Chapter 1

Glimpse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soobin’s P.O.V

“Oh my gosh Soobin. I... I’m so sorry…”

My best friend Grace tried her absolute best to stay calm in front of me when I first told her the news. We were sitting on my bedroom floor, just like we always did, then I decided to tell her the painstakingly detailed bad news.

“Well the doctor said I have around 6 months left.” I answered, staring at the floor. I felt Grace touch my arm lightly.

“Honey, is there anything I can do for you?”
“I… I don’t think-“
“You always wanted to meet Lee Jonghyun, didn’t you?”

My heart pounded at the sound of his name. Grace smiled lightly.

“I’m going to make that happen. Just watch me, Kim Soobin. I’m going to make that happen.”
“Grace…’ tears welled up in my eyes without my permission, and Grace grabbed the camcorder she always carried around in her bag, and powered it up.
“Let’s record something, and I’ll make sure he sees it.”
“Well what do I say?" I grabbed the nearest mirror and fixed my messy hair.
"Introduce yourself... and tell him about your current situation... and it's up to you, really. Say whatever you want."
"Okay then..."
"You ready?"
I nodded and she pressed the record button.

 

"Hello, Lee Jonghyun-ssi." I bowed. "My name is Kim Soobin, and I am your loyal fan."
I swallowed. Grace beckoned me to go on.
"I am here recording this message with my best friend Grace. I uh- I..."
I took a deep breath before regaining my posture and looking at the camcorder again.
"I am diagnosed with cholodial melanoma, a type of cancer that affects my eyes. I am going to undergo surgery in a few days, and the doctor said that I... I will slowly lose my sight after surgery."
Grace dabbed at her tears, and I silently wiped mine away.
"I... This rare type of cancer is fatal, and I'm told that I only have just around 6 months left to live. A response... a hello from you would mean the world to me. I really hope to hear from you, Jonghyun-ssi."
I looked at Grace. She gave me a thumbs up, then stopped the recording on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter