Songs

Before The Worst
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Is dying this hard?

 

He was coughing hard, so hard that patches of blood come out of his trembling lips mixing with his saliva and tears. He closed his eyes as tears lazily slips out from his eyes. He's tired. Just dead tired of all this pain. He coughed again and this time a sob escaped his lips. It hurt so ing much.

 

"We can do this tomorrow Sungmin, now please just rest" Kyuhyun begged and patted Sungmin's back thinking that with that he can somehow pull some of his pain and soothe the hurt inside.

 

Sungmin shook his head fervently. No, just no. They can’t cancel today's activity. It's much more special and important than that of resting. There's no way he'll let this chance slip off. "Sungmin you need to rest, if you insist on this you might as well die today"

 

Sungmin pulled Kyuhyun's shirt, he just can't do this and no, they won't cancel it. His disease took away everything, but please not this one as well. His eyes bloodshot and determined. "I'll die today if you stop me from doing this Kyu" his smile was wobbly but he tried hard. "Please Kyu, don't do this to me"

 

Kyuhyun swallowed thickly, his throat hurting suddenly and his defenses slowly dissolving. Why is dying so hard? Isn't it enough that sooner or later it would have to take Sungmin. "I'm not going to let you die"

 

And with those words, the two of them continue their way to the old rundown restaurant, where they held their first date 3 years ago.

 

"Are you okay now Ming?" he asked, worried that which the other answered with a nod and a small smile. His lover's face still looks weak, but his eyes were strong.

 

"Let's go inside then"

 

***

 

Back to the past...

 

Sungmin consciously straightens his pink shirt as he sees the approaching figure of his boyfriend, Kyuhyun. He looks at his feet to hide the blush that slowly creeps on his cheeks and to calm his raging heart. Cho Kyuhyun’s to die for, in his own opinion of course and for goodness he died a thousand times already. He died and Cho Kyuhyun brought him to life.

 

“Hey baby” Kyuhyun leans in to peck Sungmin’s cheek and to brush the strand of hair covering his bunny’s pretty face.

 

“Kyu” Sungmin looks up meeting Kyuhyun’s eyes and smiles before returning his eyes on his feet. “Do I look okay?”

 

Kyuhyun chuckles grabbing Sungmin’s hand and squeezing it gently. “You look perfect baby, trust me” he pressed his lips on Sungmin’s hair before taking a step and holding the door. “Let’s go in now and I have something special for you”

 

Sungmin followed Kyuhyun inside the bar and he obediently takes in every instruction he was making. Kyuhyun planned everything and there’s no way that he's ruining it.

 

He was asked to stay in his place in the center of the bar, as Kyuhyun will have to get his surprise. He waited patiently and was stunned to see Kyuhyun on stage. He looks handsome from up there.

 

Kyuhyun breathes deeply before doing a heart sign and smiling at Sungmin. He then signals the pianist to start before he get hold of the microphone and start singing.

 

It's his hair and his eyes today

That just simply take me away

And the feeling that I'm falling further in lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter