Too Much

Family Bonds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To be quite honest, I’ve already tuned out of what my friend is saying/slurring/mumbling. I know it’s something along the lines of ‘Chanyeol is so dreamy’ but other than that, it’s all the same drivel. It always is. I know she’s infatuated with the boy, and she’s always trying to get me to hook them two up, but I always insist on her making her own moves. That’s the whole reason this slumber party came out – there was a plan. And a detailed one at that. We were going to get a few glasses of wine down , then go to meet my brother and the rest of Exo at the airport, where they would be arriving tonight. (Chanyeol’s not my brother, Luhan is.) But once the drinks were checked off, we all had to have some to keep her quiet, then realised none of us could drive. And it only seemed sensible to spend whatever money could have gone towards a cab, to spend on more booze instead. So we sent the neighbour boy out to fetch us some, spending our cab money.

After that we just sort of abandoned the idea of wooing Chanyeol, focusing our attention on spilling secrets and getting completely rat-faced off of the wine.

“Ji Young, are you done yet?” I shout through to the kitchen. She’s my best friend, and she went through to the kitchen five minutes ago to get us another bottle of wine, but hasn’t come out yet. It was during our third round of truth or dare that we decided we needed more, regardless of the two already empty on the floor next to Ji Young’s sofa. That’s where we’re all sleeping for the night. 

“I bet you she’s gulping it down,” my other friend, Jong Eun retorts. To be honest, that’s the most likely option. Jong Eun gets up to go and check on the kitchen dweller, loud giggles coming from the kitchen doorway. “What are you doing on the floor?” she laughs rather loudly. I can hear some clicking of heels (Jong Eun’s), some whining (Ji Young) and then Jong Eun comes out dragging my bestie. Not because she’s unable to move, but because she’s whining about leaving the snacks in the kitchen.

Jong Eun’s on a diet, you see, and she’s been trying for so long to get myself and Ji Young on-board with her. We pretend to be, but at times like this when we can’t walk straight, the ‘diet’ goes out of the window for us. Which is why Ji Young runs back and grabs the fatty snacks in the crinkly bag, grabs two, then slings one to me over Jong Eun’s head. She tries to grab it from me, but I’ve shoved half of the packet in my mouth before she can even get close. Ji Young’s doubled over laughing at me, falling sloppily onto the floor in a heap of giggles and rustling from the bag she’s clutching to her chest.

I was previously sat with my legs crossed, but now I’ve rolled onto my back without moving my feet. It makes it harder to swallow the food, but it also means Jong Eun can’t get her healthy hands on my snacks. When it comes to food, I’m an amazing defender. You’d need arms of steel to pry my fatty snacks and chocolate away from me. And don’t even start me on cake. That’s why it baffles everyone how I’m still as thin as any girl from Girls’ Generation. But they don’t know about my morning workout session, shush.

I’m in the middle of munching through my mouthful and watching the two girls jump for the snacks that Ji Young threw to the top of the doorframe out of Jong Eun’s reach and now can’t reach for herself, when Jong Eun suddenly stops what she’s doing. Then she drops to her knees and presses her ear against the carpet, making me laugh hysterically at her.

“What on earth are you doing?” Ji Young laughs and makes one final jump, grabbing the snacks, stuffing the packet down her top so that it’s safe.

“Shush!” I try and calm my laughing in order to please Jong Eun. “The floor’s vibrating. I think we’re under attack.” And that’s all it takes to set me and my friend off on another giggling fit, Jong Eun soon following when she realises how ridiculous that sounds. “It’s stopped,” she gasps after a while. Until it starts up again and I can feel it this time, and she’s right. The floor is indeed vibrating.

While Jong Eun is spurting some crap about this being the start of the apocalypse, Ji Young goes hunting around.

“Calm your ,” Ji Young laughs, holding up a phone like a beacon above her head. “This be the source of the vibrations!” she shouts theatrically. Then when she looks at the phone, she’s confused. “But why is Luhan calling me?”

“He’s not, that’s my phone,” I laugh and reach out for the mobile, hands grabbing at the air like a child because I refuse to get up when I’m comfy on the floor. She tosses me the phone and starts wrestling with Jong Eun because…well I don’t even know what started it, I just know the packet of snacks got popped in Ji Young’s top and they went everywhere. That didn’t stop the girl from eating them though.

“Hello?” I laugh into my phone, “What’s up Lulu?”

“Li Heng?” Well that’s not my brother. It’s his boyfriend.

“Sehunnie!” I shout into the receiver and once again roll back onto the carpet with my legs crossed. “How can I help you on this fine evening?” I look out the window, and it’s raining. Oh well. It’s still fine for the frogs.

“It’s Luhan,” he whimpers back at me.

“Is he annoying you again? Is that why you stole his phone?”

“No, he’s having another one of his episodes,” is all the response I get. I know what he means though, it’s one of Luhan’s panics. The ones he gets occasionally after encountering sasaeng fans, since they make him question whether or not he still wants to be an idol.

“Where are you?”

“We had to pull over off the road, we’re in a rest stop now in the bathrooms. What can I do to calm him down?” Again, I know why he’s said this. Luhan’s only really had four other attacks like this, and even Sehun can’t calm him down. He needs someone detached from his idol life, which is how I’ve been able to do the job every time.

“Text me the address, Hunnie. I’ll be there soon.” I end the call and fling my feet from under me, stretching them and wincing at the new pain. “Guys, I’ve got to go to my brother,” I mumble to them and start dashing around on my wobbly feet to get my coat and purse. There’s enough money in there for a cab…I think. I’ll just as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter