Chapter 1

Room-mate

"Could you help me lift the bags to the front door, dad?" I ask as I take some of the bags out from the car. 

"Sure, anything for you bud" My dad steps outside the car and helps me bring the bags to the front door of my new university dorm. "Are you sure you're okay if I leave now?" My dad asks as he pats my shoulder. Dude, I'm like almost twenty this year and he still treats me like I'm his five years old son. 

I shrugs his hand off my shoulder "I'm okay dad. Thanks for helping me today" I hug him for the last time before he bids me a farewell.

I check once again my room number on the paper that I got from the faculty office. It's room number 146. Sounds like a good room number. I wal through the hallway and look at every numbers that were written on every front door of the dorm rooms.

"Here it is," I sigh in relieve and knock on the door, to make sure there's no one inside. I know I definitely have a roommate,but enjoying sometime alone before he come would be great. 

The room looks like a standard cheap hotel roomarrow-10x10.png. But it's clean and neat, so I'm okay with that. At least this is far way better than my room back home. My father even questions me how can I leave in a literally sea of trash like that. But that's my room, and as long as it's my own room no matter how dirty it is, it's still comfortable and cozy for me. 

I hang my guitar bag on the wall hanger behind the door. I think it's supposed to be a coat hanger, but whatever my guitar still need space, man.

"Hi," Just before I rest my head on the pillow, a guy, I guess, enters the room. He smiles awkwardly at me and put his belongings inside. He looks so hip hop-ish very different from the way I dressed. I only wear this black plain t shirt with my dark blue jeans. He walks towards me and fixed his snap-back before sitting on the bed across the one that I laid down. "Do you mind if I take this side?" 

"Nope. That's fine with me." I nod and finally get my body to a proper sitting position. "What's your name?" 

"It's Amber" He says. That's pretty feminime for a boy's name though. Is he really a 'he'? "And, I'm a girl by the way. I'm afraid you'll get mistaken" She shruggs and flashes a smile. Now that she said that, I don't have to doubt my thought about her again. 

"oh okay, cool" I say. Wait what? My roomate is a girl? Does she not even bothered by this? I mean, everything could happend you know? "But- wait this dorm is a co-ed dorm? seriously? you okay with this?" 

She only nods her head and rests her back on the bed. She put on her earpods and here I am being an ignored fella. 

Guess, I have to bear this for the rest of my semester at university. 

 

A/n Sorry for this short chapter! :( But it's only the beginning, I'll make sure that I make a longer one for the next update! Keep reading and subscribe :-)