(2/2) not now, not ever.

we're always under the same sky

Luhan does see Bomi later, four days later in fact, after numerous phone calls and text messages, countless exchanges of ‘I love you’s and ‘I miss you’s, and plenty of wishing on the stars and staring at the moon hoping that the other was looking up at the same scenery despite the one hour difference between them and the busy schedule.

After those what seemed like an eternity four days, Luhan finally sees his girl in person and he’s shocked; too shocked, even, because it’s been a long time since he’s seen her and he had to pinch himself to make his brain realize and take in the fact that it was the Yoon Bomi, his Yoon Bomi standing in front of him, in their dorm, with a huge smile on her face.

Luhan sensed amusement in the way her eyes twinkled, and he wonders how wide his mouth was opening and how low his jaw was hanging at that exact moment. He can’t seem to close it because he really was too shocked.

“So,” her smile, if possible, grows even bigger and the gleam in her eyes makes his heart swoon. “Are you just going to stand there or are you –“

In one giant step, Luhan closes the gap between them and hugs her tightly; tighter than he’s hug anyone before. He closes his eyes and just succumbs to the scent of her perfume and to the smell of her hair; strawberry and lemon, such a fruity mix.

At first, Bomi laughs and tries to hug back, but he’s squeezing the life out of her with each passing second that it gets harder for her to breathe. She wheezes out:“Whoa, jeez, you’re killing me, Han.” But she’s still laughing, and her laugh is like a melody to his ears.

In his eyes, are tears forming and he’s embarrassed to the bones because how many times has he said he’s a man? Enough to make him embarrassed for crying in front of his girl after such a long time of not seeing her.

But he thinks it’s worth it, that she’s worth it.

“What’re you – what’re you –“

“I snuck in,” she says, winking. Bomi wraps her arms around his neck and he drops his heavy bags on the wooden floor with a thud. She grins at that. “The boys, your boys, they really love us don’t they?”

Luhan, at first, knits his eyebrows together in confusion thinking; what do you mean? But then realization hits him like a wave and suddenly, all these things started making sense and started clicking together.

The boys’ weird behavior before, during and after the flight this morning, how Bomi wouldn’t reply to his messages, how Sehun and Jongin looked at him with weird smiles on their faces as Baekhyun tells him to go to the dorm first, and Luhan being Luhan, he agreed.

And he’s glad that he did.

He laughs, then shakes his head because he couldn’t believe it. How could they pull this off behind his back? Luhan doesn’t really know. “Well, I guess they do.”

Bomi laughs lightly too just when he snakes his arms around her waist, bringing her closer to him. “I’m sorry I couldn’t reply to your messages, I was filming.”

“Variety?”

“Yes, Weekly Idol.”

He smiles, pleased. “You’re back on the show?”

“I never really left,” she says, laughing.

“I hope the hyungs treated you well today,”

“Oh,” she traces patterns on his cheeks with her thumb, and it tickles, but he doesn’t mind. “They did. Shooting was much fun this time, Hyungdon was really hyper today and so was Ilhoon –“

“Ilhoon?” and suddenly, he feels his own self stiffen and go rigid.

Bomi feels this too, and she sighs before he could say anything. “Lu –“

“Are you –“

“Luhan, no. I told you,” Bomi doesn’t want their moment to be ruined, he can tell that by the look she has on her face. He tries so hard, for her and for them, to tone down his attitude but sometimes he just can’t help it. Especially when it’s about her rumored ‘lover’. “We’re just good friends, alright? He’s a hoobae, and mind you, you’re one too, but Ilhoon is different. He’s like a younger brother to –“

“How many times have you said that already?”

“Apparently not enough for you to understand,”

Luhan is stunned, only for two seconds, because he forgets how sassy Bomi’s remarks can be, and although he misses it, he’s still annoyed by it because she’s so quick-witted and sharp-tongued that it makes him frustrated at his slow brain. “But –“

“Sshh,” a warm pair of lips is on his the next millisecond, and he’s surprised. She totally caught him off guard and it shows because he stumbles backward at first and shakily places his hands on her hips again. Moreover, his eyes are wide open and his lips, unmoving. But then he starts feeling it, a fuzzy and warm feeling in the pit of stomach. Slowly, he closes his eyes and succumbs to the sensation of the kiss they’re sharing.

