Chapter 3

Room-mate

Krystal wakes up as I open the curtain of the window. She blinks her eyes innocently like she doesn't know at all what we just did. She smiles at me and waves her hand. 

"Good morning," She says as she walks off the bed and starts putting on her clothes. "I thought you were leaving already" 
 
"No, I mean we have to clean the sheet. It's Kris' parents bedroom" I say. She only laughs at my reaction and shrugs her shoulder.
 
"Look,they barely come home every weeks! And kris' has so many house workers that you can't even count them!" She sits herself on the peach colored couch across the bed, and puts on her shoes there. "I'm sure he'll be okay with that. It's not like we're the first and only person that did it in here"
 
I only nod along at Krystal's explaination. I followed her to put on my clothes before walking downstairs with her, I feel different with the way I see her. I feel like I'm not that attracted to her like how I felt last night. I feel like she has lost her shine, i don't know why, maybe It's just me.
 
We met Kris downstairs. He offered us to stay for breakfast. Krystal pass the offer. Amber is staying for breakfast, since I will go back to the dorm with her, I also stayed.
 
"Did you do her last night?" Kris asks, out of the blue. I look at him surprised. He only let out his chic laugh and spread some more butter on our waffles. I drink my milk in big gulps before answering his question.
 
"Yeah" 
"Good for you then. She's kinda hard to approach, man" Kris says as he puts the plates with waffles and sunny side eggs infront Amber and me. I only let out a goofy smile before chowing down my breakfast. Amber chuckles when she saw my acts. She told me to eat slowly as she pats my back. 
 
"You'll get indigestion if you eat like that" She says. Kris nods along, meaning that he agrees with her that I eat way too fast and It could be dangerous. So I slow down. I wish this breakfast and question session will end really quick.
 
"Thanks for the food, it was delicious bro" I one arm hug kris before leaving the house.
"You're welcome, thank you for coming to the party guys" He says, he waved his hand at us before closing the gigantic front door and dissapear behind it.
 
Amber's car was already parked infront of the house. We hop inside it and ride back to the dorm. It was quiet because we both still feel a little bit hangover. My head hurts a little, but I don't mind it. I wanted to sleep at that time, but I don't want Amber to feel like my personal driver, so I talk a little with her. She didn't ask me anything about last night, wich is cool. 
We arrive at the dorm 15 minutes later. Amber parks the car on the dorm's parking lot and we walk together to our room. I throw my body at my bed and close my eyes for a bit. But then, Amber shakes my body and shifts her eyes to the medium sized televison on top of a small wooden closet on her side of the bedroom. There's also a dvd underneath the TV. 
 
"Do you want to watch some movies?" Amber asks out of the blue. "I heard we could rent dvds in the library on our campus. Let's go to there" 
"Whoa, I haven't said yes" I say as I fixed my position to sit properly on my bed. 
"Come on, I'm sure you'll enjoy it" Yeah yeah, she sure can't let a single time passes without anything fun to do. So, I go along with her plan. We stroll down to our campus' library. It is pretty close with our dorm. Inside the library, we talk to the librarian behind a wide and tall wooden table. She looks at us behind her glasses,raising her eyebrows. 
 
"Where can we rent the dvds?" Amber asks. The librarian points her finger to one section wich had 'DVDs' written on a small board on top of the first bookcase. We walk there, there are plenty of good movies there, but they aren't the new released movies. I choose some of my favorite action movies while Amber chooses comedy movies. The librarian write down our names and she also write the date that we will return the dvds. We sign on the library's guest book before leaving outside. 
 
When we arrive in our room, Amber told me to check if the dvd player is still working or not. It works perfectly, so we immediately insert our first movie inside the dvd player. It's a romantic movie picked by Amber, wich a little bit surprising for me. 
 
I lay down on her bed while she sits on the bed with her back rested on the wall. The movie is about a girl who suffered from temporary amnesia and she forgot that she was married to this nice guy who will always be there for her to help her to get her memories being together with him return. It's called the vow if I'm not wrong. It's kinda boring you know. I never really enjoy this kind of movie. I can't stand the oh-so-in-love couples in romantic movies. But since Amber always cracks a joke at the romantic scene, I kinda enjoy it. She makes it fun to watch. 
 
We were almost immersed with a sad scene in the movie. I know it's ridiclous to say, but I am immersed with their acting. The on-screen couple were saying sweet things to each other while looking at each other's eyes longingly. It was okay until they started kissing passionately, they even fall to the ground, but they continued the kissing thing anyway. It starts to get weirder when they were on the floor. It's okay if it was only me watching this all by myself, but right now I'm watching it with someone else. And Amber is a girl too. 
 
Amber looks at me awkwardly and scratchs her neck nervously. "Should I change the movie? It's too cheesy for me" She says, eyes facing the floor. 
 
"Y-yeah, sure if you want to" I shrug and nod my head.
 
She looks at me for a while. We were basically so close with each other at that time. Our bed barely fit for one person to sleep on it but yet, we were laying and sitting on it together. I sit myself on the bed. Why does she keeps looking at me like that? 
 
Amber pulls herself closer to me. She leans her face closer to mine. She hestitantly place her palm on the back of my head. I know where it goes but I just can't, I mean I couldn't do this.
 
"Whoa," I pull my face away and she realeses her palm from the back of my head. "Let's go change the movie haha" 
 
"No-no, you can continue watching other movies. I'll just go outside, I need fresh air" Amber says. I don't think what just happened going to just be forgotten by her. "And please, just forget what happend. Okay?-bro?" 
 
"Okay," As I say that, amber shook her head and left the room.