Love + 3 = ?

Love + 3 = ?

"Love Triangle." Daehyun repeated that word as if he heard it for the first time in his life.
But actually there was nothing triangle-ish about his current... situation.
For him it was crystal clear.
He likes Himchan. But there was also Youngjae, his best friend. "And stop mentioning Youngjae! I don't even know what he has got to do with all of this. He's my best friend-" "Best friend.. so so.. You do know that you get these, umm, these heart eyes like Brock from Pokémon?"
. "One more word and I'll burn your whole Pokémon Collection, Moon!"
"Oh my god Daehyun!! Get a grip, man!" Daehyun whined at his friends, very justified, demand.

Jongup, usually very calm, had enough of Daehyun's drama and self-pity. Daehyun was in love with Himchan. At least that's what he thought.
"Daehyun, are you sure? Like, really really really sure?" asked his other friend, Junhong from Daehyun's kitchen.
"NO!" "And that's the problem." added Jongup irritated. "Jesus Christ, I wish I had your problems man." "Oh Zelo please! You can have them if you want to!"
Daehyun dramatically plunk down into the couch behind him. "Wait can we please focus on the actual problem? This is the hundredths time that we get off the point."
"Alright. So there's Himchan.."

Kim Himchan. The most beautiful man alive, according to everyone. Of course, Daehyun shared that opinion.
And he had a huge crush on that beautiful man. He was not only beautiful in his appearance, he was very humble and kind. Not to forget his musical talent!
Himchan was amazing! But Daehyun also had a lot of competition which didn't made it any easier to approach his crush.
Daehyun appears as very confident and relaxed but when it came to the object of his affection, all of that was forgotten.
Now he was love sick. He couldn't sleep and even his favorite Cheesecake remained untouched. He felt sick, sweaty and constantly nervous.
Love sure is one heck of a roller coaster ride. Especially if you like a guy as mysterious as Kim Himchan.
"I haven't even seen Jaejae for a long time.." Jongup gave Junhong a knowing smile and sighed. "And you have no idea why?"
"No ing clue! He won't even response to my text messages. I really need him in this situation!" Another sigh. "You need him?"
Daehyun just nodded and sulkily played with the hem of his shirt. Where is his damn best friend?! Youngjae never ignored him!
Well.. he actually does it all the time when Daehyun is being an inconsiderate jerk again which happens quite often. But not like this! Usually Daehyun was able to calm his best friend down after a few hours. But now it's been almost three weeks and Daehyun's worries grew. But Junhong and Jongup wouldn't tell him what was wrong with Youngjae. Daehyun had to figure it out himself. 

"Yes I need him! He's my Jaejae and I'm worried!" Junhong chuckled and Jongup sipped on his juice. "Then go visit him." "But- I have a date with Himchan tonight." 
Groaning.
"Daehyun. Listen. We like Himchan and we like you. But together? As a couple?" "What's your point Jongup? Good ing bye, thanks for coming but you can leave now. I asked for your help and honestly? Everything that you told me is just-" "The truth! Have fun on your date Daehyun. Come Junhong, Daehyun needs a little time to dress up for Himchan." Daehyun stayed in his seat and just a moment later the front door shut behind Junhong and Jongup.
Now Daehyun was even more confused than before.
Why did they mention Youngjae so often. Sure he was his best friend but Daehyun's awkwardness around Himchan was the topic.
"Enough worries for today!" Daehyun decided to postpone all of the thinking to another day and just focus on getting ready.

A week later and Daehyun still haven't heard anything of Youngjae and his heart ached a little.
Even more when he saw how good Himchan and Yongguk got along. He also kept avoiding J & J. Junhong and Jongup were nowhere to be seen.
But according to a short text message from Junhong, they were spending time with Youngjae.
"Oh .." he really had nobody. He and Himchan had fun on their date but after some sleepless nights Daehyun had to admit that just maybe they weren't the perfect match. Himchan kept making fun of him and the other way round. But it wasn't as fun as it was with Youngjae. Himchan was beautiful but Youngjae was just so lovely. Thinking about it, Daehyun liked Youngjae so much more. His eyes had the same brown color as the Hot Chocolate which he always bought his younger friend. His soft hair which always smelled like vanilla and a hint of strawberry. Daehyun sometimes made fun of that but in reality it was his favorite smell. Not to forget his cheeks! Goddammit, his cheeks! Sweet and fluffy like peaches. The mole on his neck. His love for striped shirts. How cute he looks in beanies. 
Just thinking about Youngjae, he felt snug, secure and contained. With Youngjae he felt home. 

