One

Baddest
Park Chanyeol had this crazy thing for Byun Baekhyun. When he walked past nonchalantly as usual, his heartbeat would stop and his smile would cause his breath to get caught in his throat like a struggling frog. Chanyeol found himself longing for him while he lay blissfully in bed, thinking of Baekhyun's warm dreamy eyes, which was far, far too often.

The day Baekhyun joined as the Managing Director's secretary was the day Chanyeol fell head over heels in love and in absolute wanton lust for him. It was oblivion at first sight. The next morning Chanyeol found himself gazing into those warm dreamy eyes, longing to caress his hair, yearning to press his lips against the latter's.

There was nothing Chanyeol could do but beg for a date. Being only a clerkin Accounts Receivables, he did not feel particularly confident on whether he would accept. Chanyeol though was quite simply in love and love did strange things to people, and lust produced even weirder behaviour. Chanyeol plucked up his courage and walked towards Baekhyun.

"Hi, Baekhyhun! I'm Chanyeol," he said in a bright, cheerful voice, which he hoped would radiate confidence and friendliness, and mask that blond desire bubbling just below the surface.

"Nice to meet you, Chanyeol," replied Baekhyun. He quickly looked up, and as quickly looked away.

"I'd like to welcome you on board." Chanyeol grinned as he imagined himself lying next to Baekhyun.

"Thanks," Baekhyun replied, eyes not leaving the newsletter.

"Will you have lunch?"

Baekhyun glared up at him with a puzzled look and his eyes flashing angrily.

"Lunch, you know. Have lunch together, you and I -- eating together, getting to know each other. My treat!" Chanyeol elaborated.

"No, thank you," Baekhyun snapped, swiveled his chair to face the computer screen and began typing away.

"Next time perhaps." Chanyeol said, his smile dropping like a shattered rock.

"Maybe, maybe not," muttered Baekhyun as his slender fingers ran rings around the keyboard.

Chanyeol was crestfallen. Baekhyun was obviously not interested in him. He crept away towards Finance, hoping that the carpeted floor would swallow him whole.

"That boy is not your type."

Chanyeol turned around to see Do Kyungsoo from Marketing with a half-eaten biscuit and a cup of tea.

"What do you mean, not my type?"

"Not your type. I heard he got three or four boys chasing after him, but he only likes rich people." Kyungsoo shrugged.

"How do you know this?"

"I've been sitting in the cubicle opposite him. Heard all his phone calls. Don't waste time," Kyungsoo replied.

"Okay, I won't waste my time with him," lied Chanyeol.

He was not going to give up so easily. Every effort he made would be worth it. He was going to be his. He knew it. It was just a question of time and effort. Not wanting to appear too keen, Chanyeol made a tactical decision not to call him for the rest of the week. On Monday, he called Baekhyun's extension and in a deep and confident voice asked him for lunch. He was turned down, the slammed phone ringing like a bee in his ear. He refrained on Tuesday. Wednesday, he got rejected again. It was going to take more bloody effort then he thought.

By the time Friday arrived, Chanyeol was in the darkest moods. Baekhyun had rejected all lunch dates and ignored him when he came up to him with a bunch of orchids. He just dismissed him as if he was an office boy and the orchids ended up petals first in the dustbin. To make matters worse, his workmates giggled, even laughed at his every approach.

Kyungsoo kept repeating "I told you so" all through lunch until he felt sick in the stomach. "I'm going to get her, he's mine." Chanyeol said.

"How? He ignored you all the time."

"Somehow, he will be mine. I'll go to a shaman." said Chanyeol as he stood to get up.

"Wait, wait! If you are serious, I can help. My uncle's driver knows a very good shaman. He call him the biggest baddest shaman in the world!" Kyungsoo squealed.

And so that is how Chanyeol ended up on a taxi with torn plastic seats, heading to see the shaman. Finally he found the house, which to Chanyeol's dissappointment was quite ordinary, with nothing different about it. He called out a greeting anyway, removied his shoes and entered.

Chanyeol repeted his story with all the semblance of patience he could muster, telling the shaman what he wanted, what he needed. Baekhyun, of all things. The shaman had to help or he would kill himself, added Chanyeol for dramatic effect. When the shaman was done, he uncrossed his legs, stood up and approached Chanyeol and coldly whispered; "He is yours now."

He was.

As soon as Chanyeol was back in the modern city of his, Baekhyun called. He had just returned to his one-bedroom flat when the telephone rang. Baekhyun did not even ask if he was free, he was going to come over right now. Chanyeol just said yes, of course, sure thing, anytime, no problem. He abandoned his meal in the kitchen and paced up and down, straightening posters, stacking magazines, lining up shoes and slipperes, spraying air freshener everywhere.

Everything was just right. He put on some light background music, combed his hair, changed into casual trousers and tennis shirt. Bed made, cushion arranged, curtains closed, lights dimmed. It was going to be perfect. Absolutely perfect.

The door bell and rang and Chanyeol waited a few seconds before opening it. It was Baekhyun in person! Chanyeol could hardly believe it. Here he was -- oh so gorgeously. Glistening eyes, soft skin, full lips longing to be kissed. The phone rang. Chanyeol cursed himself for not putting the answering machine on. He reached for it, signaling Baekhyun to come in.

It was Do Kyungsoo.

"Can't talk now, I'm busy."

"How did it go? Did you meet the shaman?" asked Kyungsoo.

"Yes, yes. I've got to go now." said Chanyeol impatiently.

"Did he agree to help?"

"Yes, yes he did." Chanyeol looked back at Baekhyun and grinned.

"How much he charge you?"

"Not much. Why?"

"You wasted your money," Kyungsoo said.

Baekhyun smiled adoringly as he came in. Chanyeol's heart soared. It was going to be a heavenly night. He would soon be lyung next to that gleaming long hair,  it.

"Kyungsoo, I'm willing to pay ten times that. He's here. Baekhyun is here in my flat!' Chanyeol said triumphantly.

"Oh no, dear God!" hollered Kyungsoo.

"What do you mean?" asked Chanyeol irritably, angry at himself for letting Kyungsoo keep him on the line. Baekhyun closed the front door with a thud that jolted Chanyeol's heart like a gunshot.

"Baekhyun died in a car crash yesterday after work."

The phone clanged on the tiled floor, leaving Kyungsoo's hysterical warnings flying aimlessly like a buzzing insect. Chanyeol's mouth was dry and gaping like a hooked fish, his eyes wide with terror. Sweat dripped down his white face.

Baekhyun smiled, his eyes blinded, reddened and turned crimson.

"Oh darling, I'm yours," he snarled.

"No, no!" shrieked Chanyeol as he backed away.

Baekhyun floated slowly across the room to him, arms reaching out for an embrace. Even as Chanyeol felt the hard concrete wall press against his back, he cursed the shaman, the bloody awful shaman. Baekhyun floated down from the ceiling with a hungry smile, mouth open wide, teeth long and sharp, lungling longingly for Chanyeol's throat.

And all Kyungsoo could hear was screaming.