Kim Seonsaengnim

Kim Seonsaengnim

 

 

Joonmyun was an architecture student. Was, because it has been five years since he changed the course to education. His father is a professor while his mother teaches English in a cram school so most of his friends commented that it was not a wonder that he chose the same career too.

“Is it hard, hyung? I heard there are bullies in high school nowadays”, his cousin, Jongin asks him out of the blue which got him ponders for some good seconds.

“Who said I teach big kids?”, Joonmyun replies as he adjusts his phone in between his ear and shoulder, before resuming to mark his students’ work sheet for that morning. Thanks God it is brunch so he could finishes up the marking before his next class. His homemade bento that Kyungsoo specially packed for him earlier is left forgotten among the other piles of the kids’ exercise books.

“My mom told me… wait… don’t tell me you—”

 

“KIM SEONSAENGNIM! JAEHYUN SPILLED HIS MILK ON THE CARPET!”

 

Joonmyun chuckles as he puts down his pen and goes to a tanned skin boy whom eyes shine brightly like he just let the world know the best news ever. “Taeyongie, be a good boy, hurm? Use the table cloth I put on the kitchen table to wipe the mess, can you? I will be there in a moment”

“Hai Hai, Kim Seonsaengnim!”, Taeyong answers rather cheerfully as he does a salute to the older. Joonmyun couldn’t help but smiles at the 6 years old boy’s retreating back after that. Taeyong is always so full of energy and being a great helper in his class and Joonmyun loves him for that.

 

“H-hyung… was that a kid’s voice I heard? What are you doing with that loud creature?“

 

“Yes, Jongin. That was my student”. Joonmyun says as he rolls his eyes at the younger's tone on the other line. He closes his pen’s cap and is about to get out of the room when he hears a commotion from the classroom. Gosh. It must be Yuta and Ten scaring their friends with their ghost story again. “And they aren’t that loud, mind you”

 

Irony

 

“Really, hyung? Wow daebak! I can’t believe this. You can’t even stand Luhan and Sehun during our meet up back then”, Jongin laughs as he says and Joonmyun immediately cringes at the memory.

He knew kids are prone to be lively and couldn’t stay still but he thought Kim Luhan and Kim Sehun are a bit overboard. The siblings are practically a human version of beagle. Only if you get choco bubble tea in your hand, then don’t expect them to listen to you. Joonmyun swears they must have gotten the brat from their appa because it is impossible for their mama, the sweet Zhang Yixing has it in his gene.

“Well at least I am very good with Zitao”, Joonmyun argues as he remembers his adorable son at home.

“Yeah right. That is why he only wanted Gucci on his 1st birthday. Geez you spoil him too much, hyung. Even Kyungsoo said so”

Joonmyun lets out a groan but he admits the truth in Jongin’s words. It is probably why Kyungsoo is strict with Zitao because his husband aware that he could never say no to their son. “Fine, Kim Jongin. I have no idea why did you call me in the midst of your concert tour but I appreciated it and I need to hang up now. Apparently another student of mine has just wet his pant which reminds me of you. O-okay I gotta—“

“W-wait, hyung! A-are you really a preschool teacher? I thought you were kidding just now”

 

And, as if it is on cue…

 

“KIM SEONSAENGNIM! JOHNNY PEED!!!”