Caring Maknae

Golden Maknae: A Serious Brat

"Jieun wake up," I heard a weird voice in my dream. Slowly I let my eyes open to see a cute chipmunk-like face infront of mine. I might have admired his cuteness for too long because I noticed a smirk form on his lips. "Did you finally realize how cute I am?"

I shoved the brat off me, rolling my eyes at the same time. Oh yeah, Mom's birthday. I look out my window to see us pulling into the cemetery. Cherry blossom were scattered about in the cemetery and it had one hill on the northeast corner. The hill being infront of us but more to the right I pointed to it. "That's where we're going." Jungkook just nodded. 

It took a while but we were finally as close as we could get by car and had to walk up the hill. Jumping out of the car I grabbed the flowers and started running up the hill. I wanted a little alone time with my parents. 

"Happy birthday mom." I forced a smile on my face. "I can't believe it's already the second year I have to spend this day without you. I remember you used to tell me that just being by your side on your birthday would be enough to make you happy. I never listened though and still made you or bought you something. You would cry tears of joy every time. A few years ago I would call you a wimp for crying so easily but, I would cry if you gave me something on my birthday now. I miss giving you presents personally. I miss you mom. I miss your hugs and kisses on my forehead. I even miss when you would thump me on the forehead for doing something stupid. I wish you were here. Everything would be easier. We wouldn't have had to move to a new town to save money. We could have kept the old house. I miss the memories we shared there. You would thump me right now if you were here listening to me miss an inanimate object." I had tears running down my face. My mom was always my bestfriend. She was the one who knew the real me not even my close friends knew the real me. I put my hands on my face trying to calm myself down. I felt arms snake around me and I leaned into them. I needed my mom's embrace honestly but whoever was holding me would have to do. 

"Sh, it's okay Jieun. She with you in spirit I promise." Jungkook was comforting me. It was strange because it was working. 

"Jungkook will you take me to the car?" He nodded and lifted me up. I rushed and put my arms around him so I didn't fall. I never saw this side of Jungkook, the caring quiet side. It was pleasant. When we reached the car he set me in the back seat carefully. Then he just stood there.

"Jieun," he looked down at his feet, "the truth is, I was going to ditch you at the cafe and let you pay for the coffee. I was going to make fun of you for being alone at the cafe." I was shocked. He wanted to embarrass me. 

"I should make you walk home." He nodded at me but his shoes still captured his attention. "Why are you telling me this?"

"I realized you never know someone until you walk in their shoes. I didn't think I would ever see you break down the way you did. I never want to see you cry again."

"Why? Am I ugly or something?"

"No," he laughed, "you are too strong a person to cry. Especially in front of me." It was my turn to laugh. 

"Hey, Jungkook get in the car! It's time to go!" I looked behind Jungkook to see my brother, who had obviously been crying, run down the hill. Jungkook got in beside me and Jimin got up front and started the drive home. 


A little short but here you go! I'm thinking of changing the title. If you have any ideas please message me! Don't be a silent reader!