He kisses back, and he swears he feels Bomi smile against his lips when he did. Her arms tighten around his neck, and her fingers are tangled with his hair and he’s lying if he says it doesn’t drive him crazy, that she doesn’t drive him crazy.

She’s saying something, and he’s out of breath but he doesn’t want to stop kissing her, not when he hasn’t seen her for so long and especially not when they’re alone like this.

But oxygen is important, and they part each other for it, Bomi kisses his cheek and he feels himself smiling directly after. “My roo –“

“I told Junmyeon no funny business,” she goes onto her tiptoes and whisper those words on his ear. “The boys gave us thirty minutes, you know.”

“Thirty minutes of what?”

“Of catching up apparently,”

Luhan lets go and so does Bomi, he bites down on his bottom lip before taking her hand and leading her to his shared room with Sehun and Kai. Like a gentleman, he opens the door for her and she goes along, curtsying before she enters.

They both laugh, and Luhan is genuinely happy. He misses this – her, them – because he’s been so busy and she’s been busier that they don’t even have time to send simple texts sometimes. But now, she’s here, smiling at him and sitting at his bed, and he doesn’t mind one bit because this was his Yoon Bomi. He’ll do anything for Yoon Bomi.

“I don’t really let anyone sit on my bed, you know,” he says sternly, closing the door behind him but not really locking it, he doesn’t want the boys to think of some other things, especially childish Baekhyun or too-serious-of-an-idol Junmyeon.

“But I’m sitting now,” Bomi says, grinning broadly. Luhan only rolls his eyes, but doesn’t say anything more, he only sits beside her with an arm around her shoulder. “Are you tired from the flight?”

“Mhm,”

“Want to rest first?” her thumb is on his cheek again, drawing patterns on his soft skin and it doesn’t tickle this time.

Luhan shakes his head, truthful. “No, it’s okay.”

“Why don’t you take a nap?”

“Would you still be there if I wake up?”

A genuine smile finds its way on her face, and suddenly in his eyes, Bomi looks tired too. “Of course. I’ll be right here,”

Luhan lies down, and Bomi follows after him. Although his bed was soft and made, he still felt uncomfortable lying down with pants and a leather jacket, but with Bomi beside him, her hair smelling so good and her body so close to his, he figured it’d be alright.

“You know,” she turns towards him, and he does the same, so now they’re faces are only inches apart and Bomi has to look up to meet his eyes. “We’re going to do another reality show, and you did it before.”

“Eh?”

“Showtime,”

Luhan smiles. “Oh, really? You’re going to do showtime?”

She nods. “Yup, in a few weeks or so, I’m not sure. But I’m really excited, Han.”

“You should be, it’s a great opportunity for you and APink.”

“I know,” she giggles, and she sounds so cute, so innocent and so adorable that he’s more than sure that if only they weren’t bounded by all these rules and limitations and trapped in this idol world, he would’ve longed asked for her hand in marriage.

Bomi, who’s always been there by his side.

Bomi, who’s never really failed in making him smile.

Bomi, who’s not afraid to tell him what she feels.

Bomi, who’s confident and strong and brave.

Bomi, who’s funnier than all the girls he’s met.

Bomi, who is just the epitome of perfection.

Bomi, who Luhan really loves. A lot.

Her finger pokes his cheek, and at the same time, poking him out of his long train of thoughts. “Is something bothering you?”

He blinks, looking at her one second, then smiling widely the next. “Nothing,”

Bomi doesn’t believe him, it shows on the expression on her face but before she could ask, he hugs her, tighter and more sincere than before. Bomi laughs, and it’s airy and carefree and it’s so her that it makes him want to hold onto her tighter, longer, because he doesn’t want to let go; not when he’s fallen 200 feet deep in love with her.

He continues hugging her, despite her half-hearted protests, and he’s not sure what happens after but he knows no matter what, he won’t let her go so easily. 


- ; i really hope this wasn't that cheesy because /kills myself/ i'm no good in writing fluff, like no but i hope i pulled it off here! thanks for reading <3 comment your thoughts, yes?