That voice tho

Talk to me

The scene begins with a quiet, serene, sunny day where birds are chirping and everything is so calm, a warm gentle breeze, everything seemed perfect for some yoga or some form of meditation well it was until an alarm went off at exactly 9.30 AM Korean standard time where Kim Joonmyun popularly known as Suho wakes up and stretches so wide that he seemed like he wasn't 4 feet something tall. Suho does his daily routine of brushing his teeth and then taking a nice hot shower followed by the burdensome task of waking up the rest of the EXO boys and like any other day, it's a failure, no one would seem to wake up and then it was 10 o'clock and the manager barges in shouting and yelling and a little bit of scolding. 

"WHAT THE HELL GUYS, WAKE THE EFF UP!!" the manager yells as he goes to each and every room trying to wake up the EXO boys and like Suho, not a single person woke up but then he said the magic words "FOR PETE'S SAKE! WAKE UP, YOU'RE LATE FOR SMTOWN" and just like that, everyone woke up although still half asleep, they woke up and everyone rushes around trying to get their act together and one of them, a maknae named 'Kai', had the audacity to say "HYUNG! why didn't you wake us up, that's really irresponsible of you" with the other maknae named Sehun nodding in agreement to which Suho just mutters gibberish saying that he tried to wake them up but no listened. SMTOWN is a really important thing for EXO, it's the time where they could gang up with the other SM acts and it is also where some of them actually met their significant other, Baekhyun with Taeyeon for example and it is where the boys get a chance to oggle on the beautiful girls of SM Entertainment, SMTOWN's like a field trip and EXO are the students who wish a field trip could happen just to escape studying and class lessons. 

Not all of the EXO boys are excited, for one, Suho has an anxiety problem, one that seems to be at its peak every time, he gets to be on the same stage as girls and of course, his crush or rather crushes, he made a fool of himself when he tried getting to know a certain f(x) member in the attempts of dating her but instead getting friendzoned badly. The boys saddle up, took quick showers, even brush their teeth in the same time and some even went to the sink to rinse their mouth because of not enough elbow space in the bathroom and some even showered together, it was awkward at first but it sure did save time for the boys of EXO. The dorm, although quite spacious, gets a little cramped at rush hours such as this but with some miracle work by the man upstairs, EXO gets fully dressed and ready in just 10 minutes, if scientists such as Stephen Hawking were here, I'm sure even he finds it scientifically impossible for this to happen. The boys rush down to enter their vans and on their way to their mode of transportation, hordes of overzealous girls scream their hearts out and takes pictures by the dozen to capture every single second that happened, cramped, loud and downright stressful, the boys push on as they were in a hurry to the stadium which is the venue of the concert. 

The boys await their turn as the make-up artists prepare the boys in turn, squeezed tight into a fitting room, one boy had enough with the loudness and hustle and bustle and just went outside for some fresh air and on the corridors, right outside of the girl's bathroom, he heard someone singing Ariana Grande's Problem. Suho just stood there, listening to the singer as she does some runs and puts some adlibs plus she sang it with a clear accent, as if she wasn't even Korean, from an outsider's perspective it kinda looks like Suho was spying on the girl's bathroom heck that was what some staff workers were thinking when they saw Suho nearby the bathroom from afar. Suho just shrugged the unncessary attention off and against his moral code, he decides to take a look and identify the singer, he knows how wrong it was for a boy to enter the girl's bathroom but he is dying to know the owner of that voice. He takes a peek and no one was there and it seemed like she was still in her stall and so Suho was left there standing waiting for her to come out but then, 3 girls came inside the bathroom, forcing Suho to hide in one of the stalls. 

"Oh my god what am i suppose to do now?!" Suho said in his head and the voices of the 3 girls were of unknown origin and so he speculated that the girls might be staff workers and just as the girls came inside the bathroom, the girl stopped singing. With the little decency he have left, he decided to shut his ears from the gossip the girls were talking about and then he heard the singer talking to the girls as if they were close friends "Alright girls, are you ready?" and the others cheered in preparation for the concert and in unison, they said "LET'S DO THIS!" and the 4 girls left. Suho went out quickly to avoid being caught in the girl's bathroom and he discovered that the 4 girls had dyed their hair, oddly done ombres. As he watches the girls leaving, he asks himself "Who are they?", i'm sure everyone knew who they were but Suho is rather different, he doesn't keep with the times and he's not really in the know of these things, that's why the other members jokingly call him 'Grandpa' for his inability to 'keep up with the times'. 

