Messy Room 2: This creep...

Messy Room

I stared at him in confusion. Who calls me Hunchae anyway? Apart for that one hell of a drama queen best friend I have --Sandara Park. Honestly, the thought of me being a Hunchae gives me goosebumps. 

 

" Were we enemies in my past life? I swear nobody calls me Hunchae, not even..." I stopped when the image of Soohyuk flittered before me. Before I knew it, the whole scene that happened last night replayed in front of me.

 

There was the woman in the red dress, clinging on to his arm. I could hear the clicking of her heels could be echoing in the empty lobby.

There was his hand, snaking up her thigh. I could hear his hysterical laughter from miles away.

There was me, pathetically peering through my menu, at the couple. My sobbing, clamped by me hand, maybe they were really silent, I couldn't hear them myself.

Maybe I should have just suffocated myself with my hand. Or let myself drown in this endless heartwrench and tears. Deafen myself in his laughter and my own infinite screaming and cries.

 

"ARGHHHHHH!!!!!"

The memories from last night made a whirlwind of confusion in my head. Frustrated, I screamed, only to earn an amused stare from that creep. He raised an eyebrow at me, before he looked down and continued  chopping. I stared at him as he chopped something diligently like a good old housewife. Think of something, Chae. The atmosphere's really awkward.

 

"So...have we met before?"

I let those words slip nervously out of my lips as I slumped onto the couch.

"No."

He gave a quick and short answer. Then it was followed by another awkward moment of silence.

 

"Then how do you know me? Are you my stalker?"

I pried, hoping that he would at least give me a friendlier answer.

"No."

His expression remained grim.

"Can you read my mind?"

"No."

"Do you own a deathnote?"

"No."

"But you know my name! You must be lying! I know you own a deathnote!"

"No."

"Do you see my life-expectancy?"

"No."

"Where's your deathnote? Let me touch it, I wanna see your Shinigami."

"No."

Clang! He put down the chopped and walked to me with a seemingly irritated expression. Is he going to strangle me? Before I knew it, he reached out his hand for my head. My panic mode has just been activated. I squeeze tight my eyes and screamed,

" IF YOU WANT TO KILL ME YOU COULD AT LEAST WRITE MY NAME ON THE DEATHNOTE INSTEAD OF RESORTING TO THIS KIND OF CRUEL HOMICIDEMMPH-"

I stopped after he shove something into my mouth. In shock, I spat out everything and shrieked,

" What was that that you gave me to eat? Poison?"

I asked sarcastically, obviously pissed and irritated. Suddenly, it dwelled on me that he may have actually fed me poison. Especially since he wanted to kill me in the first place. I slowly lifted my eyes to meet his, only to realise that he looks like he is either fuming with rage or trying hard not to detonate his own inner bomb. Especially with the brown flecks of part of my spit all over, I tried not to laugh.

 

" Pancake. I stuffed one into your mouth since you couldn't keep it shut! And then you thought that it is poison. Seriously woman, you are bipolar!" 

The creep kind of screamed at me as he rushed off to wash himself. I looked after him, shocked.

 


 

"Sorry. It was an accident...I mean, things like this can happen when you find yourself waking up in a creep's house. "

He gave me a sharp glare when I said the "creep".

 

"And this is how you address someone who provided you breakfast and a place to sleep for one night."

I winced and looked down at the plate, already squeaky clean after I wiped it clean of my breakfast. Damn, he may seem like a creep, but he does good breakfast. Another deadly awkward silence followed. I could hear crickets singing with the tick of the clock.

 

" Yah...sorry I made things hard for you...you just pissed my off."

He spoke rather awkwardly. Great, you just put me into the position where I have no idea what to reply. I mumbled a curse under my breath and stared away.

Suddenly, he grabbed my chin and tilted my head so that my pupils will meet his. I gulped as I stared at the brown orbs of his eyes.

"Call me Jiyong-oppa."

 

"No. You may well call me Chaerin-noona. I'm 23. I'm not as young as I look, you know. "

I said, slightly satisfied that I could own him.

 

"I'm 26. Thanks for your compliment, Hunchae-ahjumma will be."

He smiked and winked. I rolled my eyes and continued.

"Speaking of which, you haven't explain to me how you got your name."

"Well, in the morning while you were sleeping, a certain friend of yours called your phone to remind you to attend a certain meeting. Except that I picked up the phone."

He gently rolled the sentence off his tongue, emphasizing on every 'certain'

I dropped my jaw in shock. Suddenly, it hit me that today was when the Chief Editor of our Bizzare magazine would be allowing us to choose a theme that we would like to work on. 

 

" You should have told me earlier! Ah...I'm dead! I know you're all out to kill me but,"

I said as I grabbed my handbag and tumbled over the piles of rubbish to the door and shot him with a hand 'gun' before I rushed out of the door.

I paused once I stepped outside the door.

The scenary outside took my breath away.

It's exatly the same as the one outside my apartment. 

I turned around and looked at the unit numbers.

 

OMG.

Don't tell me that that creep really is my neighbour.



Helloooo readers,

Congratulations to myself for finally updating this story^^

And you for surviving through this unplanned chapter.

sorry for the amount of glitches in this story.

I just realised that Chae should have had a hangover since she was drunk-sleeping.

But well, my world does have it's own exceptions.

Thank you again, for bothering to read, subscribe and comment.

And a BIG BOO KISS to my upvoters!