Flexible Maknae

Golden Maknae: A Serious Brat

When the bell rang signaling the end of school, I ran home. I guess I should be happy my school is only running distance away but sometimes I think it would be nice to be a cool kid and drive.

I rushed through the door, threw my backpack on the couch and went to see my brother. He was cooking which is not a good thing. 

"Jimin! Don't cook!" I'm surprised the house isn't on fire honestly. "Let me call Jin to help you."

"No! He'll make fun of me again!" 

"Then let me cook! You can't waste ingredients." I grabbed the spatula from his hands. "You know we are low on funds this month."

It's just Jimin and I. Our parents died a year ago from a serial killer. I actually found out from the news. My brother decided it would be best I didn't know.  I still can't watch the news. 

"I wanted to make mom's favorite dish for her birthday tomorrow." Jimin looked down at the table when I looked at him. I knew he was tearing up. I sighed and said, "Jimin will you cut up these vegetables for me?"


"Hey Jieun!" I looked behind me to see a smiling Jungkook. 

"What do you want brat?"

"I was wondering if you were going to get that coffee with me?"

"Sorry Jungkook. I have to do something today. You can tag along if you like and we can get coffee afterwards." Why are you being nice to the brat?!?! Jieun you pabo!

"Sure! I'd love to."

"Ok meet me at the gate as soon as school ends. If you are five minutes late, I'll leave you here."

"Ok! See you Jieun!" You were mean to him yesterday and now you're nice Jieun? Must be because of mom's birthday. I really hope she likes what we made. Now I'm making her seem like she's still alive. I felt something wet streak down my cheek. Tears not now! And people are now staring at me. Just go to your next class Jieun.


2:34p.m

He's going to be late. 

"Jieun!" Or not.

*Tick*

Dang it I almost escaped having to deal with him. Why did I even invite him in the first place?!

"Let's go." I just started walking off leaving Jungkook to follow me. He came up next to me and started blabbing nonsense which lead my mind to focus on other thing. That dreaded day a year ago. It has been a few months since the anniversary but it still hurts. Tears welled up in my eyes and I struggled to force then back. 

"Jieun," he gently grabbed my shoulder, "are you okay?"

I wiped my eyes. "Yeah, let's just hurry to my house." Jungkook was silent the rest off the way to my house which was only a few minutes but it was nice. 

"Jimin! I'm home!" I threw my bag on the couch and started up the stairs towards my room. "I need to change before we leave."

"Okay," Jimin said but only a second later he screamed.

Rushing out of my room, barely dressed, I went to see what the matter was. 

"Jieun, WHY IS A BOY IN OUR HOUSE?!" He was pointing at Jungkook and looked all nervous. He looked like he was in an anime and I had to laugh. 

"I felt bad that I had to cancel our coffee meeting so I invited him to come with us." Jimin went paler than before. 

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN COFFEE MEETING?!"

"I think she means date." Jungkook smirked at me and I rolled my eyes. "No I don't now did you grab some flowers?" I asked looking at Jimin. 

"Yeah!" He walked into the kitchen and came out with a bundle of lilies. They were my mom's favorite. 

"Ok, then we are ready to go! Jimin you're driving right?"

"Neh~"

"Ok, come on brat." I dragged the brat to the car while he kept asking me, "can your brother really drive? He just seems so short." My answer always being, "yes now shut up brat." Then proceeding to try to shove the tall boy into the small backseat. When he finally got in, he forced me to sit next to him. "It's going to be a long drive so you should rest." I felt my eyes drooping at the thought of sleep. My eyes overpowered my mind after the silent battle they were having for the last few seconds and I drifted to sleep.