Making Choices (Part 1)

The Wonder Kid
Three days after summer vacation commenced was the day that Ho Won would be making his trip to Seoul and auditioning at Woollim, not that his parents knew that's what he was doing. Oh no, they were under the impression that that he was off to look at college campuses in Seoul and that Sara was accompanying him as a counselor in finding the college for him.  He felt a little guilty, but he knew his parents would never let him go.
 
Sara's company on this trip was a must. Although she had given up on dancing and HoWon had, to a small extent, accepted that, she was always there to cheer for him at competitions and showcases. She supported his dancing so much that as an early birthday present she had sent in all the footage she had taken of Ho Won's dances and sent them to Woollim where her favorite band and rap group were signed.  It was also where Mae Ri was signed as a broadcaster and it made it easier for Sara to get the footage accepted. Thanks to her he had gotten an audition and he needed her by his side to see it through.

As they rode the train up to Seoul they talked through the routine that Ho Won would do. When they finished and the train was passing through an empty country side they enjoyed the view of the fields and flowers. Without thinking Ho Won had taken Sara's hand in his own and held it gently. Sara looked down in surprise. "You're holding my hand again?" She questioned.
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"You haven't held my hand since the first day of school," she laughed, "now that we're away from everyone it's okay for you to hold my  hand?" She raised her eyebrow and joked with him but his face was serious.
 
"I'm sorry. The truth is... back then when I held your hand I felt really weird. Like it wasn't the same hand i'd been holding for 10 years. It was different.. we were different."
 
"So what changed now that you can suddenly hold my hand again?"
 
"I realized why it felt weird." Ho Won braced himself for his confession. He had thought about it ever since he found out that she sent in his dance footage. He had decided that on this trip he would confess to her, he would tell her how much he liked her and how much she means to him romantically not just as his best friend. "You see I woke up one day and realized something about you or maybe me, well I guess it's us really-"
 
"I like you too." The world stopped. Ho Won stopped and starred at Sara. She had just told him that she liked him back. This entire time  he was trying to find a way to make his confession convincing to her and all he had to say was I like you. Those words had more impact than any speech he could have come up with. "Wonnie???? Are you in there?" She waved her hand in front of his face.
 
"Ummm... uhhh... what???" He almost yelled out.
 
"Shhhh you big idiot! I said I like you too. I mean that is what you were trying to say right? If not then this got really awkward really fast." She laughed and offered him a lopsided grin.
 
"Yeah! Yeah that's what I was trying to say! It's just... you kind of caught me off guard there you know..."
 
"Yeah I know." She leaned back in her chair and brought their linked hand to her lips. She gave his hand a gentle kiss before laughing at his bewildered expression. She closed her eyes and pretended to sleep but he wouldn't have any of it.
 
"Don't act like your sleeping Sara. I want to know when."
 
"When what you crazy?"
 
"When you started liking me?"
 
"Hmmmmm it would have to be when we were 13 years old and you told me that no matter what we'd always be there for each other." She looked so calm about everything, but on the inside she was freaking out. Ho Won was always so focused on either police academy or dancing that she just never considered the possibility that his mind would even wander over to the thought of liking her. "You know it's suppose to be the girl that freaks out because of the confession."
 
"Well we've never really been conventional in those gender roles have we?" They both laughed and held on to eachother's hands tightly. Resting her head on his shoulder, Sara really did drift off to sleep. She was followed closely by Ho Won who placed his head on the top of hers and inhaled the scent of her strawberry scented shampoo.  The rest of the ride was peaceful and they reached the station near Woollim.
 
They decided to go out to eat before but Ho Won was to excited to taste anything. He just sat across from Sara as she slurped up her cold noodles and dipped kimchi in the broth. "You sure you don't want to eat a bit of it? It tastes really good."
 
"Is my girlfriend worried about me?" He teased when she turned red.
 
"Oh shut up before I change my mind and break up with you after only 2 hours of dating." She stuffed her cheeks with noodles and he grinned at how cute she looked.  Once they ate they walked to Woollim and once they were at the entrance Ho Won froze up.
 
"I don't think I can do this." He breathed out.
 
"Of course you can! Ho Won they called you to come in and audition. You've been working on your dancing and you picked out a great rap. You'll do fine and if not then it doesn't matter. I've got like 30 copies of your competition footage at home and the addresses of every entertainment agency in Seoul. Don't worry." She placed her hands on his shoulders and looked him straight in the eyes. She was about to send him off with a "hwaiting" but his lips suddenly landed on top of her own. It was quick and shy but definitely brave at the same time, especially considering they were on the sidewalk in broad daylight. A couple of ajummah's tsk'd as they walked by and Ho Won parted.
 
"That's ten times more luck bringing then a "hwaiting." I'll be back soon as a trainee alright!" He yelled back at her as he ran inside the building. Sara stood shocked before scoffing.
 
"When did that dork become so cool?" She muttered before smiling and biting her lips. 
 
Once inside Ho won was ushered into the waiting room until his name was called. Everything that he had been waiting for was there at his finger tips, or toes rather. "Lee Ho Won?"
 
His name was called out and he let out a deep sigh before going into the audition hall.