Worlds and Places

The Time Watcher From Aetas

AETAS

 

Aetas home to the Watchers of Time, also working as a passageway to the other worlds, as well as Nusquam, Aetas is surrounded by giant walls, meant for keeping the citizens of Nusquam abay. The walls themselves are overgrown with plants from the Aetas side, the leafs being vibrant and warm in colour during the day, and being cold in the colour schemes during the night often being purple, blue and silvery. The plants in general, in Aetas, change colour after how bright there is and how dark there is, giving Aetas an almost surreal aura during the night.

 

The length of nights and days vary in Aetas, unlike the day and night circles on Terra, night or day can last up to several days and is completely independent of whatever season it may be. The concept of seasons, that affect the day and light circles, is something the citizens of Aetas find very interesting, since it is not something they themselves have experienced.

 

In the center of Aetas you will find the shrine named Creo Vita, it is here Mater Matris informs the Watchers of Time when a new world is being created as well as who’s calling it is to watch over it. It is also here that a Watcher of Time is born or appears, the silvery Vita flower blooming around the body of the new Watcher, spreading up the columns of the shrine to showcase to other Watchers that a new one has been born or appeared. The altar is circular and during daytime the bricks of the altar are a bright gray with a gold-like coloured liquid running between the bricks, spreading out into what looks like a humongous spiderweb, during the night time the bricks of Creo Vita change colour to purple and instead of a gold-like liquid running between the bricks, a now silvery substance is running between them, illuminating the altar and working as a light during night time.

 

Around Creo Vita you will find a form of lake or stream if you will, bridges leading to the shrine over it. The lake is called Lacus Mundus and spreads into several other streams, each dividing at least a couple of times before becoming a small pond. The small ponds each have a world that they represent, whether it be Terra or somewhere else, they can be used as a way to watch what is happening in the world of the pond, letting a Watcher of Time see what goes on in even the smallest of villages. However, the small ponds do not only work as a means to see what is going on in each world, if jumped into they will teleport you into said world and the ponds are therefore something the Watchers of Time try to keep as safe as possible, away from people who wish to use it as a means to escape into a new world that is no longer their own or never was their own.

Last but not least, the hourglass rooms. A place, in which a Watcher of Time can see the current state of the world they watch over. As well as how long there is until the world will go under, this can in some cases be affected by the citizens of the world, however it is very rare that such a thing happens, Terra being one of the few in which the citizens have affected the time to which the world will go under.

NUSQUAM

 

Nusquam what the people of Terra, and many other worlds, would most likely call the realm of the dead, however to the Watchers of Time it is no such thing. For a Watcher of Time, each creature in their world has a set amount of time in it before their souls or spirits leave their temporary body and make the travel to Nusquam, where they will continue to live on now in their somewhat spirit-like state. Unlike before where they had to feed, if they had to feed that is, they now no longer needed to eat to survive and other basic things a ‘living’ person would have to do to survive. Nusquam is the ending station for spirits, they will make no further travels to other destinations. At least if everything goes as it is supposed to, they will not leave this place.

 

Nusquam is a vast realm divided into different layers, it is unknown how many layers Nusquam has by the Watchers of Time as they do not travel into the realm of Nusquam unless absolutely necessary. All that is known, from the Watcher of Time’s view is that the first layer of Nusquam’s earth is bleak and is harsh. Not many trees grow here, and those who do often look like all life that had been contained within them had been burned out of them, the fire leaving nothing but black trees, coal, and ash in its wake. Whether or not, all of Nusquam looks like this is another thing that is unknown thing for the Watchers of Time’s side.

 

It is of the utmost importance, that the people of Nusquam do not gain access to the ponds in Aetas, as the appearance of the people of Nusquam in a world that is not their own, could cause unimaginable havoc upon the world they make it into. Mater Matris has warned the Watchers of Time not to let an outside force affect the world, though the consequences of such a thing happening has never been put into words by Mater Matris, whenever she had appeared before the Watchers.

It is said, that Aetas is in the center of Nusquam, its high walls shooting up higher than the eye can reach. Aetas’s walls from the outside are as black as can be, covered with plants which seem more dead than alive. There are only few ways to get into Aetas, and they are heavily guarded by Watchers of Time that do not have a world to watch over at the time.

TERRA

 

The world in which humans reside, also called earth, and is watched over by Celo Hora. The world is covered with concrete buildings among other things, having lost much of its former beauty as the humans progressed in technology. Terra is one of the few worlds that have affected the time of its existence, sadly in a negative way, having created cracks in the hourglass of Terra where the sand runs out, speeding up the end of the world that is Terra. Terra in itself was already estimated to be a world that would only exist shortly compared to that of other worlds. 

 

Pollution is all around in Terra, being created by fabrics down to a single person. For several years, there has been talk about the pollution, as well as their overuse of resources that there isn’t eternal masses of, becoming more and more relevant as people theorize that the world will not have those resources for much longer, if they don’t find other means of creating things like electricity, warmth and such.

 

The citizens of Terra do in general not have any magical powers, another thing that sets Terra apart from many other worlds, where magic often is abundant or is there to some lesser degree.

 

Oh, another thing important to mention; Terra or earth is also the world in which Baekhyun resides, in a country named South Korea, in a city named Seoul, that is all he will ever tell.