Weeks passed and the ignored feelings of missing Youngjae hit him all at once. 
"I'm the worst friend in the world." He pressed 'send' and sighed. The clock on his phone read 01:52 am. It was a Sunday.
Maybe Youngjae was partying. "Took you long enough" Daehyun smiled from ear to ear. And suddenly his smile disappeared. 
Junhong and Jongup were right. Daehyun needed him. But not just as a best friend. >beep<
A text message from Junhong.
"If you love two people at the same time, choose the second. Because if you really loved the first one, you wouldn't have fallen for the second."
This kid seriously spent too much time reading the quote book he got for Christmas.
"Guess you're right." But a response from Youngjae still didn't solved anything. So he got up and quickly slipped into his shoes. Suddenly he became a little self conscious. He didn't necessarily wore his most beautiful pair of sweatpants and the hoodie that he threw on had a few small stains from his last dinner. His hair was a complete mess after hours of rolling around in his bed. But Youngjae wouldn't care, right? 
During the car ride he tried his best to calm down but failed miserably. He was just about to confess to Youngjae. His best friend.

After the third gentle knock, a sleepy Youngjae opened the door. "Oh." was everything that he said. Suddenly aware of whom actually stood right in front of him, he shyly hid behind the opened front door. "Can I come in Jae?" He nooded and slowly opened the door a little more. Quietly Daehyun made his way through the familiar living room into Youngjae's bedroom. Youngjae followed him and immediately crawled back into his bed. "Jaejae.. I'm here to apologize. I shouldn't have ignored you. I know that I'm the worst best friend ever." There was no reaction from Youngjae and Daehyun sighed. "Dating Himchan was actually a good thing tho." A huff from Youngjae and a smile from Daehyun. "He's a nice guy and he's definitely crush worthy. But not someone I could imagine spending the rest of my life with." "Congratulations. It's not like, we all told you that before." "Jaejae listen-" "Don't Jaejae me!" Youngjae sat up straight and almost stumbled over his own feet when he got up. Curiously Daehyun watched Youngjae who blushed and obviously thought of something to say. "Jaejae" he cleared his throat.

"Funny that we're standing here in your bedroom at two in the morning, right?" "Well, yeah.." "There's something that I need to tell you." He slowly took Youngjae's hand into his own. "You ignored me because you were jealous. You don't have to say anything, I know it. I just was too dumb to see that. I know that this is supposed to feel awkward, you're my best friend, but it doesn't. It feels good, really good actually. Jongup and Zelo talked some sense into me because I was just too blind to see it myself. That I'm not in love with Himchan but.. oh man.. but with you Youngjae. I..." Youngjae's eyes glistened in the dim light which shone through the curtains. "I love you, Yoo Youngjae. Not only as a best friend but as my crush." There was a moment of silence. "Come on, Jae please say something! Oh god I feel like throwing up.." "Hey! Hey.." Youngjae's voice now gentle and sweet. "Daehyunnie~ I love you too." "Really? I mean, are you sure?" "Yeah I'm more than sure. I hate to admit but I was so mad. Not at you but at myself. You were so excited every time you saw Himchan,  I thought I didn't had any chance, especially as your best friend." "Nonono! I'm just an idiot, that I didn't realized how wonderful you are. Everything about you." He whispered the last words and Youngjae's pink lips never looked more beautiful and delicious. "Dae?" "Mhm.." "We both seriously waited way too long. You can kiss me if you want to, you know. Not just look. I mean boyfriends do that right?" "Oh so now I'm your boyfriend? Truly an honor Mr. Yoo." "Same here, Mr. Jung." Daehyun could feel Youngjae's smile on his lips when he finally pulled him closer and kissed him. That was long overdue.


________________________________________________________________________________

oh god that was really bad, i'm so sorry!
in my head it all looked different but i just wanted to finish this ;A;

- instanttoffee