Tears of a Beast I Didn't Know

See You | 내가 일어날 때 서로 봐
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I could remember this morning when I woke up, his name was the first thing I thought of. That afternoon when he took me to the meadows, the same feeling resurfaced just as I wanted everything to happen again ‘cause I know the feelings did. But as I went over my closet, and saw myself on the mirror, I came back to reality. It’s just another day, another school day, and another day to meet Kai at the same place.

“Yoon Seul, something’s different with you today.” My friend, Seoyoung asked. I knew the reason why she asked me. I knew it was because of Kai, that Kai who appears and disappears in no particular timings.

I automatically brushed the strand of hair hanging in front of my face through my ear, and there she added one more thing that I blushed, “You’re dating, aren’t you?” I saw how she studied my reaction, and by just one smile that I didn’t even planned to create, she caught me like I agreed using a smile. “Eyyy, I want to meet him. Is he studying here too?”

I suddenly thought of where he is studying, and the picture of him dancing made me realize he’s already a dance instructor, not a student. I barely or maybe I haven’t asked him if he’s studying while dancing or else. The only thing I know and remember when I’m with him is his name and how he cared for me.

--

I walked through the dark hallway where I wasn’t sure if lights were not working or just turned off. It was already a dark afternoon, and I’m still around. I just finished what’s in for today’s schedule and the thought came back, the thought that I would be seeing him again by the bus stop. As I walk through the hallway, brushing my hand through the lockers at my side, I saw how the place lighted by lightning that overlooked from the window, the sky has growled and it’s going to rain. I quickly ran outside but too late, the rain has got wilder, so I stayed for a few minutes at the guardhouse.

When the droplets began to slow down, I decided to run and ducked on my way to the bus stop. Wet street, water’s hitting my legs from time to time as I take steps forward. Before I could be even halfway there, droplets stopped falling on my sleeves and arms. It’s Kai with an umbrella. I slowly put down my arms from my head and looked at him, he smiled. My sleeves are wet. “Are you trying to get sick so I could go over your house and take care of you?” He chuckled. I don’t really want to get sick, but if it’s him who would be there taking care of me, why not? I didn’t thought of that because all I thought of that time was to hurry over the bus stop to see him. Before he could notice me looking like I’m agreeing with him, I shook my head and formed my denial. “Of course not! Who’s gonna be getting sick just for someone?”

He stopped and then glared at me where I couldn’t tell if it’s still a joke time or not. “Someone?” he asked and the umbrella slowly fell down to the ground and there he grabbed me by the arm, and he ran. His grip was tight, and I followed him then, and ran too. The rain didn’t stopped and as we ran, we got wetter and wetter.

“Tell me, Yoon Seul…” He said, his words were a bit shaken by his running body. “Am I just really ‘someone’ to you?”

I slowed down and realize what I said earlier. God, what I was saying? I didn’t think this is how will hit him. He stopped and by that time, we’re almost at the bus stop. I was catching my breath and him too.

He soon faced me and traveled his hands on both my arms through my shoulders. His hold was strong, “Are you sure I’m just someone?” He asked. My heart throbbed, “Look, I was joking that time… You’re not just someone. You’re Kai… and…”

His stare became more serious, “And?”

I don’t know what to say. I know he’s waiting for me to continue but he inched nearer and caressed his hands through my cheeks and the pulled me falling on his chest. “I already told you I like you. I know you like me too. We kissed. I kissed you and you kissed me back. So, why act like there’s nothing between us?” He said. I clearly know by myself that I like him, I’d even let him kiss me. From the very first time, he has caught me off guard, and even if it’s silent, my heart beats so loud for his name. But still, I’m not sure if this is going to be a good thing. Clearly we didn’t notice, the rain has stopped and the sky has comp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter