Chapter 1

Toy
With a shaky hand, she rested her palm over the soft surface of his cheek. It was warm soothing almost but the minute they made contact, he turned away.
 
"Don't touch me!" He spat, throwing her arm back with force. 
 
She froze, not wanting to break down in front of him and closed her eyes. It was as if someone had pulled the trigger and it was aimed right at her swollen heart.
 
Never in the time of forever that they had been together had he ever rejected a gesture like that. He would always show a soft smile and pull her into his embrace. Even when he was in pain and suffering he would hold her and hug her until the night ended.
 
But what hurt her the most was that he didn't look like he cared. She could tell he wasn't hurting as much as she was and that irritated her. 
 
"You think you can throw me around like that and then touch me all of a sudden?" He groaned in frustration, closing his eyes.
 
She knew him. Whenever he closed his eyes it was because he was having a headache.
 
"Baekhyun let me get you something to drink." She probed, turning towards the kitchen hurriedly.
 
"I've had enough to drink thank you very much," Her slurred, obviously having a little too much alcohol that night.
 
He had always done that for as long as she had known him. He would go out for a drink with some friends and come home not even knowing his name. But it was something in his intoxicated state that awoken a new Baekhyun. One that would splur nothing but honesty. Whatever happiness, sadness, pity or pain that had happened in his life would be told when he was most vulnerable. When he was suspect to harm, he would only say what thoughts or questions about anything and everything. This was something about him that caught her attention. It drew her in.
 
"Are you even listening to me?" He fumed, the tip of his ears turning red.
 
"Calm down please baby. I hear you okay?" She whispered not wanting to raise her voice. 
 
"When was the last time you told me you loved me?" His tone was a haunting whisper. 
 
Gaeun froze, her fingers twitching with every breath and she watched him. His eyes matched hers and a hushed silence fell over the two. It was so intense she could hear his pain. She could feel every ounce of rejection and hurt he had ever felt in his entire life.
 
"Baek..please stop," Gaeun's voice shook.
 
"When was the last time you made me feel like I made you feel?" His voice began to crack but he continued, "When was the last time your heart started beating when I smiled at you?" 
 
Gaeun broke. She trembled slowly as her tears started to fall. 
 
"Byun Baekhyun I love you..." She cried, a strong feeling of nostalgia washing over her. 
 
"I can't do this with you anymore Gaeun. I'm hurting! I'm drinking every damn night to hide the fact that I'm hurting!" His tears began to fall also and he groaned, getting up and running a hand through his hair. 
 
Through her tears Gaeun watched him. His glorious shirtless figure made butterflies grow inside her. The same butterflies she felt when he first held the door open for her at the small café near the end of the street. The same butterflies she felt when he first held her hand. The same butterflies she felt when he looked her in the eye, proposing that he wanted her to be his for as long as they were alive. He was beautiful. So beautiful. Everything he had done had sparked a sensational feeling in the pit of her stomach. The way he tossed his hair made her cringe inside. Cringe because she couldn't hold him anymore. She couldn't kiss him anymore. She couldn't wake up in the morning beside him anymore. He wasn't hers anymore and the mere thought of someone else holding him and loving him made her sick. 
 
Baekhyun let out a loud sigh before grabbing the bottle beside him and downing the liquid. 
 
"Please," She muttered, her shoulders shaking uncontrollably. 
 
She was weak. She knew this was what she had so longingly deserved. With every last breath she knew she could never change his mind. He was done, tired of everything she had unintentionally put him through and this was his last resort. But she was breaking. Breaking inside because what she had once known as her savior, her prince charming was soon to walk out of her fairytale. 
 
Time itself had stopped and she watched him. Beautiful brown orbs gazing at her so intensely she could have sworn he was dissecting her insides. 
 
The two stayed like that for a while and everything was silent. Only the faint sound of crickets chirping in the distance was to be heard. Barely any light was emitted into the small room and although it was quite dark, Gaeun could read out every single drop of emotion and sincerity radiating off of the man. 
 
This time, this one time she knew she had to let him go.
 
Baekhyun shook his head, his fists clenched together. 
 
"Stop making this harder for me. I can't leave you if you keep making me want you again," he cried, shoving his face into his hands. 
 
Gaeun closed her eyes, praying she would find a way, any sort of phrase or sentence to let him know that he was free. 
 
"Baekhyun..." She began, turning away ever so slightly so she wasn't looking at him. 
 
The minute they broke eye contact her insides felt cold and bare. 
 
She knew if she continued to watch him she would cry tears of coal. 
 
Hard, rough, black tears of coal because that was what she was feeling in her core. 
 
Rotten. 
 
She couldn't bare look at the man she had once grown to love and tell him he should walk away from her life for the better. 
 
"I don't want you to hurt anymore," She managed to speak and the room was hushed. 
 
Other then Baekhyun's heavy breathing from the strong intoxication, all was still and silent. 
 
"Just promise me when you leave me, you'll take care of yourself. You'll stop drinking and you'll be happy."
 
Baekhyun frowned, he was tired. The bags under his eyes were visible from his lack of sleep and constant worrying over a woman who didn't even acknowledge him.
 
He loved her.
 
He loved her. Everything about her had sent him over the edge and the little things she did were almost enough for him to forget his own name. But he couldn't express love, pity, sorrow, happiness and tragedies with someone whos heart was tragic towards him. Someone whos heart was cold and only brought him agony and immense pain. 
 
"You bring me so much suffering," Baekhyun breathed, covering the left side of his face so his tears could flow in hiding, "You make me feel like I'm worthless. Every day that passes I think what did I do to deserve this?" 
 
Gaeun's lips fell into a tight line and she looked up, trying to preserve her tears until after he was out of the house. But still, she knew she couldn't continue to listen. Her heart was shattering with every syllable that left his gorgeous, truthful lips.
 
"I think what did I do to deserve leaving the love of my life?" He barely lets out. 
 
"Leave please."
 
"You're the only person that has made me feel ways I've never felt before. You're the only person I've ever wanted Gaeun and I just can't do this anymore."
 
"Baekhyun leave."
 
"I wanted to die because with the things you made me feel Gaeun...I thought death was easier than this."