Fresh New Start

1LDK
Please log in to read the full chapter
  Chapter One While Chanyeol is excited about his new apartment,
Baekhyun is thrilled about tonight's party in Gangnam.  

Chanyeol was in love. Whether it’s the tall, sophisticated glass window that captured the beautiful night scenery of the busy streets of Seoul, like an alluring photograph, or the scent of lemon and green tea filling every corners of the room, Chanyeol was definitely, and with no doubt, in love with his new apartment. The tall, young man breathed in the scent of his new apartment as he took a seat on the living room's sofa. The room smelled of luscious lemon and green tea from the pale green room diffuser he received as a gift from his girlfriend, Nayoung. He had just finished cleaning the previously dusty apartment, now all he needed to do was to unpack his stuff from the sealed brown boxes. Moving was such a chore, he thought to himself. Being the procrastinator he is, Chanyeol decided to unpack later, since the cleaning process took longer than expected and he was hungry from skipping his lunch.

Still fixed on his position like a couch potato, he grabbed his phone from his left jeans pocket and scanned through his phone’s notifications for any missed calls or messages. He received few cute and missing-you messages from Nayoung, and one from his best friend Jongin, who lived in the same apartment complex as he is now.

It read:

“Done moving, hyung? Let’s go grab dinner tonight to celebrate us being neighbors~ kekeke. Just come when you’re ready. You know my room number, right? – 3:34 PM”

After replying to Nayoung, Chanyeol checked the clock on his phone’s home screen. 6:50 PM, just the perfect time for dinner. Lazily, he dragged his weight toward his bedroom to get a change of white t-shirt and a black snapback to hide his unstyled hair. He finished his look with a watch he bought using his third paycheck from his part time job as a café barista, and spraying some cologne to make himself smell good, despite missing the shower. When he thought he looked decent, he texted Jongin back.

“On my way. I’m really starving, and craving for meat. – 7:01 PM”

The boy grinned while walking towards the main entrance and grabbing a pair of black sneakers as he imagined his friend running around trying to get ready before he comes. 202, was it? He tried to recall Jongin’s room number. He remembered that Jongin lives just one floor below him, but he's not sure of the number. The latter had told him yesterday at school during lunch, but Chanyeol was just too busy flirting with his beautiful girlfriend to care. He double checked for his wallet, phone and keys before finally opening the door.

 

When he finally stepped outside, Chanyeol was greeted by the chilly night breeze, and a view of the city from his apartment's hallway, something he's still not used to yet. Chanyeol liked that his apartment's hallway was out in the open, not enclosed by bricks and wallpapers. He could lean onto the railing and feel the breeze when he felt like it, or enjoy the morning sun before his daily jogging routine. Even now, he could see the stars decorate the beautiful city, hear the faint noises of the busy streets and even smell the mouth-watering scent coming from the restaurants just beneath his apartment. Chanyeol appreciated little things like these.

When he turned to proceed to the elevator, his eyes caught the sight of a short man’s back, with dyed brown hair that complimented his pale neck. The man was wearing everything black with a bit of gold, not so much color but very eye-catching at least to Chanyeol. From behind, Chanyeol could see that the guy was wearing a black leather jacket with gold zipper and a gold patch on the back that says 'BORN FREE', a plain black jeans and really, really cool boots. The guy was fumbling with his keys, trying to lock the door next to Chanyeol’s, with a phone pinned between his shoulder and ear.

He must be my neighbor. Chanyeol thought excitedly, hoping to get a glimpse of his face.

“Yea, yea, yea. Can you please just shut up? I’m on my way, alright? Stop nagging, you little .” The small man said to the phone, obviously irritated. 

Chanyeol chuckled. He was not sure why, but something about his neighbor made him smile. Maybe it's because everything about his neighbor was just so... Contradicting. It's how soft his voice was, yet he cursed so naturally that Chanyeol felt intimated by him. It's how small his figure was, like a young boy, yet he dressed so stunningly fierce and fashionably on point (at least, more than all the fashionable boys Chanyeol know too) that Chanyeol felt embarassed by his messy, 5 minutes look. 

The boy hung up the phone with a small groan. With a push of all the little confidence he

Please log in to read the full chapter