes. I began to flip through the text book again. After about 20 minutes, Taehyung wakes up and turns to the other side. Finally, I think to myself and stretch. I see his phone next to me. Checking what time it is, I open his phone. His lockscreen picture was the picture we took earlier. I smile a bit at the sight. It was 2:00 AM. I was only half way done studying. I sigh and get up to get ready to go to bed.

Great, I had a sleeping Taehyung and I still wasn't finished studying. Deciding to leave it for tomorrow, I change and wash up. I wake up Taehyung.
"Yah, sleep on the couch, I'm sleeping here," I say poking him. He looks at me with a bothered expression. I point to the couch that was across my room. He blinks and makes his way to the couch. With a satisfied feeling, I turn off the lights and plop onto my bed. After 15 minutes of darkness, I still couldn't sleep because I was so stressted.
"Minah-ssi?" I hear him say. What now?
"I love you," he says. I blink. Wait, what?
"Thank you for everything," he adds. He clears his throat.
"Are you even awake?" I hear him say. I don't answer.
"Ugh, well good thing you're not, this is embarassing," he says. I smile.
"I'll try again tomorrow, ing Jimin was right, he knows you don't do these lovey-dovey things," he says but laughs. I hear the couch squeak as if he was turning from side to side on the couch. I smile.
"Aish," he says in a frustrated tone, "It's too hot." Then he sighs.
"Yah, listen well if you're still awake," he starts to say but then whines, "Am I just embarassing myself? Am I talking to myself?" This weirdo. I guess he's not as high as he was anymore.
"Let me practice for tomorrow," he clears his throat and makes his voice deeper, "Look, Kwon Minah-ssi, I like you a lot, okay. I'm sorry I always go to you to pick me up, but-. No, too cheesy. What's poppin Minah-ssi? You're my Miss Right- No, I sound like Namjoon. Minah-ssi, I like you okay." He sighs. But then giggles to himself.
"How can someone like me like you?" he says. Did he just-? I hold myself in from yelling. He laughs.
"Minah-ssi is a babo," he says. Are you kidding-? I am so close to just-
"I guess she's not awake, she would attack me if she was," he says to himself.
"Goodnight Minah-ssi," he says and I hear the couch squeak one last time. I smile to myself. Goodnight Taehyung, you lil sh*t.