Suho tried to find the 4 girls in cheerleader outfits but to no luck and then he moved his head a few degrees to the left and on the TV screen were the 4 said girls performing, one of them stood out for him well actually two, the one with the blue ombre and the one with the pink ombre, boys will be boys but he was keen on finding out the identity of the girl who sang. He wasn't able to distinguish them but then came the solo parts, the blue haired girl sung and Suho's eyes open wide and mouth left ajar as if a ray of light was shone on him and the choir plays 'Hallelujah' in the background and with confidence Suho exclaims "It's her!" loudly actually, so loud that the staff members had the living daylights knock out of them. Suho tried getting a closer look but then, in one voice "HYUNG" as 4 boys ran to him "we thought you got lost or something, come on, Coordi-noona wants to fix you up" Suho resisted as he said with a disappointed tone 'but..but' and the boys pulled him away from the TV screen and as he walked away from the screen he murmured "Who are you?", again i'm sure everyone knew who is the blue haired girl but as mentioned before Suho is rather odd and peculier, blah blah 'Grandpa' blah blah 'Keep up with the times'. 

After getting his face made up and hair fixed up, Suho rushed out in search for the blue haired girl, to be hoenst, from a stranger's perspective, it seems rather useless, Suho as said before isn't the type to just introduce himself to a girl and he has no luck with girls whatsoever but to Suho, he just wants to know one thing about the girl, her name, the name of the girl with such a powerful voice. Suho scoured the corridors but to no luck and then when he saw the cheerleaders outfit, he was happy, he collected all the manhood that he have inside of him to ask for his name and introduce himself as Suho tried getting a closer look, in one voice "HYUNG" this time 7 boys came to him "we thought you got lost or something, come on, we gotta perform 'Lucky' hurry up hyung" Suho wasn't able to resist but as he walked to the stage, he was quite disappointed and his expression shows it, it was so obvious that Chanyeol had to comment on it and tell him to prep up and once again he asked himself "Who are you?".

The boys left the stage, Suho went to look for the girls once again, he asked for Chen's help in finding the girls but Chen replied "Sorry hyung, i gotta go, i have a collaboration stage going up, i need to get ready" Suho nodded as a sign that he understands and he gestured Chen to go on as he went for his search. The girls was there but the blue haired girl wasn't, he wanted to ask for her whereabouts and as he was about to knock on the door to their make-up room, a bunch of scenarios popped up in his head, nervous, Suho decided not to and bail out. Meanwhile, a green haired girl said "Suho sunbae was just outside our room earlier" but the pink haired girl denied even seeing a guy right beside her, this is Suho's luck, often described as mr invisible, he exudes an aura that makes him unnoticeable and his presence completely blank, you understand now why the boys jokingly call him "Mr no-luck". 

Suho instead tries to find out the whereabouts of the blue haired girl and he went to same place where he watched the performance of the 4 girls, he said to himself "No use, might as well give up, it's not like i'm gonna talk to her anyway" with the face of a quitter, Suho turned his head a few degrees and on the TV screen was Chen, Luna, Henry and surprise surprise, the girl that he was searching for and again, he was immersed in her performance, captivated by the sweet voice the girl had and his frown changed upside down as he now figured out a way to find out her name. Suho thought of asking Chen and he was so happy that he can finally find out her name, honestly if Suho waited a little bit longer, he would actually find out the blue haired girl's name as the performers introduce themselves to the audience after their cover of "That's what friends are for". 

Suho then waits for Chen in the fitting room, Chen enters the room with the claps all around the room, all congratulating him for his brilliant performance and just as he was about to ask Chen about her name, he was afraid that the boys might be suspicious and even about this so he decided to keep his mouth shut. Suho was then left disappointed about what had come of his soul search and then Chen came to him "So hyung, found this girl you were wanted to find?" and Suho had a blank expression for a moment as he thought about asking Chen or not and he went for the latter as he said "Sadly no". Chen cheered him up and he accompanied by the boys reminded him about his performance of Girl's day's Something earlier today and then his mind officially broke as he began to feel paranoid and thought about the impression that he portrayed for the girl if she saw his performance and he stood up "UGH WHY AM I SO UNLUCKY!" as he waltz out of the room with the boys asking each other what's going on with Suho and from inside the room, the boys heard the loud Suho saying "WHO THE EFF ARE YOU?!"