one

// unknown //

Kyungsoo breathed in the warm scent of the sun as it bared down against his skin, painting patterns of glowing light on his pale flesh. Today had seemed like such a nice day for a walk in the forest, a day of peace and quiet. As he began his journey through the twisting branches of the trees, Kyungsoo's mind began to clear, all his stress seemingly gone and forgotten in the haze of the smell or pine and moss. With a quiet sigh, he stopped and closed his eyes, standing in the damp vegetation. His eyes burst right back open as he heard a small rustle carrying to his ears with the wind. Kyungsoo gently tiptoed behind a tree and looked out into a patch of sun, gasping as his vision cleared, the black spots that previously danced before him fading away. 



In the little clearing was a boy, crouched over what seemed to be a string. His hair was jet black, hanging in a thick, straight line, silky bangs shielding his eyes from view. His skin was white, shimmering in the rays of sun and casting faint sparkles on the surrounding trees. Fingers that deftly moved, the bones thin and long, seemingly stretched for ages as he tended to the string. Kyungsoo now realized that it was a chain of flowers, the blossoms faintly pink, much like the boy's lips. The boy suddenly turned his head, and Kyungsoo nearly screamed with a start. His eyes were glowing silver, the light catching them just so. At the end of his tiny ears was a point as they stuck up erectly, reaching for the sky. 



He didn't know what to do now, the trees blew in the breeze, the sound like faint whispering. What if the boy noticed him? Then what was his plan? To run away? 



As if he'd read Kyungsoo's mind, the boy's lips slowly moved. "Don't run away." 

The sound was smooth, a tinkling bell, and it made Kyungsoo feel at ease. Despite his looks, the boy's voice was all soft, curved lines, harshly contrasting with his jawline and intimidating eyes. 



"Please, don't go," he spoke again, suddenly taking a graceful step closer, his bare toes skimming the underbrush. 



"Who are you?" Kyungsoo managed to get out. He couldn't stop staring at the being before him, his beauty was captivating in every way. The slight taper at the edge of his nose, the light blush that dappled his cheeks. 



"Byun Baekhyun."

Baekhyun cocked his head to the side, studying Kyungsoo with apparent fascination and wonder. "What are you, exactly?" He fluted, curiosity shining in his milky depths.



"I'm human," Kyungsoo replied cautiously.  "What...are you?" 



"A fairy," Baekhyun giggled, smiling brightly, his eyes curving into tiny half moons. Deep laugh lines stood out proudly against his milky skin.



The other man  in a deep breath as he laughed. Fairies were not real, he'd been taught, just a thing of fairy tales and sometimes horror stories. Of course, every child dreamed of princes saving princesses and magical fairies granting wishes in return for favors. Kyungsoo was no exception to this, as he'd certainly spent time with his head in the clouds, thinking of stories to tell to his grandparents when he visted them. But eventually, kids grow up and learn that such things don't exist. 



Kyungsoo simply stood in place, his heels digging into the squishy dirt, eyes fixated on Baekhyun.  



"Are you alright?" The fey boy asked, his gaze becoming worried and confused. He reached out a delicate hand to Kyungsoo, who stared wide-eyed at the sudden approach. "Is it...okay if I touch you?" Baekhyun murmered, looking into the opposite's eyes with his own. The silver orbs that seemed to see into his soul and far beyond. "I've never touched a human before."



Kyungsoo breathed out through his nostrils. "Go ahead." 



Slowly, Baekhyun's fingers rested against Kyungsoo's chest. He slipped them down, feeling the soft cotton of his white t-shirt, picking up the hem and rubbing it gently. He moved on to poke the fat on Kyungsoo's arm, and grasped his wrist, fingers wrapping securely around the skin there. 



Baekhyun breathed a small gasp. His hands were so cold, Kyungsoo guessed he was shocked by his warmth. 



"Why are you so hot?" He whispered, eyes wide.



"Well...I have blood inside of me, heating up my body," the human replied. 



The fairy's face twisted in confusion. "What's blood?" He inquired, sounding like a small child. 



"Blood is a liquid," Kyungsoo said quietly. "It flows through human's bodies. It circulates in our veins and helps keep us warm and lets in oxygen, so we don't die."



He could clearly see Baekhyun's veins under his skin. They seemed to be a silver shade, like his eyes. 



"When we are cut deep enough, sometimes we bleed,"he added.



"Oh," Baekhyun breathed. "I've never seen blood before."



"Don't fairies bleed?" 



"No. As soon as we are cut, we heal. Like nothing ever even happened."



Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun, who was pressing little indents into his arm. In a quick movement, he brought his hand up to Kyungsoo's face and touched his hair, petting it gingerly with an expression of awe. The one being touchd stood still, allowing the other to inspect him throughly. He moved his stick-like fingers down, dragging them along his nose bridge and landing on Kyungsoo's lips, lightly probing them with his pads. 



"You're pretty," Baekhyun smiled and small smile. 



"O-oh, thank you," Kyungsoo said, flustered. His cheeks grew red and hot as he blushed furiously from the sudden compliment.  

Baekhyun's oil-like black hair blew in the wind as stepped a little closer to Kyungsoo. 



"I like you. Can you stay here with me?" He asked abruptly.  



The latter moved a back a bit in surprise. "Baekhyun, I'm sorry but...I don't think I could..." he could see sadness in the fey's eyes. 



"Well...can I go with you?" He looked at Kyungsoo with innocence,  asking as if they'd known each other for years. 



"B-baekhyun...I...are you..."



Baekhyun looked at him with a slight pleading expression. 



Kyungsoo closed his eyes and let out a sigh. "Okay," he agreed quietly. 



The other boy clapped and smiled brighter, his eyes becoming crescents again. 



Kyungsoo took his hand and led him up towards his home, Baekhyun happily skipping behind him and letting his fingers trail against the trees and their leaves. The soft blades of grass tickled his bare feet, make him laugh and smiling widely. Kyungsoo looked back at him and noticed how his mouth formed a rectangular shape when he grinned, his cheeks puffing up and eyes becoming slim. Seeing Baekhyun so happy made him smile, too, as he allowed the fairy to run over to a flower that had been trampled and try to pick it back up. He pulled at the fragile petals, attempting to brush dirt off the flowering blossoms, but nothing could help it. Baekhyun sat back in the grass and pouted. 



"C'mon, Baek," Kyungsoo said, in an act to cheer him up. Baekhyun looked at him with round, saucer-like eyes at this new nickname he'd had bestowed upon him. Nevertheless,  it made him smile once again and he carefully stretched his hand outward to take Kyungsoo's.  The human felt his cold palm against his and pulled him up, leading him out of the forest and back to his home. 

hi everyone. i'm back~ i know i'm supposed to be working on a couple of other fics and trust me, i am, they're just taking a while and i'm not getting any ideas but i'm not going to leave them, i promise. but i got the idea for this fic in  my head a little while ago, but never actually got to writing it down. so, here it is. i hope you all show love for this story like you have with my others~